Mukhallat (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Mukhallat

Mukhallat is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Mukhallat fragrance notes

Reviews of Mukhallat

I'm a minority here. I love this!

Very aromatic. A gourmand, balsamic combo I've not quite smelled before. Almond juice. Greenish strawberry. Very strong, with two small sprays. Vanilla seems sheer.

A bubbly, middle eastern inspired concoction in the heart. Yet, it is oriental as well. At times it reminds me of a spiced vanilla candy, or maybe a taffy flavor, I've tasted in the past. Or perhaps, an incense I've used.

It brings smiles and happy memories from something and somewhere long ago, in my past. It's brash. Nostalgic. The balsamic infused vanilla lasts and lasts. I'd wear this for how it makes me feel. Creativity and "chemicals complaints" be damned. A decant of this is already on its way.
24th March, 2020
Montale Mukhallat is an interesting sweet/fruity blend with slightly floral and woody elements. Principally, it's a mix of almond, vanilla, and strawberry, with musk and balsam softly in the background. I'm not sure if the floral aspect is simply hallucinated by me but that's surely part of the vibe I get in concert with the mainly-sweet elements.

With Montale's signature performance, Mukhallat is almost cloying on my skin, sweet but bursting and feminine, not contained in a fun context that I'd usually enjoy, despite the note breakdown seemingly being something I'd usually like.

The vanilla isn't particularly front-and-center for me, as it mainly amplifies the particular type of sweetness that comes from the almond, and most prominently, the strawberry, which makes the fragrance so fruity as to make "fruity" its primary descriptor.

Mukhallat comes off a bit feminine on my skin, and with a slight tweak it might be one I like a lot, but instead is just slightly off for me, though it's not difficult to understand why some would love it. It's bold, fruity, sweet, and fun, but just quite my cup of tea.

Certainly one to be tried first prior to buying, as it's a notable departure from most of Montale's offering, even its popular sweet ones.

6 out of 10
08th February, 2017
Almost red the colour of the liquid, soapy (vaguely rubbery) the general texture, berrish-almondy-musky-chyprey (finally somewhat viney) the general olfactory aura, animalic (civet I suppose) the initial dissonant (vaguely fecal) "background" lingering behind a musky/berrish/liquorous top welcome. This Montale's experiment is basically a musky balmy alchemy with fruity-floral "implications". It seems to detect a subtle whiff of (not listed) tuberose surrounded by a standout almondy spicy muskiness (overall vaguely conjuring a far more gorgeous and natural Acampora Blu, anyway the effect is probably ostensible and illusory). It seems to detect exotic ylang-ylang in connection with fruity/floral notes and musk overall finally morphing towards a syrupy ambery-resinous dry down. Montale Mukhallat possesses a basic neutral-barbershop soapiness typical of many conceptually "arabian" exotic juices despite the structure slides finally towards a sort of candied-rubbery-"caramellous" territory which is (if not a structural collapse) a lack of articulation and texture endurance. The dry down is somewhat linear, oily-like and spicy-musky with a steady "red fruitiness from the forest". This (yet surely decent but un-temperamental) fragrance is not destined to "hang out" in my humble opinion.
P.S: Finally I have to say that fortunately the aroma tends to dry its "syrup" and to morph towards a lighter (almost powdery) "demure" soapiness.
04th February, 2015
Mukhallat is a sweet syrupy bomb on a resinous-ambery vanillic base, with perhaps something floral too – I detect something like ylang but I may be wrong. Creamy, milky, caramelised, sweet like jam, totally synthetic (but fruits have to be), somehow not that cloying as it may appear. I think that what makes it work is a darker and drier frame which "tones down" the overall fruity sweetness, a "diffused" note which is something halfway ambery, animalic, boozy, a bit sour. don't know what it may be due to (benzoin? The bitter-rooty side of almond?), but it manages to restrain the sweetness of basically all the other notes, and as I said, makes the scent "work" decently in terms of personality and depth. Don't get me wrong, anyway: this does not make it a masterpiece – only a bit more bearable than (most of) other sweet gourmands.

6,5/10
26th July, 2014
A thoroughly stewed offering from Montale wherein a bunch of synthetic sweeties are cooked to an unyielding, rubbery density which adds nothing to the experience. The kindest thing one can say about it is that it smells a bit like the perfumed erasers of my childhood – rubber exuding odours of chemical strawberry and banana. Sometimes poorly handled ylang has this kind of plasticated fruit whiff, but I rather suspect Mukhallat achieves its hideousness without the help of any naturals.
05th January, 2014
this is typical oriental combination of musk vanilla, with fruity character, the opening is harsh metalic, very metalic vibe, that comes from synthetics...but after 30 minutes it settles down into nice strawbery creamy scent, i go neutral becasue there are no other strawbery scents to compare it with :)
21st March, 2013

Add your review of Mukhallat

Shop for Mukhallat products online

Shop for Mukhallat at online perfumeries

Montale Mukhallat edp 100ml

Our Impression of Montale Perfume Spray By GenericPerfumesCom

End Date: Friday Apr-17-2020 3:58:56 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $19.99

Member images of Mukhallat

There are no member images of Mukhallat yet. Why not be the first?