Red Vetyver

Red Vetyver information

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Red Vetyver

Red Vetyver is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Reviews of Red Vetyver

Finally got to try this one and, as expected, I have found the resemblance with Terrre d'Hermes from the first seconds. From the distance they appear to be undistinguishable, but up close I can sense how synthetic the Montale is when compared to Hermes.
In the opening there is a metallic note that fortunately doesn't hang for long. Besides that, orange and woods. Linear and good. Nearly as good as Hermes.
14th August, 2018
Somewhat resembles flowers at times. Like a floral-y green scent. The patchouli is sweetened. Has a balsamic, spicy, slightly powdery accord overall. Leans towards femme. I thoroughly enjoy this. I wish it lasted longer.
10th August, 2018
Red Vetyver

Love love.... Yes it is like another very popular Frag.
But I believe this is stronger and longer lasting.
An acquired taste.... Dirty citrus
Having this don't need the other.

10+ hours no problem there
13th February, 2018
Everybody keeps comparing this to Terre D'Hermes and many people say this one is even better because it lasts longer!
Based on these opinions I was going to blind buy Red Vetyver when I finished my Terre D'Hermes bottles.
BTW I have both EDT and Pure Parfum versions of Terre 'Hermes and love them both. It's my signature scent and every time that I don't know what to wear ... Terre D'Hermes is something that comes in my mind.
Anyway, a few weeks back one of my friends got Red Vetyver and I had a chance to test it out and see if whatever I've heard and read is true.

The opening of this fragrance is a sweet and juicy orange note mixed with some woods, some spices and maybe a lttle bit of vetiver.
The overall feeling of the scent remind me of Terre D'Hermes but dude, quality of Terre D'Hermes is something else and waaaaay better than this!
Terre D'Hermes is more aromatic and you can definitely smell black pepper and orange in it and they feel very realistic but this one is kind of synthetic!

As time passes by I can detect even more differences between these two. Red Vetyver in the drydown and base changes to a synthetic bitter woody slightly spicy kind of scent and this is where the quality of Terre D'Hermes shines even more!
Based on my experience with Red Vetyver now I know what I'm going to do when I'm finished my Terre D'Hermes bottles. I'll buy just another bottle!
There is no way that I buy Red Vetyver!
If I'm gonna buy a synthetic version of Terre D'Hermes I'll go for Rasasi brand that copies many famous fragrances with poor quality and very cheap prices. you can buy 100ml for around $15 and just like Red Vetyver it's is a synthetic and cheap version of Terre D'Hermes!
Projection and longevity is very good with Red Vetyver. moderate projection and around 6-7 hours longevity but personally I choose quality over longevity!
22nd June, 2015
The textbook combination of bergamot and vetiver with a cedar foundation. Pepper and citrus give it an elevated welcome, but it smells like an offshoot of Terre d’Hermes or one of the myriad TdH offshoots that exist. I’m sure it fills a hole in the Montale family line-up, but it’s doing nothing new. It’s doing nothing new perfectly well, though—which is sort of Montale’s whole approach to perfumery.
04th March, 2015
A more than decent spicy vetiver/patchouli accord exalting the woody-exotic and seasoned-spicy side of the precious main element (a woody vetiver). Neither groundbreaking nor bad di per se. I see too a certain resemblance with Terre d'Hermes of course but Red Vetyver is decidedly more "coloured", spicy, mild and silky-ambery. I detect of course the initial citric-peppery-herbal approach but the Montale's fragrance is immediately more vetiver centered and more "perfumed" (rich, sweetly spicy, resinous and rounded) while effectively the dry down is more properly woody-earthy (but still exotic and smooth, though in a slightly drier way). Anyway I still detect a level of denser silkiness providing a smoother -sweeter vibe. I still detect the black pepper in this phase (and a rooty patchouli balancing the spicy softeness). Anyway a fashinating and elegant simple aroma which appears unfortunately at the end slightly less natural and interesting.
P.S= I don't detect anything so abrasive or overly (I mean over the "usual" average) synthetic.
27th October, 2014 (last edited: 12th August, 2015)

Add your review of Red Vetyver