1969 Parfum de Révolte (2001)
by Histoires de Parfums

1969 Parfum de Révolte information

Year of Launch2001

HouseHistoires de Parfums

About 1969 Parfum de Révolte

1969 Parfum de Révolte is a shared / unisex perfume by Histoires de Parfums. The scent was launched in 2001

1969 Parfum de Révolte fragrance notes

Reviews of 1969 Parfum de Révolte

This is another one where I got a good deal on a travel size bottle so I went for it. By looking at the notes I thought I would love this fragrance because of all the gourmand notes listed, and I love gourmands. I just don't love this.

1969 opens up with peach with some other fruity notes which give way to some white florals. It is hard for me to wear white florals unless it is Carnal Flower but this ehhhhhh. Up comes a rather small dusting of patchouli which is good for this composition & the white chocolate & musk come aboard. I get no coffee from this.

Parfum de Revolte does not intrigue me nor my skin much for that matter as it sits rather flat with no real excitement. I am sure it will suit someone else just fine, but as for me it is just a average like yet a not for me fragrance. Quality ingredients, longevity around 6 hours, projection is ok.
25th March, 2018
iobhai Show all reviews
You're going all out for Valentine's Day. It's the evening, and she's just come home. You've been waiting for her and preparing, hanging clove buds to warm near the windows, covering every inch of the bedroom with roses, putting huge rose bouquets in vases all around, and when she finally comes in, she's floored. You grab her and she hugs you tight and you both laugh and.. as the tight hug loosens, you both hold each other for a moment. You begin to sense her natural musk and some white flowers here and there as you press your nose into her hair. After some time, you look at each other, and you both smile and share a kiss, thinking about how warm the night might turn out to be. The next morning, she wakes you up with coffee, and she falls in bed next to you with the box of chocolates you had gotten her the night before. By now, you've both gotten used to the roses overflowing everywhere, and you're left with a soft, subtly sweet, and ever so human moment, in love. 1969 by Histoires de Parfums.
25th February, 2018
Fruity opening, but not the usual super-sweet kind, more like freshly picked, still in the basket and uncut. Then it starts to smell like a peach tea when the florals kick in. That's the drydown and I feel like it's kinda feminine.

This might be to old-school to give to my wife, but I wouldn't mind smelling this on a lady.

I get excellent projection with very good longevity.

15th January, 2018
Delicious, over the top. Smells like how I'd imagine candy in a cartoon would smell like. It smells quite a bit like one of these small shops from my childhood that sold candy, soaps, teas, coffee, porcelain, coffee, etc.

I never got the impression that this was too feminine, I think it is perfectly unisex, however I still keep wondering if it isn't a bit "too much".

Very powerful stuff, 1 spray can be enough.
10th December, 2017
Reclining Woman with Green Stockings by Egon Schiele 1917

01st May, 2017
Take a look at that pyramid . . . . It promises quite a story, doesn't it? From the ripe fruits of innocence, to the flowers your should wear in your hair if you're going to San Francisco, to (of course) headshop patchouli and coffee--it appears that the stages of this perfume should transport you through the latter half of 60s in the Haight, and perhaps beyond. It's a nice idea, actually, and no less preposterous than us Yanks creating scented soap with Marie Antoinette graphics on the wrapping, or the bad French puns of Miller Harris' perfumes (at which Luca Turin so enjoys poking fun).

Unfortunately, the perfume only works like that in theory. In practice, the fruit smells like candy, the florals don't pop, and the patchouli isn't strong enough. None of the perfume's stages are distinct, so what you actually smell is a sweet candied peach on top of a castrated patchouli, which then vanishes at the four-hour mark--in other words, if memory serves, something not miles away from a recent incarnation of Miss Dior (the one before the current, strawberry-inflected, former Cherie). So, what we have in the bottle is essentially a niche designer knockoff, one that sort of alludes to the past, present, and future of Haight Street (especially given its current status as a giant retail extravaganza, boasting airport-inflated prices), and therefore perhaps an ironic commentary on hippie sellouts, or the commodification of counterculture ideals--which would be a sort of hoot if it were the lastest release from Etat Libre d'Orange and their sardonic humor. But it's not. And, everything 1969 tries to do, Angel--especially the Taste of Fragrance flankers--does better, louder, and considerably cheaper.

I wrote those first two paragraphs about nine months ago, give or take, and I didn't intend to revisit 1969PdR after that. In fact, I thought I had given away my sample. However, it's now early summer, and this perfumista's fancy has lightly turned to thoughts of fruitchouli--not my usual sort of jones, but the perfume muse sometimes leads us into curious places. I still get bubblegum patchouli when I smell this, but the patchouli strikes me as dirtier than the last time I smelled Parfum de Revolte, and I pick out an overall spiciness that I didn't notice the first time, as well as a rosy drydown that fits right in my personal wheelhouse. And, yes, there is a burst of chocolate in the opening. Overall, this perfume radiates a carefree warm-weather cheer, something to turn to on those days when I'm not feeling my usual summer go-to tropical florals and crisp greens. And the overripe peachy bit at the top comes across as a youthful relative of old-school fruity chypres, subtler than the bright neon peach one usually finds in this type of perfume--say, the last (but one) incarnation of Miss Dior, or Tauerville's Fruitchouli Flash.

So I now think that this reads as one of those clever perfumes that uses its details to sort of subvert a basically ditzy idea, and I'm always down with that. I still think Angel slays all the imitators that have come in its path, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood--it's like spending the day with a drag version of Seinfeld's Kramer.
And I'm impressed with HdP's business practices--they deduct your sample money from full-bottle purchases, and they offer smaller formats (15 milliliters!), a size I find especially useful for perfumes that satisfy occasional cravings, as I think this perfume will do for me. If it ends up in my collection, I won't be surprised, but I will be amused. Whatever--I've been wrong before, and I'm sure I will be again.
20th June, 2016 (last edited: 27th June, 2017)

Add your review of 1969 Parfum de Révolte

Shop for 1969 Parfum de Révolte products online

Search Amazon for 1969 Parfum de Révolte

Member images of 1969 Parfum de Révolte

There are no member images of 1969 Parfum de Révolte yet. Why not be the first?