McGraw (2008)

Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Beauty

About McGraw

McGraw is a masculine fragrance by Tim McGraw. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of McGraw

This scent really surprised me. I didn't want to smell like a cowboy. My wife got it for me on Christmas, along with some McGraw shower gel. I really like it! This stuff has a lot of staying power and projects nicely. Don't spray too much or it can be overwhelming. One shot on the neck is usually enough. If you're going to be out and about put a second shot on one wrist and then put your wrists together.

The smell is very deep and masculine. Give it a try!
25th March, 2015
The scent to me is great for the price. I can smell the boozy notes, and nice woody note to. I like it but it doesn't project well after and hour and longevity is spotty, you can get 6 hours one day then under 4 the next. It's a great at home scent...that's it.
18th March, 2012
man114 Show all reviews
As generic as this stuff is I like it. It isn't like the typical Cool Water fare. Honestly I liked it from the moment I first smelled it, only because it didn't try to be the usual stuff, but somewhat different.

Up front to me this smells doughy. After that a bit of spice (nutmeg?), some lavender ends up slightly sweet and woody. I agree with The Cologneist on this, I think there is vanilla in here regardless of what is listed, it is probably to sweeten it up and prevent it from coming off as too dry and woody. Longevity is average, but I don't expect much from drugstore stuff. Sounthern Blend has a better drydown but has less projection and for me is a skin scent almost 10 minutes after I put it on and even on a hot day I don't get anything out of it. This will at least project if its getting hot. A tradeoff of sorts.

This is a good $10 buy though. Should be plenty of it floating around after the holidays in reduced gift sets if you're not willing to even spend that much.
26th October, 2011
Bigsly Show all reviews
Not bad at all, though I'm assuming you will get a bottle for around $5-$10 at a discount store. It's got a nice vanillic/pachouli/woody base. There is a somewhat musky lavender and mild spice before you get to the base, and that persists as well. It's not "synthetic" enough to be irritating, though the musky lavender may be too much for a lot of people. I need to be in the mood for it, and don't think of this as an "office scent." However, if you think of the base of Roadster and the middle notes of L'Instant Pour Homme EdT, then you will get an idea of McGraw. L'Instant is more gourmand/anisic whereas Roadster is herbal/minty, while McGraw is musky lavender/spice, so it's sort of like what you want on the side of your steak to me: baked potato, French fries, or onion rings? Granted, the French fries might be better than the onion rings, but there are times when you prefer onion rings. Longevity and projection ("sillage") are at least good, especially the longevity.
05th October, 2011
Boster Show all reviews
Phew.

The advertising says: "McGraw is a spicy woody fragrance with notes of bergamot, nutmeg, lavender, moss, amber, patchouli, sandalwood and aged whisky."

I sampled this at Kohl's where I sometimes stop by the fragrance booth to check out the more commercialized brands. On the blotter I got a fleeting hit of a more mature man's fragrance, almost like a discreet Azzaro pour Homme, rather than the typical cheap sporty stuff I usually find there. After spraying it on however, it quickly morphed into all of Cool Water's synthetics with nothing on top but some old banana peel and pepper. Maybe that's supposed to be the whiskey mentioned in the advert. It diminished quickly to a faint musty iris found at the bottom of an aunt's old leather handbag.

Just way too full of irritating synthetics for me. Maybe as soon as something gets market penetration, they reformulate to reduce any costly components. That is the only way I can understand the diversity of opinions here.
03rd April, 2011
No whiskey here, just a pack of Milk Duds with a slight cucumber smell to it.

Surprisingly, McGraw lasts and projects pretty decently.

Actually, it's not that bad, but not that good either.

24th March, 2011

Add your review of McGraw

Shop for McGraw products online

Shop for McGraw at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for McGraw

Member images of McGraw

There are no member images of McGraw yet. Why not be the first?