Givenchy Play Intense (2008)
by Givenchy

Givenchy Play Intense information

Year of Launch2008

HouseGivenchy
PerfumerEmilie Coppermann
PerfumerLucas Sieuzac
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Givenchy Play Intense

Givenchy Play Intense is a masculine fragrance by Givenchy. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Lucas Sieuzac and Emilie Coppermann

Givenchy Play Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of Givenchy Play Intense

I received two bottles as gifts from two different occasions. The bottle I'm reviewing is from 2008 if that makes a difference in formula.

To put it simply, I smell a very sweet rubbery note when first spraying. The sweet rubber note stays throughout the life of the fragrance, but later on think I'm picking up hints of tonka and vanilla. Those are the only notes I feel like I really smell and that's fine with me because this one is actually really good.

I usually get about 12-14 hours from 4 sprays and this one projects really well. I'd say the scent-radius is ~5 feet. Play Intense gets a definite thumbs up from me.
19th May, 2016
bigbz Show all reviews
If your into gourmand/semi gourmand scents...IMHO this is one of the best.(along with Valentino Uomo, Bond NY For All and the incredibly cheap-but great Choco musk) Also I definitely find it more masculine than the others I mentioned.(with the exception of the Bond perhaps because of it's strong "roasted" nut accord)

I've got a older bottle and while it does give me very good longevity, I don't get very good projection from it at all.(which is contrary to what some others say for the older formulation) Come to think of it, it might be down right poor after the first few hours. Unless someone was right next to you, I wouldn't think they would be able to get into your "scent bubble". Still, projection issues aside...the smell itself is terrific IMHO:)
15th January, 2016
HOW I SEE IT:

it is a cold winter morning (December-February) and you're on your way to work. The sun is shining without a single cloud in the sky. you've got your leather jacket on with your favorite sweet coffee from Starbucks (or whatever) in your hand as well as a nice vanilla scented cologne on that is just simply memorizing to the nostrils of others-as well as our own. That same refreshing love song or jazz song plays in your head over and over again and every time you hear your favorite note play, a piece of your heart melts and you just feel ready for the world and to take it on; you're feeling steady and happy! the feeling persist as you get into your beautiful car with the smell of your vanilla cologne mixing ever so perfectly with the new-car smell. That semi citrus and vanilla with a nice hot chocolate or sweet starbucks coffee in the mix. And in the midst of all this, you have the thought of "man...i feel so great and so amazing right now!'

this is one of those fragrances that will make you change the way you stand, walk, move your arms, the way you feel about a terrible day ahead, and just you overall mood. It makes me want to dress up nice and flashy as if I am a business man. Confidence and high class in a bottle!

this is no BS you can check my wordorbe (and I still havent updated all my fragrances yet). I have had this for years and I would pull this from the stack more than I would Le Male or Pure Malt.

longevity: I can smell faint hints of it after over 20 hours

projection: around 5-6 feet with an amazing scent train
08th December, 2015
Sweet/coffee/gourmondish scent, with a dark undertone, but very playful at the same time (no pun intended).

I really enjoy this fragrance, and i've been wearing it a lot lately . It reminds me of the middle part of CH Men, but a little bit darker and deeper.

it's a sweet fragrance, but not too sweet, so is perfect for any ocation in any season; although I agree it works better in cold climate.

Very pleased with this one.

13th September, 2015
Salutation.

A Modern scent in a Modern Bottle.GPI is Intense but Definitely not in a Heavy Way.I Really Suppose These notes making a Strong&Overpowering Smell but In my opinion it is far from the reality. Sweet,Snugly,Cocky,Warm, Oriental and Nice and Not Too Strong.

If i could describe All notes I would tell A Dominant freshness,the warm Hint of Coffe,The Elegance of Wood and The warm Emotion of Patchouli and Tonka Bean Which gives a feeling of Manhood and Confident.

GPI is more Modern while A*Men is more Bold and Suitable for Special Nights.Definitely is not for a Shy and Retiring Character.Ideal for AUTUMN and OFFICE use.I like the bottle design.Anyway A Pleasant Choice but not for a Great Taste!

Sillage?Good.

Longevity?Average on my skin like often GIVENCHY Fragrances!

6.5/10
24th May, 2015
Nice, sweet chocolate tobacco scent. The only issue is that its let down by having that big, chemical top note to it...just like 1 million and a host of newer scents. I can understand why they put the aquatic top note there (to prevent nose blindness) but it really didn't need it. Shame really but at least it prevents it from being cloying.

Ck one shock is EXACTLY the same fragrance minus the chemical top note - I would probably buy ck one shock if I had to choose.

Fans of rochas man, new Haarlem and a* drydown will love this one.
03rd March, 2015