Dior Homme Intense (2007)
by Christian Dior

Dior Homme Intense information

Year of Launch2007
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Dior Homme Intense

Dior Homme Intense is the third fragrances in the Homme series, following Dior Homme and Dior Homme Cologne. The fragrance was originally a limited edition, but is now part of the permanent line up.

The fragrance echoes the lavender, iris and vetiver found in the original fragrance, and increases the strength from Eau de Toilette to Eau de Parfum.

Dior describe the fragrance as:

The quintessence of prestige and sophistication in a generous and powerful Eau de Parfum. Intense Iris, enhanced by a sensual amber facet and precious wood base, exudes its powerful charm. A sensual interpretation with a fragrant trail that is an invitation.

Dior Homme Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of Dior Homme Intense

Was lucky to find 150 ml limited edition bottle for this fantastic juice. I've always loved this frag and do believe this is not for every men. Definitely a metro sexual personality is gonna admire this one. Reformulations have only improved the frag from the vintage version as the iris note has been toned down which makes it more masculine. As far as the performance goes, I have absolutely no issues. This juice is definitely potent so keep a watch on how much you spray. My recommendation, half spray behind each ear and half behind the neck or in front is more than enough to make this last.
Final rating for this 2014 reformulation;
Scent: 09/10
Longevity: 10/10
Silage:08/10
Versatility: 06/10
Value for money: 7/10

PS: Do not waste this gem applying on the wrists. Definitely to be worn dressed up as its not at all a casual scent.
24th May, 2016
jumpfrog Show all reviews
Opening reminds me too much of a sterile hospital ward. Doesn't do it for me at all.
14th April, 2016
Drkube Show all reviews
The first time I tried this I was disgusted and wondered why any male would wear this. I gave it a second chance not too long ago and I actually started to like it. This is a fragrance that grows on you, so if you don't like it the first time, give it some time and try it again.

It opens up with a very strong crayon/lipstick note that lasts for about 45 minutes. It reminds me of something a woman would wear, but some men could definetely pull it off. After this, it starts to develop into this warm, soft, chocolately and vanilla combo which lasts pretty much forever.

It is no doubt a night-time fall/winter fragrance for special occasions. Not something I would wear casually. This thing has decent sillage but the longetivity is insane. Definitely one of the longest lasting fragrances I've ever tried.

Scent: 8/10
Sillage: Good
Longetivity: Excellent
08th February, 2016
For many people, the smell of hot cocoa and vanilla is a cosy winter warmer - I imagine a soft comfy rug in front of an open wood fire with a steaming hot mug of cocoa and Christmas carols going on in the background. I just can't for the life of me understand why, but this fragrance just remidns me of Christmas! Could it be my childhood or too many winter films? I have no idea...

Whatever the case, the scent is the most absurd mix of notes! Spicy lavender (although short lived), iris (those who don't know the note refer to it often as the 'lipstick note'), gorgeous woods and delicate sweetness (i.e. vanilla). Somehow, when François Demachy waved his magic fragrane wand over this mix, arguably one of the most gorgeous scents in the world came about. Don't ask me why - a cacophony in music sometimes can be made to sound pleasant - maybe the same can be said for Dior Homme Intense?

I don't actually detect a cocoa note per se, but I think the effect the ambrette seed, iris and sweet/delicate woods mixed together make a cocoa-like effect. It's almost delicious enough to eat.

Foodies and those with a sweet tooth beware: Demachy will have you addicted to this scent in just a few sniffs. Please, make mine with two marshmallows.
05th February, 2016
Not a bad smell by any means. I get a little bit of lipstick, vanilla and powder. This lasts quite a while on me. I bought it based on the hype but was slightly disappointed, maybe I would have been more impressed it it wasn't so hyped.
27th November, 2015 (last edited: 08th December, 2015)
Considering that I was among those who did not like the original Dior Homme, I had little hope for Homme Intense. I am glad I did not hold myself back, however.

This is a very smooth leather, redolent of iris - the opening reminds me very much of Lutens' Iris Silver Mist. The harshness of the original Homme's leather notes, which put me off, are gone. This settles down to a smooth and very successful leather, subtle and sophisticated.

If anything I'd switch the names of these two, finding the original too "intense" for me and the flanker just right. Odd that Turin finds the scent of sweet, baked apples in Dior Intense. How different all our noses are.
19th November, 2015