Breath of God (2007)
by Gorilla Perfume [Lush] (originally by B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful)

Breath of God information

Parent CompanyLush

About Breath of God

This fragrance is a blend of B's Inhale and Exhale

Reviews of Breath of God

Hard to understand how a store such as LUSH can produce such a polarising scent: I've long said how off-putting LUSH is as a store for a man to visit. But in this day and age, this should be no excuse.

Breath of God really surprises. As a totally unisex scent, the scent opens with florals underpinned by a certain smokiness that is fruity-fresh and yet addictive. It is never over-powering, even with several sprays, and lasts well into the night or the next day.

The dry-down though is really sublime. Gentle, incense-like smoke, neroli, ylang-ylang, pepper and rose really do stick out. But the juice is blended together so well, it's hard to tell exactly what you are smelling at any one time.

The trail left behind is really something else and appeals to even the most conservative noses. I find it's one of few scents I would wear again in the same week (maybe even the same day).

I may never find out what God's breath smells like, but this one sure took mine away!
08th November, 2018
I find BOG similar to Sombre Negra, only with a tiny bit more depth as it has a bit of the rose come out in the dry down, whereas SN stays darker throughout. If you like a dark Vetiver, I think you will like this. As others have mentioned, the is a uniqueness about this to where some might think they smell mismatched notes, but I think it works well. My thumb is angling towards up.
10th January, 2018
I burned some sauce in a pan tonight and am having a hard time ridding the house of the burned smell...well, I think we all know it's not a good sign that it reminded me to write this review of Breath of God.

Reading these other reviews, I honestly wonder if there was something wrong with the sample I tried. The only notes I detected were campfire smoke and sickly sweet powder. No vetiver, no citrus, no pepper...just eyewateringly awful stench. And it could not be scrubbed off completely for all my effort. This one is a nasty lingerer.

I can't emphasize enough that this one is a try before you buy if ever there was one.
25th December, 2017
I find it friendly, freaky and weird. Eccentric as all get-out. Would wear it to a Renaissance Festival. You can't be serious! if you wear this, but fun you are, it says. On a California sunset beach BBQ, into a clean new cement mixer, throw lime and mint, cantaloupes and vodka. Serves fifty. That's what the scent says to me.
09th February, 2017
This is a volcano in some southern island. It begins with cedar wood and mineral smoke. Then the lemon appears and the dry down offers some powdery rose. It ends with lemon again and vetiver and smoke stay for long. I'm unsure about it. My mind says I don't like it, and I shouldn't wear it, it's too manly and smoky for a short young-girl-looking woman like me, but I find myself going back to it all the time...
Sillage is moderate, and it's probably how it should be.
17th January, 2017
Breath of God is much more of a simple fragrance than expected. It's versatile, well-performing, long lasting, quiet but detectable for the one who's wearing it. Thank god that it is NOT the purely-natural-hand-destilled-hippie-stuff Lush claims it to be: I for myself love it the most because of its (perverse) overdose of dry laundry-musks and quality synthie(?)-cedar. A modern, well-groomed, barbershop attitude. There's a strong melon note embedded and an overall ozonic, minty atmosphere - not to be compared with any generic acqua-EdT around; not even a bit. There's strong Ylang-Ylang and a purple Patchouli-earthiness that renders BoG somewhere in the smoky-banana spectrum, but again without any stickyness or creamyness. This is really edgy and charmingly unpolished but also a gentle, pleasing one. BoG is strong stuff. Nice to see the scent did not change during all these years! The black 30ml and the cheap-looking (medieval fair style) 50ml glass bottle are precisely the same perfume. Too bad it costs a fortune: 81 Euros for a small 50ml ... a Tauer is not THAT far away of this but surely a better choice.
08th March, 2016