Absolutely Irresistible (2008)

Based on 44 ratings

Absolutely Irresistible Fragrance notes

Rose, Jasmine, Red fruits, Pepper, Patchouli

Absolutely Irresistible information

Absolutely Irresistible is a women's fragrance by Givenchy. The scent was launched in 2008

Shop for Absolutely Irresistible products online

$78.60*
    75ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 46.99)

Reviews of Absolutely Irresistible

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.

blood-orange's avatar

Absolutely Irresistible is deliciously good.

This fragrance opens with a scent that can only be described as a big, zesty, juicy, realistic mandarin orange. I love, (I can't say that word enough), how Givenchy have created a fruity scent that is real and not synthetic. I am often quite disappointed with fruity scents produced these days, hence the reason why I don't own many.

One thing I've noticed with a lot of Givenchy fragrances is that they all dry down to a powdery-like, yet unique scent. The patchouli and the paprika notes, when added to the powdery florals in Absolutely Irresistible, create a spicy warmth that exudes sex appeal and mystery.

As one of my friends would put it, "this fragrance makes you want to eat the parts of your body where you've sprayed it". Although it's not a gourmand, it could very well be one.

I have to say however, that once Absolutely Irresistible settles on the skin it starts to smell very much like Deep Red by Hugo Boss. It'd actually be hard to tell them apart, especially since both have excellent sillage and superb lasting strength.

Overall, I find this fragrance to be very versatile. It can easily be sultry and dirty while still maintaining an element of class and femininity. Definitely a must-try.

04 June, 2011

Weimar27's avatar

Glamor in a bottle with fire, with one spray Absolutely Irresistible turns a drab
    gray winter's morning into a fiery spicy
    and sexy soiree that is out of the ordinary i truly admire this scent from
    top to bottom it's just beautiful.

Opens with sharp oranges that awaking your senses then lush red ripe berries
    adds to the sex and sin to this fragrance comes steeping though like a
    hot wind with the spicy top drydown of
    Pimento, As we enter the middle it becomes musky Heliotrope with it's milky
    almond scent opens the middle Jasmine
    is very prominent dominates the center
    not interrupting the spiciness of this.
    Amber dries beautifully without being
    cloying or oily and musk i do detect
    Musk that is missing in the scent cards
    Ceder has always been hard for me to
    pick up and this is no exception Patchouli like in 90% of scents is overshadowed by the more flamboyant
    players but in a quiet way it's make it's presence known in it's earthy
    graceness and ends with the Vanilla.

12 December, 2010

lady love's avatar

Argentina Argentina

As Sweet as Lou Lou by cacharel, but is not more irresistible like its predecessor, smells good anyway and is longlasting.

I like the red berries and paprika combination, but nothing can replace the rose notes

20th May, 2010

Keene's avatar

My experience with this perfume is very limited, but I would just like to share my initial impression of this perfume. I don't know about the sickly sweet smell of it that someone else mentioned ... in fact, when I smelled this my thoughts were that it had a muskier, spicier undertone, which I think is from the red pepper in the top note. It reminded me of a smell a woman would wear that would blend well with the scent of tabacco. (Is that a strange thing to think?)

I sprayed some on the collar of my jacket, and a day later, I can still smell it. Obviously, it is a very strong fragrance. Towards the end of it's life, it smells less floral. I can detect the amber and patchouli easily. However, I always attributed patchouli with a powdery smell, and there is very little powder to the dry notes.

While I liked this scent, I do agree with the people that say this is definitely NOT a workplace fragrance. It is strong and almost blocks out a person's ability to smell anything else when sprayed on the collar (as I did). However, I kept sniffing my jacket all day long today, and I have to say that after it had faded appropriately, it was a very enjoyable smell.

12 April, 2009

Ruqayya33's avatar

I fell in love with this fragrance after getting a delux sample from Sephora. I can definitely get rose, patchouli and red berry notes. I think the mix of berry and rose makes this scent much more appealing to those of us that want to avoid "old lady" rose pefumes. Lasting power is pretty good at 8+ hours.

08 December, 2008 (Last Edited: 23 July, 2009)

jalexhrovat's avatar

This fragrance was so darn overpowering, it almost made me sick! It smelled like a generic old woman's perfume. I definitely didn't find it very appealing for my wife to wear and is very, very, very floral.
    Lasts for freaking ever. Blah!

03 September, 2008

HIGHEST BID
    Absolutely Very Irresistible Givenchy Women EDP Spray 1.0 oz 30 ml NIB Sealed
    • Time Left: 27 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Absolutely Irresistible Givenchy Women Perfume 2.5 oz Eau de Parfum Spray un box
    • Time Left: 15 days