Private Collection - L'Ombre Fauve (2007)
by Parfumerie Generale

Private Collection - L'Ombre Fauve information

Year of Launch2007

HouseParfumerie Generale
PerfumerPierre Guillaume
Parent CompanyPierre Guillaume Diffusion

About Private Collection - L'Ombre Fauve

Private Collection - L'Ombre Fauve is a shared / unisex perfume by Parfumerie Generale. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Guillaume

Private Collection - L'Ombre Fauve fragrance notes

Reviews of Private Collection - L'Ombre Fauve

This scent was recommended to me in a thread about animalics, where I stated that one of my life goals is to find a fragrance that smells like the fur of my cat.

I find this scent doesn't literally capture what I was after, but it does so in spirit. First off, it's one of the first scents that really reads as seriously animalic to me, and I like it. It's not a dirty kind of animalic, but, like other reviewers have mentioned, it's intimate. The animalics remind me of my childhood somehow. I can't actively remember, but I feel like I must have been exposed to a few ladies who wore the big eighties powerhouses in my time. It gives me a pleasant sense of nostalgia.

Other than an animalic this is predominantly a vanilla scent to me. The vanilla is warm and deep, powdery and fuzzy, and it lingers on the skin for days.

I can go on about the notes, but let's not get bogged down in the details; this is first and foremost an emotional scent, which brings things back to my cat and his fur. One of life's greatest delights is burying my nose in his belly when he's sleeping with a conviction that seems exclusive to cats. This scent captures some of that bliss, wrapping me in a soft warm blanket of loveliness.

I don't particularly like vanilla scents, especially not in summer, but this is perfect.

07th July, 2017
This opens with a slightly vanilla warm musk. Almost Barbershop-like. After a bit, it has a vintage 40s-50s womens' amber animalic scent. Reminds me of a classic woman's fragrance from post-WW II. Fuzzy and powdery also describe this fragrance. Very well made. Unisex
21st June, 2017
The opening feels very familiar. Vintage, powdery, sexy amber. It made me think of red velvet on a beautiful woman. I instantly thought: I need a full bottle. Then, it became very different to anything I knew and I became lost. I hated it for 30 seconds, thinking: no way anyone's going to buy this. May be the animalic notes I'm not used to were too present. And then, I got the amber back and some very woody cocoa (directly from the tree). Longevity and sillage (which could have been too big for this one) are great! Verdict: full bottle is on it's way.
06th April, 2017
I've been wearing Mazzolari Lui all morning. I'm in the midst of the gorgeous drydown. I've lit up the Mullard's. Jesse Cook's Guitar Sessions is on the play. My Terrier has jumped on my lap, licks (kisses) the salt from my face. I dry my face on the down of his belly.
My Queen enters the room bends down, kisses the back of my neck. Hmmm Coromandel.
The guitar moves to a waltz. My hands, arms are drawn to her waist. Terry barks and barks with a "What about me?"
I awake next to the warm body of my girl. Terry is outside barking at the cheeky Squirrel.
All is right in my Caramel world.
All of the PG perfumes I have tasted thus far evoke colour, flavour and mood.
This one in particular.
23rd March, 2016
Oh,The Horror! I blind bought a bottle of this, as is often my stupid way, from the PG website in 2008. It arrived from France to the freezing Welsh mountains winter, shot through with sparks of ice crystals. Proof, I suppose of the huge amount of natural perfume that made up its parts, still, I didn't hold out much hope for it's recovery. But thawed out, it was instant love. Sweet, sweet, sexy patchouli and the vanillin of the pages of an old book. It was deep and real. I held on to the last few drops for a special time. When that time came,in 2015, by mad chance, I was given a new bottle on the same evening. I smelled my hair, my neck,then I smelled the new bottle. The beautiful real resinousness of proper patchouli and amber has waned, the vanilla is a cheap, chemical copy. Why? Why?! Cost, I'm sure. And perhaps the notion that nobody would notice. But I did. Side by side, there is no comparison to the L'ombre Fauve of just a few years ago. Shadow beast indeed.
04th February, 2016
ln the beginning this is a thick, non-sweet amber with a very vintage-style, slightly musty feel. The projection is impressive. l detect some patchouli in there which never overwhelms, & possibly some labdanum. Over the first hour the fragrance becomes woodier, & then later on it's more of a powdery, sweet amber with a decidedly animalic musk adding depth & interest. lt lasts well, only just beginning to fade after the eight hour mark.
This is a warm, furry, soft & fuzzy blanket of a fragrance, that feels deliciously cosy on a cold winter's day. lt's dirty, but more sensual than shocking, & l absolutely adore it.
31st March, 2015

Add your review of Private Collection - L'Ombre Fauve

Shop for Private Collection - L'Ombre Fauve products online

Search Amazon for Private Collection - L'Ombre Fauve

Member images of Private Collection - L'Ombre Fauve

There are no member images of Private Collection - L'Ombre Fauve yet. Why not be the first?