Red Vetyver

Red Vetyver information

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Red Vetyver

Red Vetyver is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Reviews of Red Vetyver

Everybody keeps comparing this to Terre D'Hermes and many people say this one is even better because it lasts longer!
Based on these opinions I was going to blind buy Red Vetyver when I finished my Terre D'Hermes bottles.
BTW I have both EDT and Pure Parfum versions of Terre 'Hermes and love them both. It's my signature scent and every time that I don't know what to wear ... Terre D'Hermes is something that comes in my mind.
Anyway, a few weeks back one of my friends got Red Vetyver and I had a chance to test it out and see if whatever I've heard and read is true.

The opening of this fragrance is a sweet and juicy orange note mixed with some woods, some spices and maybe a lttle bit of vetiver.
The overall feeling of the scent remind me of Terre D'Hermes but dude, quality of Terre D'Hermes is something else and waaaaay better than this!
Terre D'Hermes is more aromatic and you can definitely smell black pepper and orange in it and they feel very realistic but this one is kind of synthetic!

As time passes by I can detect even more differences between these two. Red Vetyver in the drydown and base changes to a synthetic bitter woody slightly spicy kind of scent and this is where the quality of Terre D'Hermes shines even more!
Based on my experience with Red Vetyver now I know what I'm going to do when I'm finished my Terre D'Hermes bottles. I'll buy just another bottle!
There is no way that I buy Red Vetyver!
If I'm gonna buy a synthetic version of Terre D'Hermes I'll go for Rasasi brand that copies many famous fragrances with poor quality and very cheap prices. you can buy 100ml for around $15 and just like Red Vetyver it's is a synthetic and cheap version of Terre D'Hermes!
Projection and longevity is very good with Red Vetyver. moderate projection and around 6-7 hours longevity but personally I choose quality over longevity!
22nd June, 2015
The textbook combination of bergamot and vetiver with a cedar foundation. Pepper and citrus give it an elevated welcome, but it smells like an offshoot of Terre d’Hermes or one of the myriad TdH offshoots that exist. I’m sure it fills a hole in the Montale family line-up, but it’s doing nothing new. It’s doing nothing new perfectly well, though—which is sort of Montale’s whole approach to perfumery.
04th March, 2015
A more than decent spicy vetiver/patchouli accord exalting the woody-exotic and seasoned-spicy side of the precious main element (a woody vetiver). Neither groundbreaking nor bad. I see too a certain resemblance with Terre d'Hermes of course but Red Vetyver is decidedly more "coloured", spicy, mild and silky-ambery. I detect of course the initial citric-peppery-herbal approach but the Montale's fragrance is immediately more vetiver centered and more "perfumed" (rich, sweetly spicy, resinous and rounded) while effectively the dry down is more properly woody-earthy (but still exotic and smooth, though in a slightly drier way). Anyway I still detect a level of denser silkiness providing a smoother -sweeter vibe. I still detect the black pepper in this phase (and a rooty patchouli balancing the spicy softeness). Anyway a fashinating and elegant simple aroma which appears unfortunately at the end slightly less natural and interesting.
P.S= I don't detect anything so abrasive or overly (I mean over the "usual" average) synthetic.
27th October, 2014
megachemical blast... a cover version of Terre d' Hermes played by the Montale Band...but... who doesn't like a good cover, anyway???
26th September, 2014
Cedar, Iso E Super, citrus, spices, a sweet base accord comprising patchouli, tonka, perhaps sandalwood. Terre d'Hermès? Yes, quite a bit. But also more "generic" mainstream oriental-woody scents like for example Carbone by Balmain. Not the slightest hint of vetiver except for a rubbery-pencil feel à la Encre Noire which I'm given to know someone still mistakes for vetiver. Not stinky, but derivative, dull and plain.

26th July, 2014
Genre: Woods

I'm afraid I can't get onto the Red Vetyver love train. This scent has gotten a lot of positive buzz on the Basenotes discussion boards, but after two full days' wearings I find it disappointingly thin, harsh, and hollow. It's as if there's some critical missing element between the sharp red pepper and the dry woody vetiver that leaves the structure barren, abrasive, and impoverished. Not one of my favorites from Montale, and not one of my favorite vetivers.
25th June, 2014

Add your review of Red Vetyver

Shop for Red Vetyver products online

Shop for Red Vetyver at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Red Vetyver

Member images of Red Vetyver

There are no member images of Red Vetyver yet. Why not be the first?