1969 Parfum de Révolte
by Histoires de Parfums

1969 Parfum de Révolte information

HouseHistoires de Parfums

About 1969 Parfum de Révolte

1969 Parfum de Révolte is a shared / unisex perfume by Histoires de Parfums.

1969 Parfum de Révolte fragrance notes

Reviews of 1969 Parfum de Révolte

Fruity opening, but not the usual super-sweet kind, more like freshly picked, still in the basket and uncut. Then it starts to smell like a peach tea when the florals kick in. That's the drydown and I feel like it's kinda feminine.

This might be to old-school to give to my wife, but I wouldn't mind smelling this on a lady.

I get excellent projection with very good longevity.

15th January, 2018
Delicious, over the top. Smells like how I'd imagine candy in a cartoon would smell like. It smells quite a bit like one of these small shops from my childhood that sold candy, soaps, teas, coffee, porcelain, coffee, etc.

I never got the impression that this was too feminine, I think it is perfectly unisex, however I still keep wondering if it isn't a bit "too much".

Very powerful stuff, 1 spray can be enough.
10th December, 2017
Reclining Woman with Green Stockings by Egon Schiele 1917

01st May, 2017
Take a look at that pyramid . . . . It promises quite a story, doesn't it? From the ripe fruits of innocence, to the flowers your should wear in your hair if you're going to San Francisco, to (of course) headshop patchouli and coffee--it appears that the stages of this perfume should transport you through the latter half of 60s in the Haight, and perhaps beyond. It's a nice idea, actually, and no less preposterous than us Yanks creating scented soap with Marie Antoinette graphics on the wrapping, or the bad French puns of Miller Harris' perfumes (at which Luca Turin so enjoys poking fun).

Unfortunately, the perfume only works like that in theory. In practice, the fruit smells like candy, the florals don't pop, and the patchouli isn't strong enough. None of the perfume's stages are distinct, so what you actually smell is a sweet candied peach on top of a castrated patchouli, which then vanishes at the four-hour mark--in other words, if memory serves, something not miles away from a recent incarnation of Miss Dior (the one before the current, strawberry-inflected, former Cherie). So, what we have in the bottle is essentially a niche designer knockoff, one that sort of alludes to the past, present, and future of Haight Street (especially given its current status as a giant retail extravaganza, boasting airport-inflated prices), and therefore perhaps an ironic commentary on hippie sellouts, or the commodification of counterculture ideals--which would be a sort of hoot if it were the lastest release from Etat Libre d'Orange and their sardonic humor. But it's not. And, everything 1969 tries to do, Angel--especially the Taste of Fragrance flankers--does better, louder, and considerably cheaper.

I wrote those first two paragraphs about nine months ago, give or take, and I didn't intend to revisit 1969PdR after that. In fact, I thought I had given away my sample. However, it's now early summer, and this perfumista's fancy has lightly turned to thoughts of fruitchouli--not my usual sort of jones, but the perfume muse sometimes leads us into curious places. I still get bubblegum patchouli when I smell this, but the patchouli strikes me as dirtier than the last time I smelled Parfum de Revolte, and I pick out an overall spiciness that I didn't notice the first time, as well as a rosy drydown that fits right in my personal wheelhouse. And, yes, there is a burst of chocolate in the opening. Overall, this perfume radiates a carefree warm-weather cheer, something to turn to on those days when I'm not feeling my usual summer go-to tropical florals and crisp greens. And the overripe peachy bit at the top comes across as a youthful relative of old-school fruity chypres, subtler than the bright neon peach one usually finds in this type of perfume--say, the last (but one) incarnation of Miss Dior, or Tauerville's Fruitchouli Flash.

So I now think that this reads as one of those clever perfumes that uses its details to sort of subvert a basically ditzy idea, and I'm always down with that. I still think Angel slays all the imitators that have come in its path, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood--it's like spending the day with a drag version of Seinfeld's Kramer.
And I'm impressed with HdP's business practices--they deduct your sample money from full-bottle purchases, and they offer smaller formats (15 milliliters!), a size I find especially useful for perfumes that satisfy occasional cravings, as I think this perfume will do for me. If it ends up in my collection, I won't be surprised, but I will be amused. Whatever--I've been wrong before, and I'm sure I will be again.
20th June, 2016 (last edited: 27th June, 2017)
I've been making my way through a Histoires de Parfums sampler set, and I have to admit that this is the one I was least excited about. I don't like fruity scents, and I'm generally resistant to gourmand-type notes. Plus the whole hippie association fails to pique my imagination, if I'm being honest.

But! The opening of this took my by surprise and I sort of fell in love with it. After much sniffing, I finally realized that it smells just like the raspberry coffee cake my grandmother used to make - not what I expected from a scent meant to evoke Haight-Ashbury. There's that big peach note, of course, but the raspberry and vanilla are also very present. I also get a little burst of coffee (which probably contributes to my scent-memory of that cake).

The drydown interested me less - still fruity, with vanilla and chocolate, and maybe a hint of rose. Perfectly pleasant, and not at all hippie-ish (I get barely a whiff of patchouli). A nice, light frag for spring/summer.

Lasted 5-ish hours on me, with moderate sillage.
13th May, 2016
1969 smells less to me like a cohesive fragrance and more like being in a room full of disparate smells which paint the scene. It comes off like a softened, feminized version of Animale Animale, softening the grave dirt heavy chocolate-vanilla-patchouli opening with a laughably garish peachy-fruity topping. As the spices emerge I think of Mexican horchata. This was a bit too much for me at first but I must say 1969 dries out nicely, allowing the more 'adult' aspects take control as the sweetness abates. There comes a point approaching the heart of the scent that an invisible threshold is crossed and the concoction is no longer edible, and this is what saved it for me. I would never wear this myself (other than testing and reminding) but I would recommend it to friends looking for a semi-gourmand because it is intelligent and trashy at once. You have to be able to poke fun at yourself to wear something like this.
01st February, 2016

Add your review of 1969 Parfum de Révolte

Shop for 1969 Parfum de Révolte products online

Search Amazon for 1969 Parfum de Révolte

Member images of 1969 Parfum de Révolte

There are no member images of 1969 Parfum de Révolte yet. Why not be the first?