Noir Patchouli
by Histoires de Parfums

Noir Patchouli information

HouseHistoires de Parfums

About Noir Patchouli

Noir Patchouli is a shared / unisex perfume by Histoires de Parfums.

Noir Patchouli fragrance notes

Reviews of Noir Patchouli

Ok. I am the first thumbs down? Really? Ok. I get lipstick and a slightly stinky powdery note. Turns into a rather floral scent. I get a soapy vibe about an hour in. This is in no way a unisex fragrance. IMO this is a women's fragrance from start to finish. I swear my grandmother wore something that smelled like this. Be warned.... Try before you buy.
31st January, 2017
Upon first spritz, just for a moment or two, I thought "wait... is this mislabeled?!"
Until.... there's the patchouli. And a dirty patchouli it is. Not unlike the smell of opening a fresh bag of potting soil: love it. It walks a strange line of grandma-ness, and in fact, my maternal grandmother wore something that this really resembles.
There's the hint of almost-lemony coriander alright, but the combination of notes forms something almost peachlike, slightly fruity, a little bit floral.
As it dries, I like it more, with the fruitiness mellowing out, and the patchouli and leather taking a humble center stage. By the long drydown, theres a spiciness alongside the sweet, dirty vanilla, patchouli, and leather.
This one relies on suggestions: the patchouli is undoubtedly the star across the board, but the rest of the time, the accompanying notes
transition seamlessly.
I would agree with this being unisex, but I find it starts out slightly more feminine, and becomes less so by the drydown.
29th December, 2016
Patchouli displayed alongside different companions. It gives of a dusty, aged, feeling and especially so in the opening. Reminiscent of vintage bottles you can find stuffed away at your elders' place. Fun to experience the progression from coriander spicyness into carnal rose into a really musky ending, with pathcouli as your guide. Slightly skanky.

The dry down is my favorite part of this, and it lasts surprisingly long. I can still smell it on my skin 10 hours after application. To me this could do without the skanky vibe, but it's still one of the most interesting and qualitative patchouli scents I've experienced.
16th October, 2016 (last edited: 17th October, 2016)
I am not enamoured with patchouli, musk, leather and particularly not with vanilla. Thus, I approached this scent with trepidation.
It is not bad. Very 60's vibe. Rather sweet and rich. Patchouli in all three phases -- minty, tangy, earthy. Has the potential to be a bomb if over-applied. Not my style, but if you like patchouli then it is worth checking out.
12th August, 2016
Oh, finely done. This scent is ripped straight from the ideology of the late 60's into the early 70's. The kids that opposed the U.S. going to war were fighting back with everything - fashion, drugs, lifestyle, anything to oppose the norms which represented their parents' generation and what chaos they had created. Thus was born a more fierce and much less polite form of fragrance - the patchouli leather power frag.
Noir Patchouli opens with an almost oppressively dank duo which immediately set up shop and dominate the first fifteen minutes, after which a gradual emergence of rose and white florals takes place in slow motion. Part Derby, Part Salvador Dali, this is all dark territory, bad attitude with great hair, and f&%# the Man, until the white floral aspects reach full bloom and voila! The restless teenagers have inadvertently become their parents, as a strikingly clean accord similar to the heart of scents like Balmain's beautiful Ivoire takes over, a well-mannered kid dressed in leather on a rebellious streak. What a fun ride.
01st February, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
Patchouli is evident throughout. A harsh, dark and bitter patchouli that is softened to some extent by cardamom and coriander spiciness. The drydown displays flowery and fruity characteristics, whilst the base takes on a musky smokiness with ambery leather notes in a traditional combination that has a certain resinous waxiness on my skin.

The middle notes are the least compelling part, but overall is is an excellent composition. I get moderate sillage with good projection and a splendid longevity of nine hours.
A good example of a patchouli-centred scent. 3.75/5
04th February, 2015

Add your review of Noir Patchouli

Shop for Noir Patchouli products online

Search Amazon for Noir Patchouli

Member images of Noir Patchouli

There are no member images of Noir Patchouli yet. Why not be the first?