Breath of God (2007)
by Gorilla Perfume [Lush] (originally by B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful)

Breath of God information

Parent CompanyLush

About Breath of God

This fragrance is a blend of B's Inhale and Exhale

Reviews of Breath of God

I find BOG similar to Sombre Negra, only with a tiny bit more depth as it has a bit of the rose come out in the dry down, whereas SN stays darker throughout. If you like a dark Vetiver, I think you will like this. As others have mentioned, the is a uniqueness about this to where some might think they smell mismatched notes, but I think it works well. My thumb is angling towards up.
10th January, 2018
I burned some sauce in a pan tonight and am having a hard time ridding the house of the burned smell...well, I think we all know it's not a good sign that it reminded me to write this review of Breath of God.

Reading these other reviews, I honestly wonder if there was something wrong with the sample I tried. The only notes I detected were campfire smoke and sickly sweet powder. No vetiver, no citrus, no pepper...just eyewateringly awful stench. And it could not be scrubbed off completely for all my effort. This one is a nasty lingerer.

I can't emphasize enough that this one is a try before you buy if ever there was one.
25th December, 2017
I find it friendly, freaky and weird. Eccentric as all get-out. Would wear it to a Renaissance Festival. You can't be serious! if you wear this, but fun you are, it says. On a California sunset beach BBQ, into a clean new cement mixer, throw lime and mint, cantaloupes and vodka. Serves fifty. That's what the scent says to me.
09th February, 2017
This is a volcano in some southern island. It begins with cedar wood and mineral smoke. Then the lemon appears and the dry down offers some powdery rose. It ends with lemon again and vetiver and smoke stay for long. I'm unsure about it. My mind says I don't like it, and I shouldn't wear it, it's too manly and smoky for a short young-girl-looking woman like me, but I find myself going back to it all the time...
Sillage is moderate, and it's probably how it should be.
17th January, 2017
Breath of God is much more of a simple fragrance than expected. It's versatile, well-performing, long lasting, quiet but detectable for the one who's wearing it. Thank god that it is NOT the purely-natural-hand-destilled-hippie-stuff Lush claims it to be: I for myself love it the most because of its (perverse) overdose of dry laundry-musks and quality synthie(?)-cedar. A modern, well-groomed, barbershop attitude. There's a strong melon note embedded and an overall ozonic, minty atmosphere - not to be compared with any generic acqua-EdT around; not even a bit. There's strong Ylang-Ylang and a purple Patchouli-earthiness that renders BoG somewhere in the smoky-banana spectrum, but again without any stickyness or creamyness. This is really edgy and charmingly unpolished but also a gentle, pleasing one. BoG is strong stuff. Nice to see the scent did not change during all these years! The black 30ml and the cheap-looking (medieval fair style) 50ml glass bottle are precisely the same perfume. Too bad it costs a fortune: 81 Euros for a small 50ml ... a Tauer is not THAT far away of this but surely a better choice.
08th March, 2016
Definitely not recommended as a blind buy. The reviews are correct that this is a divisive, complex, love-or-hate fragrance.

To date, this is possibly the most bombastic opening I have experienced. It is seriously strong upon first spray, with the often-cited 'smoky' quality overriding much else of what is contained beneath that very dominant note. I tested this on my wrist and could not get within 1-2 feet at first, feeling the same sensation as when your nostrils get too close to bonfire-smoke. However, once it levels off it is possible to detect the vetiver and woods within, though - to my nose - it still feels very muddled. It also feels "lived-in" and not in a good way, smelling rather like someone else is already wearing it. It doesn't smell of any discernable body odour, but nevertheless does carry a "second-hand" feel (perhaps a borrowed book or room carrying this scent with it).
It eventually levels off to a pleasantly floral, gentle potpourri skin scent, but it almost feels like these characteristics should have emerged earlier on, with the heavy vetiver-smoke being reigned in a little from the beginning. I'm not sure I detect the citrus notes that others seem to gather, but I'll admit I'm still "in training" when it comes to fragrances.

I would be cautious with the trigger on this. You only need around 2 sprays (and from 20-30 cm, I'd say), though it sits low on the skin after a few hours. Not a scent for the office, being better suited to anything outdoors.
24th January, 2016