Givenchy Play Intense (2008)
    by Givenchy

Givenchy Play Intense Fragrance notes

Bergamot, Tangerine, Pink pepper, Vetiver, Tonka bean, Patchouli

Shop for Givenchy Play Intense products online

Reviews of Givenchy Play Intense

Showing 1 to 6 of 43 reviews.

And-Or's avatar
    And-Or

Nice guys finish last.

I keep thinking of insipid praises for this: nice... pleasant... acceptable... I like it... It's sweet and low-testosterone but not necessarily feminine or castrated either. It's sexy in a nice-guy-who-cuddles-afterward sort of way. It's not angsty, therefore not juvenile (thank god). Young, mature, well-adjusted. This is that pleasant guy you intended to call back after that one night — but never got around to it. Oops. I hope he's doing well...

I didn't notice the progression of notes if there was any. I didn't care to. It's not that I was bored I just wasn't intrigued either. I just accepted the simple pleasure of it and continued with my day.

It has a balanced, engineered gourmand quality that isn't necessarily synthetic but not haute-cuisine either. Vanillic, sweet but not too sweet, individually wrapped creme-sandwich-cookie from a small japanese grocery, "cocoa" the character on the package smiles... It's light in a good way. It doesn't last long though: sprayed late-morning; gone late-afternoon (or did I just get used to it?).

I would totally wear this often if I had a bottle. I don't care enough to buy it but if I received it as a gift one day it would be appreciated as a really great gift.

Pros: light, pleasant, cuddly, no complaints
    Cons: short-lived, unexciting

13 June, 2013

sjg3839's avatar
    sjg3839

I have to give this a neutral because it lacks orginality. A nice fragrance though. Intial spray reminds me of Rochas Man or Michael Jordan Legend ( with just a bit more chocolate). I would not pay retail price for this but I would wear it. One to try!

02 May, 2013

emandemon's avatar
    emandemon

The opening is so good. A strong, spicy and sweet citrus, it's golden. Then on my skin, it quickly goes into a sweet vanilla/chocolate scent, with a little bit of coffee in the background. To me, this cologne is definitely more unisex in the first few hours of its life, then it turns more masculine.

I haven't smelled Rochas Man, so I can't compare at all. But this is a delicious scent, my lady friend says it kinda smells like Axe Dark Temptations, but much more complex since PI is an actual perfume and not just a body spray.

I blind bought this, and am not disappointed at all.

Longevity and projection seem to be moderate on my skin, still decent.

27 April, 2013

Tony T's avatar
    Tony T

the lightest gourmand in mass projection. could also be classified as an oriental. the bergamot/pink pepper opening is not new but is definately nice and safe. the tonka bean/patchouli drydown is a bit submerged but still a hit. if you like orientals but think gourmands are too harsh this is for you. sillage is fine but projection as minimal.

23 April, 2013

lespritz's avatar
    lespritz

I was fortunate enough to get a 50ml of this on Kijiji for a mere $10.00(and it's not expired or anything). Um, I'm glad I only paid that much(I paid the full $88.00 for my 100ml bottle of the "normal" Play...which I like better). I like how this smells like the other one, but veers off to a more cocoa-ish smell. In no way does this scent last longer on your skin than the original one...I'd say it fades quicker. If you had a choice of which Play to buy though, I'd say strive for the Original one first, and forget the flankers. Thumbs up, due to me liking the scent for the little amount of $ I paid. :)

16 March, 2013

's avatar

Beautiful gourmand scent that definetely worth it.
    Despite not being unique, it's recommended because it smells great, the price aint high and has an average projection and lasting power.
    And yes, reminds a lot of Rochas Man.
    And yes, i find this balanced than the coffee that's in Bond's New Haarlem (and it costs 1/5 of its price).

17 November, 2012 (Last Edited: 06 March, 2013)

Add your review of Givenchy Play Intense