Crystal Aoud
    by Montale

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 20 ratings

Crystal Aoud Fragrance notes

Melon, Green Apple, Sicilian Mandarin, Sandalwood, Teak, Patchouli, Vanilla, White Musk, Saffron

Crystal Aoud information

Crystal Aoud is a unisex fragrance by Montale.

Reviews of Crystal Aoud

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

alfarom's avatar

Crystal Aoud is based on the typical Montale's oud note (strong and medicinal), enriched by prominent melon and apple notes. The overall effect is of a sweet, persistent and pretty linear fruity oriental fragrance of average quality. In my opinion this is not a stand-out in the huge offering from this house, but I've to admit that the fruits / oud combo is somehow succesfull

16 June, 2011

PigeonMurderer's avatar

Finland Finland

So many times when I smell some fragrance it gives me an instant and unavoidable vision of some place or some specific thing that might feel a bit absurd even for me, yet somehow it feels very accurate even after many tests or wearing...

Crystal Aoud takes me to this cheerless room at the office building; There is wall-to-wall carpeting, the usual furniture’s and lots of different kind of equipment; computer and monitor, copying machine, printing machine….and then there is this middle aged officer worker woman in her jacket suit who is apparently wearing some overly sweet fruity perfume….a few sprays too much, that is.

Crystal Aoud is stunningly sweet, electrical and luminously fruity-floral-spicy hybrid. Aoud is very pronounced. It reminds me a lot of some other oud perfumes like Red Aoud (Montale) and Night Aoud (Micallef).

I like it, but not on myself. I find it utterly feminine and definitely more suitable for women.

One of those fragrances in which I advice *especially men* to be extremely cautious on the trigger.

03 February, 2009

bbBD's avatar

Notes (per LS): melon, green apple, mandarin, sandalwood, teak, aoud, patchouli, vanilla, white musk, saffron

Now that I'm about 20 different Aouds deep into this line, I've long since given up with extensive reviews of each. Only those that really catch my attention will command a review. I'll admit they do blend together when I recall them. On the skin, some oud/[insert accord here] combos work really well (White Aoud, Aoud Cuir d'Arabie, etc.) and some really don't (Aoud Lime, Aoud Ambre). Every person will have their own opinion and enjoy some while hating others.

I find Crystal Aoud to be one of the ones that work, and it works well. I wouldn't have thought the combo of melon/apple and oud would work, but the sweetness of the fruit perfectly balances the medicinal quality of the oud and at times the accord melds into one big sweet/bitter note that is very unique.. As foetidus notes, the oud lasts longer and is more pervasive then others in the line, but again - this works well and the particularly distinct melon and apple notes last along with the oud. Unlike some from this line, like White or Silver, the oud doesn't fade out at the base. Instead, it intensifies somewhat as the lighter fruit notes fade and oud is joined by patchouli and woody notes. The base is reminiscent of Black Aoud's but with the volume turned down.

One of the Aouds I'd really like to own.

27 January, 2009

valentinamaltese's avatar

The openig notes are fruity and mouthwatering, but then the fragrance develops in a clean, crisp smell, due to the medicinal note of agarwood and the sexy clean musk. It' wery sensuous, but in a subltle and elegant way Finally a fruity perfume that is not too girly, like Dewberry, o too solemn an ladylike, as Mitsouko.

01st October, 2008 (Last Edited: 02 October, 2008)

Crystal Aoud has a stronger aoud note than many Montale aouds, so, to my nose, the aoud dominates to the point that the other notes are marginalized. I get melon and apple, but they remain way in the background while the aoud retains complete control. The background reminds me a bit of Millésime Imperial. Combining Millesime Imperial with aoud, does create an impressive parentage… rather a royal fragrance, and, in spite of the dominant aoud presence, I do I enjoy this scent. I like the mildness of it, and the fruit in the background are beautifully poised and balanced, and they don’t go crazy on me, as fruity fragrances are sometimes apt to do. With aouds I’ve found that with continued exposure to a fragrance, the potency of the aoud diminishes to my nose. Chances are I will eventually love this, but not here and not now...

28 September, 2008

Add your review of Crystal Aoud

Search for on eBay United States

Montale Retail Sample~2ml/.07oz~Choose Your Sample From 10 Different Options !
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 9 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Montale Paris Crystal Aoud Unisex Perfume 3.3 / 3.4 oz / 100 ml EDP New In Box
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 19 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)