Bogart Citytower (2008)

Bogart Citytower information

Year of Launch2008

HouseJacques Bogart

About Bogart Citytower

Bogart Citytower is a masculine fragrance by Jacques Bogart. The scent was launched in 2008

Bogart Citytower fragrance notes

Reviews of Bogart Citytower

Bergamot, Incense, Pink Pepper.
Nutmeg, Geranium, Cardamom.
Agarwood, Labdanum, Musk, Leather.

When the need arises to revisit a fragrance and I find I like it more now than I did years ago in the review, it's only fitting ( and fair ) to change the review, in order to reflect your new found appreciation. Now, in my initial review, I gave City Tower a thumbs up. This time around, I find it more nuanced and contemporary than previously perceived.

For whatever reason, memory serves City Tower as being stronger than what I am presently wearing. I still experience the suggestion of Tonka, although it's not listed. However, 5 years ago it seemed more pronounced and I now concede that it must be the balsamic quality in the Cardamom rendition interacting with Nutmeg and Labdanum.

In the end, who cares what's giving me that impression. It happens to smell very good and side steps the generic-chemical label so common in fairly recent releases.

Upon initial application, I cannot say I get the typical Bergamot, but there is a subtle sweet in the mix I attribute to it. It's simply tuned too low to be heard over the Spicy Incense. The floral and spice interplay lend an interesting edge to an otherwise placid accord. It manages to puff it up a bit and give it some character.

On my skin at least, the spirit of City Tower lies in its heart. It's here where its strength resides and its here that its steadfast and unwavering personality greets you, not with a smile, but with a nod of acknowledgement. Yes, City Tower is linear and strong like the name suggests. Like a landmark that happens to catch your eye, it lets you know it's there. It's powerfully understated and won't get in your way. It lends enjoyment by simply being there to experience.

I don't experience transitions or shifts in the fragrance except to say that it morphs into a lower gear after 45 minutes or so. It's seamless enough to where I can never genuinely tell when it begins, but once I do take notice, I'll begin to smell that suggestion of Tonka I mentioned earlier. There's also very subtle hints of leatheriness to augment the balsamic accord that's still thriving.

Truth be told, Oud never comes to fruition on my skin when wearing City Tower. Whatever wood I perceive doesn't represent oud as I know it. It's rather indistinguishable, but completely appropriate and complimentary. The resin is also a nice accent.

Sillage is good with longevity approximately 4 hours on my skin, plus the same amount of time or longer as a skin scent. Thumbs up from SS for City Tower by Jacques Bogart. I should mention that this has weather versatility in spite of being substantial. As always, a sample wear is recommended before purchase if at all possible.
19th March, 2015
Bogart Citytower is a well appointed fresh oriental, candidly powdery but never "balmy affected", delicately spicy, sharp, minimally peppery incensey and finally woody in a talky chypre way. Spices and incense are in substance soft and mild, just for a while minimally resinous. The fresh cardamom is a key notes noticeable till the end. The mildness level is keen, really balanced, never beyond the acceptation limits. The final talkiness is pure soft windy delicacy and the synthetic vibe is quite under control. I see points in common with several far more expensive juices around, for instance from Tiziana Terenzi (partially with Ecstasy), Farmacia SS Annunziata (Takis for instance) or Piguet (Casbah, which is far more spicy, incensey, resinous and stormy). Citytower is anyway more than decent despite a cheap price and the "ordinary" implemented materials. Frankly I don't feel the floral accents while a initial wet hesperidic approach is undeniable. The dry down is really pleasant since you detect a really realistic leathery touch swirling over musks, powdery woods (a touch of synthetic "uncreamy" oud) and talky amber. A likeable fragrance finally even fresh and virile till the end.
13th September, 2014
Tony T Show all reviews
The drydown is a bit powdery and subtle..
All of the basenotes remain close to the skin while the top notes remain constant. The oud/musk basenotes are very subtle as mentioned but sillage is ok.. Not worthy but at least the price is in the same line as other Bogart offerings..
03rd February, 2014
A very pleasant, long lasting scent, that is very close to the skin.
Incense is the dominant note with some tobacco in the foreground. Oud is well back in the background and it is barely perceptible, but it does make a difference, without it it would be a completely different scent.
The drydown is musky, spicy and sweet, it has to have either Tonka Bean or Vanilla, although they are not mentioned in the pyramid, but you can not deny their presence, it is too sweet to attribute the sweetness just on musk.
It is completely different to any other Bogart I have tried, although I can see a little similarity with Bogart pour Homme.
I do like it and I think it easily deserves a thumbs up
21st April, 2013
I bought Bogart City Tower because I used Bogartís another product One Man Show. One Man Show is just fine but itís very common in our country. So I decided to blind buy this City Tower. Unfortunately City Tower disappointed me. I bought this at the double price of One Man Show. All I could smell was boozy and nutty. I suspect the bottle was not genuine. Firstly, the packet was not intact. Secondly, the bottle was cheaply printed. Finally, the popular Almas Super Shop, from where I bought this bottle, is not a dealer of Bogartís Colognes. One Man Show is way way better than the City Tower.
13th February, 2013
Very woody and nutty. A unique scent with a lot of character. Longevity moderate and so is sillage. Just about a thumbs up for me.
28th October, 2012 (last edited: 03rd April, 2013)

Add your review of Bogart Citytower

Shop for Bogart Citytower products online

Shop for Bogart Citytower at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Bogart Citytower

Member images of Bogart Citytower

There are no member images of Bogart Citytower yet. Why not be the first?