Givenchy Play (2008)

PerfumerEmilie Coppermann
PerfumerLucas Sieuzac
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Givenchy Play

Givenchy Play is a masculine fragrance by Givenchy. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Lucas Sieuzac and Emilie Coppermann

Reviews of Givenchy Play

Starts off unbearably sweet and peppery then patchouli joins in and sweetness dials down without disappearing and there is some freshness but with paradoxical pepper which keeps on getting up your nose.
Nothing playful about that. To be fair the offensive part dials down leaving you with a peppery sweet fresh fragrance which is not too bad. But what a journey to get there and not very masculine.
Similar but done much better is Dunhills Racing Green which is fresh without being sweet and slightly peppery. Good masculine daily wear and its one my wife came up to me and oooooo d at.

Fragrance: 2/5
Projection: 3/5
Longevity: 3/5
08th February, 2018
Great all day fragrance that doesn't offend the senses. Got my first sniff out of a magazine and had to buy the bottle...quite memorable
01st December, 2017
I started my serious frag. journey with this and soon moved beyond to play intense and soon enough dozens of others. Its light with lots of peppery citrus, sweet and very inoffensive. Like many modern frags, it doesn't make a significant statement, at all.

I give it a neutral even though I don't wear it anymore. I selected it from a large field of frag counter testers and took several learner steps with it. If you want a modern inoffensive peppery citrus and sweet frag it deserves a serious test. If you want more character, keep looking.
17th February, 2017 (last edited: 18th February, 2017)
"Generic seems to be the harshest word" in modern perfume reviewing... this one deserves that appellation in spades.

My main complaint isn't that it is not original - and it certainly smells the same as any number of modern designer efforts - but that it promises a lot more and doesn't deliver.

Coffee, vetiver, tobacco? All absent to my nose. The end result is that GP lacks any hint of a backbone to prop it up, none of those "stronger" ingredients that provide a worthwhile base. What I get instead is a kind of sub-Dolce & Gabbana PH, soapy, inoffensive, and throroughly without interest.

Semi-gourmand? It wishes.
14th May, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
Acidic orange citrus opening with pleasant hints of spice. The later stages are characterised by a synthetic-generic light flowery concoction topped of with some patchouli - the end is rather dull and inglorious. I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and five hours if longevity on my skin. Mediocre at best. 2/5
15th May, 2015
Bitter orange and grapefruit is beginning to be in more and more designer fragrances nowadays, well at least the ones I like. My only complaint with this fragrance is the projection but it does garner compliments.
02nd August, 2014

Add your review of Givenchy Play

Shop for Givenchy Play products online

Search Amazon for Givenchy Play

Member images of Givenchy Play

There are no member images of Givenchy Play yet. Why not be the first?