Iris Pallida 2007 (2007)

PerfumerAnne Flipo
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchFox Paine & Company > Cradle Holdings

About Iris Pallida 2007

Iris Pallida 2007 is a feminine perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Anne Flipo

Reviews of Iris Pallida 2007

Ummmmmm, we're calling this an iris (orris butter) perfume, why? This is shockingly, nauseatingly, suffocatingly, disgustingly, and entirely about the ANISE! Please understand that I am an orris butter connoisseur, so I am no novice when it comes to this note or its many facets. With that in mind, I'm telling you, IP is NOT an orris butter fragrance. You've been warned.
22nd January, 2013
Ther is something very strange going on with Iris Pallida on my skin. Opens slightly velvety and I think this is going to be a wonderful scent experience. Quickly I feel the scent turned on me and it becomes sour, pungent, unpalatable. Its nearly a scrubber. I can't for the life of me imagine what is beautiful about this. It's musty, rotting vegetal , sour rubber and one dimensional .Quite horrible and that's a shame for me.
29th June, 2010
The top notes are somewhat akin to the legendary Iris Silver Mist, the combination of carrot and iris being used again here, together with a large dollop of anise, but the spicy, earthy, rooty qualities found in ISM are absent, leaving Iris Pallida feeling rather reserved, and in a sense, "paler". The anise is strong and absinthesque, totally removed from any licorice-candy associations. In the drydown, Iris Pallida becomes very soapy, almost unpleasantly so, given the bone-dry backdrop of an increasingly woody iris, cedar, and anise.

Pay no attention to the "feminine" designation if you're worried about this being too sweet or floral - it couldn't be further away. This is a very dry, clean, almost ascetic iris, stripped of all opulence.
06th September, 2009
Asha Show all reviews
L'Artisan Iris Pallida (EDP, limited edition)

Notes: Iris, lily of the valley, violet leaf, orange blossom, rose, aniseed, patchouli, cedar, vetiver, ambrette seed, white musk, guaiac wood (from luckyscent.com)

In my first spray of Iris Pallida, immediately apparent are anise, pepper, iris root and violet leaf. The iris root is of the moist, carroty variety, although it does not have the typical cold and clammy quality that I sometimes smell in iris scents that are very rooty. The anise and violet are marvelous counterpoints as they seem to simultaneously warm and freshen the doughy aspects of the iris root. Later in the development, IP becomes much soapier. In fact, when combined with the iris and violet, the soapy note seems to launch IP into the space that lies between Prada Infusion d'Iris and Dior Homme EDT. If I could remove the lipstick note from Dior Homme, but keep the woody, herbal tones, and inject some lovely floral, soapy softness from Infusion d'Iris, I feel that I would arrive at Iris Pallida. Considering I enjoy Infusion d'Iris and Dior Homme a great deal, I find Iris Pallida quite lovely as well. Sillage and longevity are moderate, the arrival time to skin scent being around 5 to 6 hours. The deep drydown is comprised of creamy woods and light musk. Overall, an excellent choice for men or women, and worth testing by anybody who wants an alternative to mainstream designer iris fragrances.
07th August, 2009

Add your review of Iris Pallida 2007

Shop for Iris Pallida 2007 products online

Search Amazon for Iris Pallida 2007

Member images of Iris Pallida 2007

There are no member images of Iris Pallida 2007 yet. Why not be the first?