Mukhallat
    by Montale

Reviews of Mukhallat

Showing 1 to 6 of 10 reviews.

gimmegreen's avatar
    gimmegreen
    Netherlands Netherlands

A thoroughly stewed offering from Montale wherein a bunch of synthetic sweeties are cooked to an unyielding, rubbery density which adds nothing to the experience. The kindest thing one can say about it is that it smells a bit like the perfumed erasers of my childhood rubber exuding odours of chemical strawberry and banana. Sometimes poorly handled ylang has this kind of plasticated fruit whiff, but I rather suspect Mukhallat achieves its hideousness without the help of any naturals.

05 January, 2014

iivanita's avatar
    iivanita
    Croatia Croatia

this is typical oriental combination of musk vanilla, with fruity character, the opening is harsh metalic, very metalic vibe, that comes from synthetics...but after 30 minutes it settles down into nice strawbery creamy scent, i go neutral becasue there are no other strawbery scents to compare it with :)

21st March, 2013

Bagfish's avatar
    Bagfish

The first three hours bring a rather medicinal, germoline sort of scent, it smells almost hospital-like. Underneath this medicinal smell, I can smell a sweet, rosy-almond scent, but it's only after about five hours that the medical scent disappears and a smooth, sweet semi-gourmand comes out. This is NOT worth the wait though, I have plenty of other scents that I would rather wear!

29 August, 2011

adele h's avatar
    adele h

this was an unholy mixture of POTL's Luctor et Emergo and Dior's Hypnotic Poison on my skin (both do not agree with my chemistry) plus syrup.. and it nearly required an exorcism to get it off my skin. It haunted me the next day after a bath! If you enjoy this super sweet almond confection the good news is that it has amazing longevity and sillage. I love many Montales but not this one!

23 January, 2011

Ekove's avatar
    Ekove
    Kuwait Kuwait

Montale's take on Pink Sugar. This probably would've been a best seller if Montale was more well known, but it is not (thankfully). There are countless better middle eastern type sweet orientals out there. Just go through the Serge Lutens line and you'll find something worthy of respect for sure. I must state that in my humble opinion that the reviews for this fragrance are misleading. This is a pleasant, very likable, easy to wear fragrance. As I said, it's the equivalent of pink sugar, definitely a compliment getter for a young girl. But it will make you sick if you don't enjoy sweet fragrance, and have a more sophisticated taste and higher expectations from montale.

This type of perfumes seems to be the direction many middle eastern houses are taking, creating potent Floral bombs, and synthetically sweet fragrances. Disappointed that montale jumped in the wagon with this one.

03 November, 2010

ubuandibeme's avatar
    ubuandibeme

Wishing that Mukhallat evoked the feelings & lovely memories expressed by jenson, I must (sadly) give this potent mixture a thumbs down... for my own associations, the strawberry/almond topnotes smell like a public restroom freshener commonly used in the midwest. Artificial smelling. I sprayed one very small squirt onto a tissue and left it on my kitchen countertop for about 6 hours. When I returned to re-sniff it, the sickly sweet berry smell had died down quite a bit and a more vanillic sweet almond was the dominant note. At this later stage Mukhallat seems tolerable, yet not what I want to wear. In the end, my thumb is neutral, as I seriously believe my cultural associations imparted a tainted viewpoint. If not for that, I would say others may enjoy this Montale...but not me, nope, not this one.

01st July, 2009