Dior Homme Intense (2007)
by Christian Dior

Dior Homme Intense information

Year of Launch2007
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Dior Homme Intense

Dior Homme Intense is the third fragrances in the Homme series, following Dior Homme and Dior Homme Cologne. The fragrance was originally a limited edition, but is now part of the permanent line up.

The fragrance echoes the lavender, iris and vetiver found in the original fragrance, and increases the strength from Eau de Toilette to Eau de Parfum.

Dior describe the fragrance as:

The quintessence of prestige and sophistication in a generous and powerful Eau de Parfum. Intense Iris, enhanced by a sensual amber facet and precious wood base, exudes its powerful charm. A sensual interpretation with a fragrant trail that is an invitation.

Dior Homme Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of Dior Homme Intense

An absolute winner on longevity. The vanilla basenote stays on your skin for at least 24 hours and maybee more if it wasnt for the everyday shower... Getting a lot of great compliments on this one. Opening is as marvelous as for Eau for men or Dior for men.
20th November, 2016
a nice powdery scent

this one starts with the lipstick/make-up smell which is mostly attributed to the iris. the vanilla and woods later kick in providing a smooth and slightly delicious combination. the smell is very popular these days and gets me compliments. excellent performance.

8.4/10
10th November, 2016
A deliciously sweetened vanilla version of Dior Homme. It misses the cardamom I love in the opening of Dior Homme, but makes up for it with a long-lasting vanilla base. I go back and forth on whether I prefer the original or the intense flanker, but as of writing I think I prefer the chalky complexity of the original Dior Homme, although I appreciate the increased projection and longevity of Dior Homme Intense, and it's the only fragrance I have that regularly gets positive comments.
13th October, 2016
I had a very difficult time choosing between this and dior homme. .in the end I decided to go with intense as we are on the cusp of autumn (need a more wintery smell) and the performance seems twice as good although dior homme seems a little bit classier and complexed especially in the dry down that deserves a white shirt. Intense is obviously king of the department store, it sits on the shelf in another class altogether and waits for a gentleman to choose it through like me a long journey of fragrance trying and buying. I love the note of iris , dior blend this ingredient into male fragrances amazingly , I get a wonderful wax note that I first experienced in penhaligons sartorial and I also enjoy the woodsy leathery amber dry down. I don't see lipstick as most of the fragrance community describes ..I see iris and wax separately, admittedly I did feel at first a bit of granny's handbag but after a few wearing's I appreciate the notes and quality for what they are. Longivity is amazing and thanfully didn't really go away til I showered ..projection is good for the first 1hr and a half and then sits on the skin waiting for cuddles for the rest of the evening. Price is great also considering this is niche quality.

Update* I bought this also in the end lol and the parfum version
23rd September, 2016 (last edited: 11th October, 2016)
A heavier sweeter Dior Homme with much more amber and a lot less interest.

***
19th June, 2016
Was lucky to find 150 ml limited edition bottle for this fantastic juice. I've always loved this frag and do believe this is not for every men. Definitely a metro sexual personality is gonna admire this one. Reformulations have only improved the frag from the vintage version as the iris note has been toned down which makes it more masculine. As far as the performance goes, I have absolutely no issues. This juice is definitely potent so keep a watch on how much you spray. My recommendation, half spray behind each ear and half behind the neck or in front is more than enough to make this last.
Final rating for this 2014 reformulation;
Scent: 09/10
Longevity: 10/10
Silage:08/10
Versatility: 06/10
Value for money: 7/10

PS: Do not waste this gem applying on the wrists. Definitely to be worn dressed up as its not at all a casual scent.
24th May, 2016