Vetiver Dance (2008)

Vetiver Dance information

Year of Launch2008

HouseTauer

About Vetiver Dance

Vetiver Dance is a shared / unisex perfume by Tauer. The scent was launched in 2008

Vetiver Dance fragrance notes

Reviews of Vetiver Dance

BLUF: Different from all other vetivers I've tried.

I know we all have our own take on what "powdery" means, but I perceived this as a powdery, white floral, clean take on vetiver. It doesn't smell at all like Dior's Privée Vétiver, but I feel like they are painted on similarly dry vetiver canvases.

The vetiver starts off in the background and seems to be of the grassy/green sort, and is joined by soft florals and sweetness (smells more like vanilla, but tonka is listed) and some hesperidic top notes. Some hours later, it takes on the more smoky/crunchy aspects that I associate with Java vetiver (the kind listed in the notes here), and at this point most of the "powder" and florals have died down considerably and it's primarily a woody/vetiver scent with a touch of dry aromatic herbs of which I cannot pinpoint.

Nice overall, not your typical take on the namesake note, but not compelled to pursue any further than my sample. Worth sampling for any vetiver fan, as I know of no analogs.
22nd February, 2017
Very pleasant fragrance. Reminds me of the smell in a newly decorated room with fresh paint and wallpaper. In that respect - the balsamic aspect - it's similar to Lorenzo Villoresi's vetiver. There is also a resemblance to Tauer's Carillon pour une Ange in the greenish quality allied to moss or undecavertol. Finally there's a suggestion of the green-violet freshness as in Grey Flannel. The official description doesn't confirm that, but bear in mind the stated ingredients are as often as not misleading.
29th November, 2016 (last edited: 11th December, 2016)
rbaker Show all reviews
A clearly vertiver-dominated opening blast, intertwined with a peppery sidekick. The vetiver as such is fairly clean and bright, with only minimal rawness and earthiness on my skin, but the pepper casts a dark shadow over it. Additionally, very much from her start herbaceous undertones are present, at times verging on light hay note.

The vetiver dominates throughout so far deep into the drydown, although a whiff of white florals gives is a softer edge.

The base goes through a fairly nonspecific woodsy stage initially, but then vanilla and a slightly crispier cistus note merge into a dyad that is quite unusual and more interesting than I expected. There is an overly synthetic ambery/ambergris component mixed in that is suffocated by the cistus/vanilla dyad - maybe that is not such a bad thing; the ambery note works better in the background on my skin. The vetiver still breaks through at times, but eventually the dyad rules, only interrupted at by a slightly sweeter version of the herbal aroma from the beginning.

The performance is very good, with moderate sillage, excellent projection and eleven hours of longevity on my skin.

As a vetiver, a clean vetiver with a spice note on top, it is a passable creation, but the shenanigans around the vetiver sound rather haphazard and synthetically chaotic, but they work surprisingly well in accord.

Overall, although rather synthetic, this is an interesting rendering of a vetiver scent. 3/5.
03rd May, 2016
Vetiver Dance is a sweet/citrusy fragrance. I don't know if it's me but I smell the vetiver in the background here. The lily of the valley and citruses are more dominant in this fragrance. It is very strong and projects very well. Just 3 sprays should be enough. I love vetiver based fragrances and this one is unique and wonderful.
13th February, 2015
Interesting mix of scents here. It starts off with great sillage. The greenness of the notes mixes well with the citrus, florals and spice. The tonka sweetens it. The vetiver is very grassy and is probably the closest I've smelled to actual grass, but the other notes add more freshness and depth. Once the wood enters the picture with the ambergris it gives an impression of the great outdoors. Very evocative and reminds me of grey skies in the summer. The sage leaves give some small similarity to Grey Flannel in the leafy aspect of the scent. The longevity (like Marocain) is very good. I like "grassy" and "leafy" scents so this is right up my alley, but there are probably those who won't get into it. Nonetheless Tauer is definitely an artist. Try before you buy.
22nd November, 2014
This one reminded me of summers visiting relatives in India. The talcum powder that the men put on to combat the heat that was oppressive even at the start of the day. Right away there was powdery clean with some floral in the mix, but not overdone and cloying (I rarely like floral).

In the mid the floral died away and the vetiver began to peak out underneath the powder bringing with it more earth...clean but with honest work outdoors underneath (freshly turned earth and trampled moss).

The dry down saw the powder almost die away on my skin and a crisp vetiver came to the fore with a hint of spice. This to me was a piece with three themes, each distinct and with its own merits and memories brought forth.
08th July, 2014

Add your review of Vetiver Dance

Shop for Vetiver Dance products online

Search Amazon for Vetiver Dance

Member images of Vetiver Dance

There are no member images of Vetiver Dance yet. Why not be the first?