Ambre Topkapi / PB (2006)
by MDCI

Ambre Topkapi / PB information

Year of Launch2006

HouseMDCI
PerfumerPierre Bourdon

About Ambre Topkapi / PB

Ambre Topkapi / PB is a masculine fragrance by MDCI. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Bourdon

Reviews of Ambre Topkapi / PB

Not bad, but boring and not at all modern or worthy of the price. A stand out in the wrong direction for a house with so many works of art.
19th August, 2015
Big thumbs up for me. I sat on this a while before I started wearing it regularly. What I love about this scent is the way it smells. That's it. It doesn't last long and it doesn't have beast mode projection. It's fresh, sporty, classy and masculine. I'm a millionaire in my thirties, this is excellent in capturing that essence. It's a scent that's versatile. All seasons any occasion
08th August, 2015
This is an unemotional scent. Whereas the rest of the line has plenty of charm, this has none. It’s a vague, synthetic, generic-smelling ‘80s sweaty masculine with lavender and aquatic aspects (something fruit-like). It’s a touch boozy, a touch animal, a touch soapy, but for the most part, it smells like a bargain bin perfume or an outmoded body spray. There’s nothing amber about it; it’s just a sweaty, herbal, fruity, synthetic misstep in an otherwise fine line. Horrid.
08th June, 2015
Nice but subtle. At first I thought.. "WTF is this?" For one, there isn't much, if any amber. Two, it opens up extremely generic and almost cheap. Reminded me of something form the house of Playboy.. no joke. Though after several wearings, I start to get its charm, and although it isn't anything breakthrough, it's comforting, and signature scent material. For the price though.. not worth it.. not even worth 90% off. I would buy a bottle if it were 20 bucks, because that's what it's worth to me. Not that it smells cheap necessarily.. I have smelled, and bought tons of fragrances at 20 dollars that smelled far more expensive; and that's how I would feel about this one if it had a $20 tag.

Onto what it smells like. Upon initial spray, I get tons of lavender, blended with ginger, and some caraway.. this is the really generic smelling part, the opening. As it dries a little, it really reminds me of Burberry Weekend, only less floral, and more sweet and smooth, there's a certain accord or note there that they both share. The way Ambre Topkapi turns is almost uncanny based on its opening. I anticipated a boring musky dry down, and while there is musk, that isn't all I get. Raspberry really dominates the middle for me, along with floral notes, and little vanilla in the background, or it could even be the amber.. it's quite the subtle sweet and creamy note behind the already somewhat muted raspberry note, while also powdery. There's a slight metallic tinge to it. The base gets more mossy, musky, and woodsy.

To me, the star note here is probably the raspberry. Although it isn't the typical in your face raspberry, projection is subdued, and it isn't at all fruity. Maybe more like raspberries and cream, with wafts of flowers, and woods behind it. The more I sniff it, the harder it is to detect the dominating note, they all share center stage pretty equally. Except for the one note that should be here, and that's amber, because I barely smell amber at all.

Although the words may paint a picture of something special, it really isn't much. I also find this one very difficult to smell after the first 30 minutes, it stays very close to the skin, however when I walk by people, I notice they could smell it, and even on the second day of testing it, 6 hours into it, a family member asked what I was wearing. I could still smell it on myself at the 6 hour mark, but I really have to dig my nose in there deep to find it. All in all, it may last up to 10 hours on me, but again.. hard to detect.
16th June, 2014
This is the only disappointment in the otherwise exceptional MDCI line. Generally this style - a generic fragrance for fratty brodudes - would earn an automatic thumbs-down from me, but MDCI's commitment to good ingredients elevates what should be awful to something that is merely okay. Still, I don't see the point of this one.
22nd March, 2014
Extremely expensive and very average fragrance. I think what they were trying to accomplish was tailor this to more of a mainstream men's fragrance. There's some similarities to other men's fragrances in here, but for the price it just doesn't add up to being that extraordinary. As a matter of fact this is quite average in not only the quality, but the overall smell. If this was a $60 I would say that it would be a good value, but at more than 4 times as much for 60ml this is a complete waste of money.
13th March, 2014

Add your review of Ambre Topkapi / PB

Shop for Ambre Topkapi / PB products online

Shop for Ambre Topkapi / PB at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Ambre Topkapi / PB

Member images of Ambre Topkapi / PB

There are no member images of Ambre Topkapi / PB yet. Why not be the first?