1725 Casanova
by Histoires de Parfums

1725 Casanova information

HouseHistoires de Parfums

About 1725 Casanova

Venice, the riparian city of love. In that year of 1725 was born the man whose name would symbolize seduction : Giacomo Girolamo Casanova.
« What is love then? An illness to which man is prone to any age ».

1725 Casanova fragrance notes

Reviews of 1725 Casanova

1725 Casanova reminds me strongly of Boucheron Jaipur, with less spice. The lavender and overall fougere structure is minimal to my nose. I get a very straightforward sweet citrus/anise opening that morphs into a powdery amber/vanilla base with a somewhat syrupy almond undertone that reminds me a great deal of Jaipur's heliotrope note against its vanilla base.

It's smooth, and I suppose it's pleasant, but there's not much to add interest or depth, or keep my nose engaged.
11th April, 2018
Aromatic fougere with a pinch of licorice and star anise. Complex but discreet, great idea, excellent refinement.

Unfortunately, my skin eats this one almost completely after 2 - 3 hours. If I could add couple of hours more, I would use this as a work signature scent in tandem with Chanel pm.

Must try for fougere lovers.
22nd March, 2018
iobhai Show all reviews
You're seven years old. You're in a barber shop, and even though you have no hairs on your face, an old man lathers you up for a shave, and you all laugh as your white foam beard is scraped away. You're in your hippie aunt's car on your first trip to go hiking and naming trees, and as you're driving, the sunlight is dancing through the woods, warming the dried vanilla and lavender flowers hanging from her rear-view mirror. You're at home and you're being rebellious. You've accidentally discovered your mom's makeup products, and you're curious (but repelled) as you smell her foundation powder and those foam puffs she would use to dab it on her face. 1725 by Histoires de Parfums.
25th February, 2018
The citrus is good in 1725 but the other notes really drag this away from something I'd want to wear and be associated with. Smells dated in the opening, like old books. However, the drydown is nice. Clean and smooth, quite surprising after that opening.

The clean citrus makes me think this is best suited to warmer weather, daytime casual situations.

I get very good projection and longevity, lasts all workday.
15th January, 2018
Don't get the hype for this one. I was excited to receive my sample but was completely let down. It's not awful. Just really bland and boring. Light on projection and longevity. Not for me!!
29th November, 2017
I have a hard time rating 1725, because I don't hate it, but I don't really like it much either. After a common enough citrus opening a lavender, licorice and star anise accord builds up an interesting expectation, then it all falls apart into a vanilla and amber bomb. It goes too sweet for my tastes and the soft sandalwood and cedar in the base give a uncomfortable powdery tone to the heart. I like the almond note, but can't tolerate the powder feel I get from this. Chanel Egoiste has some of this same effect for me. It's not so much the scent as the "feel" of the fragrance. Like something you want to shrug off. I don't love it, but don't hate it. But sure I'm not going to wear this again.
03rd November, 2017

Add your review of 1725 Casanova

Shop for 1725 Casanova products online

Search Amazon for 1725 Casanova

Member images of 1725 Casanova

There are no member images of 1725 Casanova yet. Why not be the first?