Private Collection Amber Ylang-Ylang (2008)
by Estée Lauder

Private Collection Amber Ylang-Ylang information

Year of Launch2008

HouseEstée Lauder
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Private Collection Amber Ylang-Ylang

Private Collection Amber Ylang-Ylang is a feminine perfume by Estée Lauder. The scent was launched in 2008

Private Collection Amber Ylang-Ylang fragrance notes

Reviews of Private Collection Amber Ylang-Ylang

rbaker Show all reviews
There is definitely ylang-ylang present from the top notes on, but it is quite restrained, quite elegant and not of the rich and creamy variety. This ylang-ylang is therefore more in the background throughout the drydown, and it is overshadowed by the other components of this creation. Most notably, the amber arises and forms a leitmotif throught the whole developemnt of the fragrance.

The next important note is a pleasant rose, lovely but again not very intensive. A pleasant cinnamon develops too, quite prominent and present until the end.

The base adds a strong, smooth slightly incense-laden and creamy vanilla, and by combining with the cinnamon and the amber to a warm, pleasant and gently sweet triad it creates added depth. The ylang-ylang is long gone by now.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and a superb longevity of thirteen hours on my skin.

A lovely and smooth winter composition, a bit predictable and times but not without nice features. 3.25/5.
15th May, 2017
I fell in love with this at once and I fell out of love equally soon.
It is a very pleasant fragrance: sweetish and comforting, like a blanket. Conventionally beautiful.
It used to be my comfort scent but I started craving equally comforting and more interesting stuff, like Myrrhe Ardente.
It is also absolutely non challenging and a bit flat and unidimensional.
I have resorted to use it as room spray and, sacrilegious as it may sound, I like it best that way. My flat now smells like a several million dollar mansion.
15th January, 2012
This is an amber fragrance, not a ylang-ylang perfume. It is not floral but gourmand. The amber here is of the vanilla bourbon variety--boozy and delicious, with strong notes of caramel. Maybe there's even a little toasted coconut here. A good dose of saltiness keeps it from going into gooey candy territory. Whether you like it will depend on what you wamt in the way of amber; it's not for people who seek labdanum, the resinous plant material that is ironically animalic. This amber refers to vanilla in all it's glory--sweet and dark. I would rate it higher if the salty note carried on longer.
02nd June, 2011
Velvety-smooth, sweet, salty, sensuous & elegant amber! l get a fleeting note of sharp bergamot in the opening, & a subtle, creamy floral note further in, but otherwise this is just a lovely & soft, very feminine amber all the way to the drydown of woody incense hours later. Like it's sister scent, Tuberose Gardenia, it's quality shines through, & it's quite possibly FBW after l finish my mini.
13th February, 2011
I love when fume love at first sniff happens! I had trouble with amber as a note initially, as neither Amber Extreme nor Ambre Sultan were anything close to right. I've learned, after persevering with this note, that my amber needs to be tempered with sweet. And in this case, the one that works best on me is the classic trio of amber, vanilla, and sandalwood.
My skin will pull amber to the forefront in anything, and this fume is no exception. Amber Ylang-Ylang actually begins less sweet, with the ylang perfectly softening and making it a little bit creamy, but never dominating it. I now understand the warm comfort that amber so famously provides, and I want to go crawl under the sheets but for the fantastic sillage. AYY eventually mellows into that beautiful trio.
In short, this perfume is like wrapping yourself in a lovely warm sweater on a brisk, sunny winter morning.
07th June, 2010
I found this to be a beautiful warm perfume - just like it's name- amber and ylang ylang - both notes seemed prominent and in accord, on my skin. Warm, sweet, deep, unisex, sexy ,delicious,sophisticated and long lasting. Just love the color of that juice too.
01st June, 2010

Add your review of Private Collection Amber Ylang-Ylang

Shop for Private Collection Amber Ylang-Ylang products online

Search Amazon for Private Collection Amber Ylang-Ylang

Member images of Private Collection Amber Ylang-Ylang

There are no member images of Private Collection Amber Ylang-Ylang yet. Why not be the first?