1969 Parfum de Révolte
by Histoires de Parfums

1969 Parfum de Révolte information

HouseHistoires de Parfums

About 1969 Parfum de Révolte

1969 Parfum de Révolte is a shared / unisex perfume by Histoires de Parfums.

1969 Parfum de Révolte fragrance notes

Reviews of 1969 Parfum de Révolte

Take a look at that pyramid . . . . It promises quite a story, doesn't it? From the ripe fruits of innocence, to the flowers your should wear in your hair if you're going to San Francisco, to (of course) headshop patchouli and coffee--it appears that the stages of this perfume should transport you through the latter half of 60s in the Haight, and perhaps beyond. It's a nice idea, actually, and no less preposterous than us Yanks creating scented soap with Marie Antoinette graphics on the wrapping. Unfortunately, it doesn't really work. The fruit smells like candy, the florals don't pop, and the patchouli isn't strong enough. None of the perfume's stages are distinct, so what you actually smell is a sweet candied peach on top of a castrated patchouli, which then vanishes at the four-hour mark--in other words, if memory serves, something not miles away from the latest incarnation of Miss Dior. A boutique-made almost designer knockoff that alludes to the past, present, and future of Haight Street (especially given its current retail environment and prices)? This would be a sort of hoot if it were the lastest release from Etat Libre d'Orange. But it's not.
20th June, 2016
I've been making my way through a Histoires de Parfums sampler set, and I have to admit that this is the one I was least excited about. I don't like fruity scents, and I'm generally resistant to gourmand-type notes. Plus the whole hippie association fails to pique my imagination, if I'm being honest.

But! The opening of this took my by surprise and I sort of fell in love with it. After much sniffing, I finally realized that it smells just like the raspberry coffee cake my grandmother used to make - not what I expected from a scent meant to evoke Haight-Ashbury. There's that big peach note, of course, but the raspberry and vanilla are also very present. I also get a little burst of coffee (which probably contributes to my scent-memory of that cake).

The drydown interested me less - still fruity, with vanilla and chocolate, and maybe a hint of rose. Perfectly pleasant, and not at all hippie-ish (I get barely a whiff of patchouli). A nice, light frag for spring/summer.

Lasted 5-ish hours on me, with moderate sillage.
13th May, 2016
1969 smells less to me like a cohesive fragrance and more like being in a room full of disparate smells which paint the scene. It comes off like a softened, feminized version of Animale Animale, softening the grave dirt heavy chocolate-vanilla-patchouli opening with a laughably garish peachy-fruity topping. As the spices emerge I think of Mexican horchata. This was a bit too much for me at first but I must say 1969 dries out nicely, allowing the more 'adult' aspects take control as the sweetness abates. There comes a point approaching the heart of the scent that an invisible threshold is crossed and the concoction is no longer edible, and this is what saved it for me. I would never wear this myself (other than testing and reminding) but I would recommend it to friends looking for a semi-gourmand because it is intelligent and trashy at once. You have to be able to poke fun at yourself to wear something like this.
01st February, 2016
Just received this...I know I have smelled this before!!??!. So, what is it? Etra by Etro. 1969 has a very sweet yet tangy musk to it. I really like this...some have mentioned this to be overtly sweet, I would disagree.

This is one of those fragrances that you need to give a few minutes to before judgment. At first spray, yes you'd detect sweetness, florals, however, that is in the very front. Once you allow the fragrance to settle, you get a drydown that is out of this world!! Men don't shy away due to the reviews read....this fragrance is not too sweet that a man could not wear. Quite unisex, in fact IMHO I think it smells really nice on me.
16th December, 2015
The perfume’s name refers to the sexual revolution occurring in San Francisco in the late 1960’s, of course, but by 1969 the once idyllic hippy kingdom that was Haight-Ashbury had already started to be corrupted by hard drugs, homelessness, and unsavory criminal elements. And in a way, 1969 Parfum de Revolte pays homage to this shift, by grafting an exuberantly sexy, brash fruit top onto a darkly spiced patchouli and musk base.

At first glance, 1969 is all about playtime. It opens with the biggest, trashiest peach note ever – as crude and as effective as a child’s painting of a peach, smeared with DayGlo pink and orange paint. Joined by a dizzying swirl of rose, chocolate, and vanilla, the peach vibrates and expands on the skin at an almost alarming rate until you feel like you are literally walking around in your own personal fantasy ice-cream sundae (one that features liberal helpings of vinyl and boiled sweets, that is). Like its close cousin, Tocade, I find it both vulgar and charming in equal measure.

Soon though, once the shock and awe of the fruit-vanilla assault dies down, darker, spicier elements enter the picture and quietly anchor the whole thing. The mid-section is a fruity rose and vanilla spiced with the green heat of cardamom pods and the woody warmth of coffee beans. The fruity, creamy roundness is still there, but it is given depth and presence by the resinous spice and woods. The base is a subtle musk and patchouli mixture, which, when mated with the vanilla, creates a creamy chocolate accord that brings it close in feel to Tom Ford’s wonderful Noir de Noir, a slightly darker chocolate-rose semi-gourmand.

I love 1969 Parfum de Revolte because it gives me both the low-rent pleasure of a Tocade-style plastic rose-vanilla and a darker, more adult finish that rescues the whole thing from tipping too far into the gourmand category. What’s more, when all analysis of this is folded up and put away, here’s what’s left – a loud, sexy catcall of a perfume that has just the right balance of fleshy vulgarity and wry sense of humor.
06th April, 2015
Peach, rose, and patchouli are notes I detected, so my nose is coming around.

I don't really like rose, so it's a neutral for me, but all sorts of posters in the male fragrance forum purport loving rose fragrances, so they should try this one, especially if they like peaches!
04th April, 2015

Add your review of 1969 Parfum de Révolte

Shop for 1969 Parfum de Révolte products online

Search Amazon for 1969 Parfum de Révolte

Member images of 1969 Parfum de Révolte

There are no member images of 1969 Parfum de Révolte yet. Why not be the first?