Dior Homme Intense (2007)
by Christian Dior

Dior Homme Intense information

Year of Launch2007
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Dior Homme Intense

Dior Homme Intense is the third fragrances in the Homme series, following Dior Homme and Dior Homme Cologne. The fragrance was originally a limited edition, but is now part of the permanent line up.

The fragrance echoes the lavender, iris and vetiver found in the original fragrance, and increases the strength from Eau de Toilette to Eau de Parfum.

Dior describe the fragrance as:

The quintessence of prestige and sophistication in a generous and powerful Eau de Parfum. Intense Iris, enhanced by a sensual amber facet and precious wood base, exudes its powerful charm. A sensual interpretation with a fragrant trail that is an invitation.

Dior Homme Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of Dior Homme Intense

Just might be my favorite.

I didn't love this initially, but as many others have stated, this one can grow on you. It is interesting in a way that most designer fragrances are not.

Not one to judge on a test strip, or even in the first ten minutes after application. Once the iris settles down, it becomes a smooth, warm and sexy fragrance.

This is one of those gems that makes you keep smelling throughout, to see at what point in the journey you are at.

9.5/10
17th January, 2017
I bought this because it was one of the newer winners of a Base Notes award and it has a very low ratio of negative reviews.

While the scent did smell ok to me, it did not turn any heads while I wore it in Kerala, India and that disappointed me.
29th November, 2016
An absolute winner on longevity. The vanilla basenote stays on your skin for at least 24 hours and maybee more if it wasnt for the everyday shower... Getting a lot of great compliments on this one. Opening is as marvelous as for Eau for men or Dior for men.
20th November, 2016
a nice powdery scent

this one starts with the lipstick/make-up smell which is mostly attributed to the iris. the vanilla and woods later kick in providing a smooth and slightly delicious combination. the smell is very popular these days and gets me compliments. excellent performance.

8.4/10
10th November, 2016
A deliciously sweetened vanilla version of Dior Homme. It misses the cardamom I love in the opening of Dior Homme, but makes up for it with a long-lasting vanilla base. I go back and forth on whether I prefer the original or the intense flanker, but as of writing I think I prefer the chalky complexity of the original Dior Homme, although I appreciate the increased projection and longevity of Dior Homme Intense, and it's the only fragrance I have that regularly gets positive comments.
13th October, 2016
Once a year I'm lucky enough to go to my mother's house in the south of France, at the end of a wine fuelled night and a bit of stinky cheese we get out the pear brandy 'armagnac' ..when dior home intense first goes on the skin its almost identical to the smell of a good quality armagnac (especially 2016 formulation) ..immediately I'm reminded of indulgent good times and then the beautiful iris kicks in and eventually after a long process I'm left with a leathery vanilla iris and cedar..absolutely magical fragrance that I can't imagine myself without for the rest of my life. I do actually find dior homme a more leathery sophisticated scent with better complexity but I enjoy this equally for its cosy gourmand feel. The word intense in the fragrance industry has been thrown around an awful lot lately and some attempts have been pathetic ..dior homme intense is exactly that ..intense.
23rd September, 2016 (last edited: 02nd February, 2017)

Add your review of Dior Homme Intense