Givenchy Play Intense (2008)
by Givenchy

Givenchy Play Intense information

Year of Launch2008

HouseGivenchy
PerfumerEmilie Coppermann
PerfumerLucas Sieuzac
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Givenchy Play Intense

Givenchy Play Intense is a masculine fragrance by Givenchy. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Lucas Sieuzac and Emilie Coppermann

Givenchy Play Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of Givenchy Play Intense

Salutation.

A Modern scent in a Modern Bottle.GPI is Intense but Definitely not in a Heavy Way.I Really Suppose These notes making a Strong&Overpowering Smell but In my opinion it is far from the reality. Sweet,Snugly,Cocky,Warm, Oriental and Nice and Not Too Strong.

If i could describe All notes I would tell A Dominant freshness,the warm Hint of Coffe,The Elegance of Wood and The warm Emotion of Patchouli and Tonka Bean Which gives a feeling of Manhood and Confident.

GPI is more Modern while A*Men is more Bold and Suitable for Special Nights.Definitely is not for a Shy and Retiring Character.Ideal for AUTUMN and OFFICE use.I like the bottle design.Anyway A Pleasant Choice but not for a Great Taste!

Sillage?Good.

Longevity?Average on my skin like often GIVENCHY Fragrances!

6.5/10
24th May, 2015
Nice, sweet chocolate tobacco scent. The only issue is that its let down by having that big, chemical top note to it...just like 1 million and a host of newer scents. I can understand why they put the aquatic top note there (to prevent nose blindness) but it really didn't need it. Shame really but at least it prevents it from being cloying.

Ck one shock is EXACTLY the same fragrance minus the chemical top note - I would probably buy ck one shock if I had to choose.

Fans of rochas man, new Haarlem and a* drydown will love this one.
03rd March, 2015
This scent lasts absolutely forever on me, as most scents do overall. It's been a full twelve hours and it's still projecting a bit, albeit only lightly now, probably due to the high level on synthetics. I still wouldn't call it a skin scent even twelve hours later but people need to get a bit closer to smell it. All in all this is very pleasant, probably too sweet for many people, but not particularly cloying. Although it's not listed in the notes I think I detect some almond in there too, like a biscotti. As a matter of fact this smells literally identical to the tea called "Amandine Rose" which is unfortunately discontinued, but it's a candied almond and rose black tea, the kind you'd call a "dessert" tea because of its natural sweetness, except the tea is a bit smoother and doesn't have those more jarring artificial tones to it that Play Intense has. Not much progression but the projection is just the way I like it--not too intense unless you choose to spray a lot. All in all, very nice, I would certainly wear this if I had it around, but I personally prefer more natural-smelling fragrances. There's just a bit of chemical shrillness to this one.
16th December, 2014
Fantastic juice! This stuff smells amazing and ladies absolutely love it. I have had people stop mid-sentence and say "You smell amazing!"
Its definitely worth a smell and can be gotten pretty cheaply online.
Projects great and lasts a good 8-12+ on me
Awesome stuff
19th April, 2014
Nice guys finish last.

I keep thinking of insipid praises for this: nice... pleasant... acceptable... I like it... It's sweet and low-testosterone but not necessarily feminine or castrated either. It's sexy in a nice-guy-who-cuddles-afterward sort of way. It's not angsty, therefore not juvenile (thank god). Young, mature, well-adjusted. This is that pleasant guy you intended to call back after that one night — but never got around to it. Oops. I hope he's doing well...

I didn't notice the progression of notes if there was any. I didn't care to. It's not that I was bored I just wasn't intrigued either. I just accepted the simple pleasure of it and continued with my day.

It has a balanced, engineered gourmand quality that isn't necessarily synthetic but not haute-cuisine either. Vanillic, sweet but not too sweet, individually wrapped creme-sandwich-cookie from a small japanese grocery, "cocoa" the character on the package smiles... It's light in a good way. It doesn't last long though: sprayed late-morning; gone late-afternoon (or did I just get used to it?).

I would totally wear this often if I had a bottle. I don't care enough to buy it but if I received it as a gift one day it would be appreciated as a really great gift.

Pros: light, pleasant, cuddly, no complaints
Cons: short-lived, unexciting

13th June, 2013
I have to give this a neutral because it lacks orginality. A nice fragrance though. Intial spray reminds me of Rochas Man or Michael Jordan Legend ( with just a bit more chocolate). I would not pay retail price for this but I would wear it. One to try!
02nd May, 2013

Add your review of Givenchy Play Intense

Shop for Givenchy Play Intense products online

Shop for Givenchy Play Intense at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Givenchy Play Intense

Member images of Givenchy Play Intense

There are no member images of Givenchy Play Intense yet. Why not be the first?