Kapsule Light (2008)

PerfumerMark Buxton
PackagingLutz Herrmann
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige

About Kapsule Light

Kapsule Light is a shared / unisex perfume by Lagerfeld. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mark Buxton. The bottle was designed by Lutz Herrmann

Kapsule Light fragrance notes

Reviews of Kapsule Light

A pleasant spice scent. Not sweet, not heavy.
Generic but acceptable. Don't get any bitter orange.
04th November, 2012
shamu1 Show all reviews
No, I don't like woody/citrus/spicy fragrances, and no I generally don't like light scents. And yes, this is both light and generic. And no, I've never tried layering this with the other Kapsule perfumes. Despite all this, I think this is a great scent.

Even if a perfume is generic in style, I can sometimes enjoy it if it's done well. Kapsule Light is one of the best blended woody spicy fragrances I've ever tried. Every note, every facet is handled with great care and with a light hand, so that all its various facets work together beautifully. The woody notes are perfectly balanced with clove and other spicy notes. Everything is rounded off with a soft, creamy but subtle base of tonka and musk, giving the whole scent a buffed out sweetness, but never weighing it down.

There are so many other fragrances just like this, but few if any are done as well as this. Big thumbs up!

MY RATING: 8.5/10
19th June, 2012
This actually smells like a cleaner, more washed-out version of Kouros Cologne Sport-- but much, much lighter. Probably too light for some people, however I like it.
15th December, 2011
Subtle or boring? Well, it's all a matter of personal values, I suppose. KAPSULE LIGHT, to me, is a subtle, slightly masculine-leaning cologne. The dominant cedarish quality is I gather imparted by iso-E-super? So I guess that what I loved about WOODY was not the iso-E-super, because here the spices are at the threshold of being undetectable. To my nose, the overall feeling is closer to Molecule 01 than to WOODY. Yes, LIGHT, as advertised, is light. This would be a fine scent for the modern wall-less open office. I am also sure that this would mix well with more intense perfumes, to mellow them out a bit. I am going to try mixing this one with some of the harder-hitting offerings from the house of Comme des Garçons...

Although the individual perfumes of this collection are not earthshatteringly brilliant, overall, I am happy with the KAPSULE collection. Great concept, splendid aesthetic execution on all fronts. Why even the silver-and-white-accented, textured black cardboard boxes are beautiful! Did I mention that Karl's signature is stamped (with raised lettering as in Braille) on the bottom of the bottles? The color of this bottle, by the way, is a lighter version of the tealish-smokey blue of the WOODY bottle. They look so sleek lined up together. Bravo, Karl!
14th November, 2011
In this originally compelling and then totally disapointing Kapsule series, this is the worst one out of three.

Completely, from top to the bottom, boring and presumable watery fresh scent with a faint citrus-floral accord. Weak and short lived, and an absolute waste of time not to mention money.
23rd March, 2011
This feels like M7 Fresh Light. I really get the agarwood/soapy musk. Clove is a dominant note as well but not as big as stuff in the Diptyque scents. A nice scent if you enjoy these aspects.
11th October, 2009

Add your review of Kapsule Light

Shop for Kapsule Light products online

Shop for Kapsule Light at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Kapsule Light

Member images of Kapsule Light

There are no member images of Kapsule Light yet. Why not be the first?