Dior Homme Intense (2007)
by Christian Dior

Dior Homme Intense information

Year of Launch2007
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Dior Homme Intense

Dior Homme Intense is the third fragrances in the Homme series, following Dior Homme and Dior Homme Cologne. The fragrance was originally a limited edition, but is now part of the permanent line up.

The fragrance echoes the lavender, iris and vetiver found in the original fragrance, and increases the strength from Eau de Toilette to Eau de Parfum.

Dior describe the fragrance as:

The quintessence of prestige and sophistication in a generous and powerful Eau de Parfum. Intense Iris, enhanced by a sensual amber facet and precious wood base, exudes its powerful charm. A sensual interpretation with a fragrant trail that is an invitation.

Dior Homme Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of Dior Homme Intense

For many people, the smell of hot cocoa and vanilla is a cosy winter warmer - I imagine a soft comfy rug in front of an open wood fire with a steaming hot mug of cocoa and Christmas carols going on in the background. I just can't for the life of me understand why, but this fragrance just remidns me of Christmas! Could it be my childhood or too many winter films? I have no idea...

Whatever the case, the scent is the most absurd mix of notes! Spicy lavender (although short lived), iris (those who don't know the note refer to it often as the 'lipstick note'), gorgeous woods and delicate sweetness (i.e. vanilla). Somehow, when François Demachy waved his magic fragrane wand over this mix, arguably one of the most gorgeous scents in the world came about. Don't ask me why - a cacophony in music sometimes can be made to sound pleasant - maybe the same can be said for Dior Homme Intense?

I don't actually detect a cocoa note per se, but I think the effect the ambrette seed, iris and sweet/delicate woods mixed together make a cocoa-like effect. It's almost delicious enough to eat.

Foodies and those with a sweet tooth beware: Demachy will have you addicted to this scent in just a few sniffs. Please, make mine with two marshmallows.
05th February, 2016
Not a bad smell by any means. I get a little bit of lipstick, vanilla and powder. This lasts quite a while on me. I bought it based on the hype but was slightly disappointed, maybe I would have been more impressed it it wasn't so hyped.
27th November, 2015 (last edited: 08th December, 2015)
Considering that I was among those who did not like the original Dior Homme, I had little hope for Homme Intense. I am glad I did not hold myself back, however.

This is a very smooth leather, redolent of iris - the opening reminds me very much of Lutens' Iris Silver Mist. The harshness of the original Homme's leather notes, which put me off, are gone. This settles down to a smooth and very successful leather, subtle and sophisticated.

If anything I'd switch the names of these two, finding the original too "intense" for me and the flanker just right. Odd that Turin finds the scent of sweet, baked apples in Dior Intense. How different all our noses are.
19th November, 2015
Density, complexity with absolute smoothness. A masterpiece.
01st November, 2015
Sensational! This is one that people always ask about every time you wear it. I went out the other night and it made me the center of attention. It really is amazing how a fantastic cologne can change peoples' perceptions. So this one is a keeper. I just wish it were cheaper.
03rd August, 2015
I like this--I think.

Wearing DHI is like getting dolled up in your black-tie best and going to a red carpet function where you're immediately accosted by about 30 gorgeous women in heavy lipstick who jostle and push you headlong into the dessert table. When you extricate yourself, you're a bit breathless and disoriented from the experience--but you can't say it wasn't a good time.

To me, DHI is a total gourmand, and you have to like the initial iris and a rather waxy cocoa to enjoy it. It's also not going to win any awards for being uber-masculine. That said, on the whole I love vanilla scents, and DHI has rich, lovely vanilla that goes on seemingly forever (careful with the trigger finger here). The dry-down for me is rather linear, but that doesn't detract from the quality and immense presence of this scent. However, for what you pay for DHI, I've found myself wondering on more than one occasion if I wouldn't be better just sticking with Old Spice (still my barometer for any vanilla scent). My wife would probably agree.
18th July, 2015