1725 Casanova
by Histoires de Parfums

1725 Casanova information

HouseHistoires de Parfums

About 1725 Casanova

1725 Casanova is a masculine fragrance by Histoires de Parfums.

1725 Casanova fragrance notes

Reviews of 1725 Casanova

For me, this opens hard with the licorice, lavender, star anise and a touch of vanilla. Real hard.

Then bam! It goes powdery.

I don't get much citrus, bergamot, grapefruit, etc.

This is another scent that I appreciate for its unambiguous masculinity.

And, this is my first experience with 1725. I think I like it.
17th February, 2017
Nice sweet fragrance with a light citrus start blends well into the dry down of sweet vanilla, cedar and amber to my nose. This is more along the lines of a Winter, Spring and Fall juice. Not sure how it would perform in the really hot months of the Summer. I like it but find it similar to Opium Pour Homme EDT in some respects and to Armand Basi In Blue. Also, this does have the "perfumy" essence that I do not like. For the price I would sample before you buy (like myself). Enjoy!
24th January, 2017
I bought this by mistake, and while it's nowhere near as interesting as the Histoires I wanted (1740) or the one I already have (1899), it's not bad.
It opens with a delicious citrus and bergamot, then pouf of powder that sticks around for awhile. The bergamot/citrus are nice, but they struggle under the powdery notes. Lavender is also understated but clear.
I get a friendly, soft drydown of vanilla and sandalwood, hints of amber. My favorite part of the drydown is the suggestion of almond: it comes and goes, and is the saving grace that makes this composition interesting to me.
Even still, I'm getting a bottle of 1740. The Marquis de Sade is calling my name.
29th December, 2016
Being number 7 in a series of 16 reviews on critically acclaimed and noteworthy scents.

1725C opens up like a dog's breakfast of sweetness and powder. Thankfully, it doesn't take long until, like a group of children brought to order by the school bell, the notes line up in proper order and start playing nicely.

Once they do, there is a seamless collection of woods evident accompanied by amber, vanilla, and especially lavender. The citrus departs quickly for me and I don't pick up any hint of anise... but it's not exactly missed. It's comforting, smooth, certainly inoffensive. To me it is redolent of older Guerlains, as well as the more affordable Tom Fords, particularly Noir in EDT and EDP form. Compared to Tom Ford's Noir EDT, though, which I have a bottle of, 1725C is superior in its ability to fill in the edges with its aromatic adornments. Like Noir, it doesn't leave much to the imagination, but there is more going on and in a more integrated, pleasing way. I can therefore echo the suggestions of other reviewers by saying that, if you find the Guerlain label too establishment, and Tom Ford too noughties, this could be a great option.

The Funwithfrags family were consistent and voluble in their admiration of this fragrance. I'm with them. If you're an admirer of the kinds of things I've mentioned above, this should be a must-try. And the prices are not outrageous either. This is a possible future purchase for me.
14th September, 2016
1725 has a bright and brisk citrus opening. It is hard to pick out individually the bergamot or the grapefruit; all are well-blended. This citrusy phase is fleeting. Soon the lavender note presents itself as the composition settles on skin. The lavender is of very good quality and is supported by star anise and licorice. It may have a vague barbershop shop vibe, if any at all. The lavender, backed by the citrus, lends a hint of freshness to the composition. The vanilla note comes out much later, well into the heart phase. This is also where the sweetness develops, but that is quite measured. I am sometimes reminded of Caron pour un Homme. But for some reason the Caron comes off as a much more sparkling composition. I do not find the base powdery; rather it is soft, and somewhat dignified.

Unfortunately this fragrance is just a solid composition, but lacks any spark. It is not dull, but not remotely enchanting either. I much prefer 1899 or 1740 among the masculines from this house. Projection and longevity were average.
11th May, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is a fresh blend of lemon, grapefruit and bergamot, followed by a lavender-centred drydown. Then a vanilla emerges that appears a bit too generic on my skin. The base changes into a wood-based impression, mainly consisting of sandalwood and cedar, again a tad dull.

On my skin the performance is not great; sillage and projection are moderate and longevity five hours. 2.5/5
09th April, 2015

Add your review of 1725 Casanova

Shop for 1725 Casanova products online

Search Amazon for 1725 Casanova

Member images of 1725 Casanova

There are no member images of 1725 Casanova yet. Why not be the first?