Dior Homme Cologne (2007)
by Christian Dior

Dior Homme Cologne information

Year of Launch2007

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Dior Homme Cologne

Dior Homme Cologne is a masculine fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Demachy

Reviews of Dior Homme Cologne

I'm slightly in two minds about this, as I am about the whole the Dior Homme line. I am among the 25% or so who find the EDT too feminine by far. However, the iris and cocoa that I object to in the EDT are ramped up so dramatically in the Intense version that I find it a big improvement; and perhaps one of the easily available designer fragrances that also happens to be one of modern classics of male perfumery.

DHC seems to aim to provide a lighter experience, withdrawing some of the iris and prioritising the usual cologne accords with some musk to finish. It starts off therefore with a denuded iris component that is still too much for me, although it is more redolent of deodorant than it is of the interior of an old handbag. The later stages segue into very familiar cologne territory. It's a long wait, and I wouldn't say particularly worth it. The quality is clearly there, with good potency for an EDC. However, I don't get on the with iris, even in this reduced dose, and there are better things out there for better prices. My personal approach will be to buy DHI, at some point, for the purposes of nights out or similar; but I cannot imagine a set of circumstances that would lead me to cross paths with the EDC again.
14th August, 2016
Utterly boring, synthetic and sour. However, if you enjoy the smell of of bedsheets right out of the dryer you will adore this.
02nd May, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
Nice classic cologne

Citrus and bergamot - a classic core, witha light white musk in the drydown. A bit disappointing in it's lack of development but this is not unusual in a cologne. Good longevity of four hours.

21st September, 2013
This is really a very modern barbershop fragrance. This is how a man should smell like after being at his barbershop. Dior Homme Cologne is the MODERN cologne they should spray on you after your haircut. Now, the thing smells wonderful but does not last an hour. It should not be called Dior Homme Cologne but just Dior Cologne because that little word HOMME makes you expect the caracteristic iris of Dior Homme but it is not present in the fragrance. A good fragance anyway.

Pros: Modern
Cons: Doesn't last
22nd June, 2013 (last edited: 15th September, 2014)
I love the sharp woody iris when this goes on. It's very femme and brings back childhood memories of my mother putting on perfume. In the drydown, however, as it turns progressively more chocolatey, it loses its magic and becomes a rather trite scent. I like it. I just wish it was able to sustain the romantic elegance of the beginning through to the end.
28th February, 2013
Luckly i've found a bottle of this gorgeous scent. This is a lighter version of Dior Homme. Also it has less lasting power, but sillage and projection are okay. I guess the neroli note has given it a real freshness that makes this scent versatile for summer/spring. If you find this, just dont hesitate: BUY IT. Thumbs up!
10th January, 2013

Add your review of Dior Homme Cologne

Shop for Dior Homme Cologne products online

Shop for Dior Homme Cologne at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Dior Homme Cologne

Member images of Dior Homme Cologne

There are no member images of Dior Homme Cologne yet. Why not be the first?