Cuoio (2008)
    by Odori

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 40 ratings

Cuoio Fragrance notes

Calabrian bergamot, Florida orange, Comores ylang ylang, Tuscany honey, Haitian vetiver, Chinese ginger, Oriental amber, Siberian birch, Indonesian patchouli

Cuoio information

Cuoio is a men's fragrance by Odori. The scent was launched in 2008

Shop for Cuoio products online

Reviews of Cuoio

Showing 1 to 6 of 10 reviews.
    positive 8 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Yourfoxiness's avatar

This is a fragrance that you dont know you want yet. I was lucky enough to run into a vial, and tragically spill most in my lap after writing a review, which i then promptly accidentally erased. So the last drops haunted me, and taunted me for weeks, untill i got my beauty in the mail. Ill start by saying the silliage on this juice is quite impressive. I threw the garment that got 1ml in the hamper for a week, and after a wash it was still lingering with a rich, resinous woodsiness. Cuoio opens rather bracing and masculine on me, with a touch of citrus peel, spice, woods and a little juniperish jolt. After 20-30 minuites it melts into my skin leaving a gorgeous, mellowed version of its woodsy opening. Very soft spices gentle ylang-ylang, and buttery, rich, and smooth leather stay with me the entire way. This is not a corset & boots leather scent, nor a harley & cheap whiskey scent. This juice makes me imagine im in an artisan shopping district, in a fox fur & gucci boots, catching gentle whiffs of tobacco, honey, and aged bourbon, near a fine leather goods store, gazing at beautiful gloves & handbags. But no actual "boozeyness" just a feeling of "posh". Cuoio takes a little space around you, just a tad, and i catch myself getting a whiff and everytime i think "god, i smell like a million bucks". Quite simply, this is worth every penny, the bottle is beautiful and unique, the scent quality and masterfully blended into a sensual unisex fragrance. Men could capture a womans heart in this fine fragrance, and confident, unique women who enjoy being provocative will find cuoio a joy. this is the unique leather fragrance ive been waiting for, and i will thoroughly enjoy my fb to the last drop. I look forward to sampling the rest of the offerings from odori.

23 June, 2012

drseid's avatar

No, for those of you who are desperate to find a replacement for the discontinued and beloved Cuiron in my mind Cuoio is not it. That said, this composition easily holds its own with most other leathers and is a superb release by Odori in its own right. The top notes feature a super-natural smelling orange and bergamot and are easily worth the price of admission in and of themselves. They then give way to a slightly sweet, soapy, and subtle leather heart with hints of ginger and even a bit of honey and patchouli. This is very much a skin scent, but it has great tenacity. I am a big fan of Cuoio for certain (although not a fan of its $210 price). My recommendation is if you can get your hands on Cuiron at any sane price, absolutely buy it, but if you can't then this is a great alternative (or buy them both if you have the means). 4 stars out of 5.

06 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 21st December, 2012)

Possumbility's avatar

This smells like very expensive soap. I like it, but I don't want it. Hardly seems worth the price.

15 January, 2012

Sunsetspawn's avatar

Despite my allergy to birch tar (which didn't act up too much with this), I still have to give a positive review. Cuoio isn't terribly "leathery," but it is a fine fragrance. It's sort of a leathery, soapy, fruity, smooth, fresh fragrance. The vetiver and patchouli stand their ground, so it never smells like x (I typically make mental comparisons to something when a fragrance has too much of either). It's very wearable, modern, and unisex, but it's never a "me too." Sometimes it resembles one of those fruit filled breakfast bars, and it occasionally bears a slight resemblance to that Angel Men Summer Sunessence (or whatever it's called)

Unfortunately, due to my allergy to birch tar I won't be able to get this, but I will absolutely be trying Odori's other offerings.

And another thing, this could make a good substitution for Helmut Lang's masterpiece.

17 September, 2011

alfarom's avatar

I've honestly been quite impressed by this composition. Cuoio gives its very own interpretation of leather cleverly taking the distance from monsters releases a-l Knize Ten / Cuir De Russe / Bandit. It hangs around a clear and almost soapy vibe throughout with citruses, leather and a barely-sweet tobacco with an outstandig result. Now that Helmut Lang's Cuiron has been discontinued I can't hink about a closer substitute. Amazing but be prepared for a challenging price-tag.

02 May, 2011 (Last Edited: 02 June, 2011)

Darvant's avatar

Woody, airy, soft, leather smelling, a bit medicinal and very, very sophisticated. My last expensive purchase, i saw it exposed in a show window in Rome, i told to my best friend "please, block me, prevent me to get in, please".... too late, five minutes later my patrimony counted 135 less and a 100 ml Cuoio Odori in addition. It's a pity for the weak longevity, this is in my opinion a great, great fragrance. Cuoio kinda man is a successful business mature fellow, leatherwares maniac, in brown clothed, very busy, daring, fascinatingly smiling and enveloped by a fresh breeze smelling about wet sweet woods, leather stores, moss, a touch of spirit and cleaning foam. Honey and ylang-ylang provide a touch of exotic soapiness, the note of patchouli infuses masculine earthy boldness, vetiver and siberian birch the woodsy balsamic (slightly resinous) temperament, the ingredient of ginger affords the spiciness and hints of barely prickly pungency, while the note of amber adds mild animalic powder. Whatta wonderful world!!

31st December, 2010 (Last Edited: 04 January, 2014)

Add your review of Cuoio

Search for on eBay United States

Odori Cuoio by Profumo Di Firenze 3.4oz EDT Spray Brand New In Box For Unisex
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 7 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Odori Cuoio Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml