Red Vetyver
    by Montale

Average Rating: 4

Based on 144 ratings

Red Vetyver information

Red Vetyver is a unisex fragrance by Montale.

Shop for Red Vetyver products online

Reviews of Red Vetyver

Showing 1 to 6 of 33 reviews.

Colin Maillard's avatar

Cedar, Iso E Super, citrus, spices, a sweet base accord comprising patchouli, tonka, perhaps sandalwood. Terre d'Hermès? Yes, quite a bit. But also more "generic" mainstream oriental-woody scents like for example Carbone by Balmain. Not the slightest hint of vetiver except for a rubbery-pencil feel à la Encre Noire which I'm given to know someone still mistakes for vetiver. Not stinky, but derivative, dull and plain.

26 July, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woods

I'm afraid I can't get onto the Red Vetyver love train. This scent has gotten a lot of positive buzz on the Basenotes discussion boards, but after two full days' wearings I find it disappointingly thin, harsh, and hollow. It's as if there's some critical missing element between the sharp red pepper and the dry woody vetiver that leaves the structure barren, abrasive, and impoverished. Not one of my favorites from Montale, and not one of my favorite vetivers.

25 June, 2014

sjg3839's avatar

Terre D Hermes clone (not a bad thing at all). Light Vetiver, grapefruit, cedar and a bit of pepper makes Red Vetyver a nice clean fragrance. Great scent. A bit too pricey for a fragrance you could purchase for half the price by purchasing TDH. 8/10

13 January, 2014

djgordo1's avatar

Definitely on my top Favorite list

This is a beautiful earthy smell. I have to say it is very linear but it is not a bad thing. From beginning to end I enjoy this frag. The vetiver,grapefruit and wood are the core of this scent. I reminds me of nature, for example going camping and taking in that fresh smell of the woods in the morning. I will leave link to my full review on my youtube channel below if you all are interested.

Pros: keeps going and going
    Cons:

20th September, 2013

heiver's avatar

Best vetiver/spices fragrance

One of my favourite vetivers and favourite Montales. This fresh combination of spices and vetiver seems to appeal me a lot! I just purchased a full bottle from this beauty. This scent is really relaxing, and sets my mind to a relaxing, confident state. This smells like a hay of dried vetiver roots splashed with Grapefruit and Black Pepper. I smell Elemi, Patchouli, Cedarwood too, which adds to the complexity of the scent. These notes stay in the background, never overpowering the vetiver/spice notes. Great longevity and sillage.

On a sidenote: I have and use both Terre d'Hermes and Montale's Vetyver. I admit they are similar, but if you "listen", you can smell the differences. Honestly I can recommend both.

Pros: high quality, mature, great sillage and longevity, masculine, unique, refreshing
    Cons: nothing"

25 July, 2013

reveillee's avatar

I agree mostly with Postumo's assessment of Red Vetyver.
    "For me it's like a perfect blend of vetver + the best of Terre + the cool peppery effect of Poivre Samarcand. Longer lasting that both Hermes with a gentle and transparent sillage.
    For me it's a winner, you can't go wrong with it. Easy to wear and suitable for most situations and any weather."

To my nose, it is close to a masterpiece. Love it.
    A little more citrus and sweeter than Terre d'Hermes which used to be my favorite.

25 April, 2013

Add your review of Red Vetyver

Search for on eBay United States

Red Vetyver by Montale Eau De Parfum 3.3 oz Spray
    • Time Left:
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    MONTALE RED VETYVER EDP 100ML NEW IN BOX 85 SPECIES RANGE
    • Time Left: 24 days
    (Shipping from Azerbaijan)
    Montale Red Vetyver 20 ml, Travel size.
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 25 days
    (Shipping from Russian)
    Red Vetyver by Montale Eau De Parfum 1.7 oz Spray
    • Time Left: 18 days
    (* converted from GBP 79.99) Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)