Average Rating: 4

Based on 111 ratings

Breath of God Fragrance notes

Cedarwood, Rose, Ylang Ylang, Vetiver, Lemon, Grapefruit, Neroli, Black Pepper, Sandalwood, Cade

Breath of God information

This fragrance is a blend of B's Inhale and Exhale

Reviews of Breath of God

Showing 1 to 6 of 32 reviews.

DJChazzy's avatar

I have worn this quite a few times. Seems different every single time I wear it. I've had it go from smoky, incence, spicy to almost a bubblegum smell. Never had anything like it. I've noticed if I'm active it smells one way, if warm another, if cold even another. Sure not to get bored with this one. I have found when wearing I get the same co-workers asking, "What are you wearing?", like it is the first time they have smelled it. Rather funny when I tell them it's the same scent. I do get compliemnts either way and rather enjoy the way it changes.

26th January, 2015

canadhabsfan's avatar

Horrid. Urge to wash quickly.

26th December, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woody Oriental

Breath of God blends Lush’s previous scents, Exhale and Inhale, and since the two left contrary impressions, I was curious to experience the combination. Exhale is an austere blend of smoky leather, vetiver, and musk, in a style reminiscent of Chanel’s Sycomore or L’Artisan Parfumeur’s Dzongkha. I enjoy it enough to keep a bottle. Inhale is a sweet artificial fruit fragrance with chemical overtones that are more unpleasant than interesting. I find it at once crass and incomplete. Their unlikely alliance in Breath of God is touted as one of the oddest structures in contemporary fragrance, but as much as I enjoy the result, Inhale and Exhale together yield what seems to me a more conventional scent than either alone.

To wit, Inhale’s citrus and amber atop Exhale’s vetiver and woods amount to a sweet, resinous oriental fragrance with antecedents as far back as Shalimar and Habanita. It’s good, but nowhere as peculiar as either of it’s components. On the plus side, what smelled truncated and grating in Inhale finds needed support in Exhale’s base notes. The result is much more gratifying than Inhale alone, yet at the same time Breath of God lacks the dramatically gaunt profile and stark chiaroscuro that make Exhale so compelling. Forced to choose between these three offerings, I’d take Exhale, but as it’s no longer being offered I the US*, I’ll settle for endorsing Breath of God.

*Since this review was originally posted, Lush has seen fit to reissue Exhale in the US.

09th June, 2014

MFfan310's avatar

Ignore the fact that it's sold at Lush and costs only $30. This is another bargain-priced fragrance that can compete with far more expensive ones.

Breath of God is a fragrance of paradoxes: smoky yet fresh, dirty yet clean. It's hard to describe, but easy to wear. If there's a Lush store or counter near you, make a stop by to sniff it.

14th November, 2013

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

Hellish start but a heavenly ride

It's been a while since a fragrance intrigues me. With a name as audacious as Breath of God, it could only be an irreverent take on perfumery. I wasn't far off base as it turns out. The opening is tarry, dark and smoky, thanks in part to a good dose of cade - it's like standing next to a pit of boiling tar. But the next phase was unexpected - a petroleum vibe with floral slightly fruity nuances joining in the smoke. The smoke gradually recedes, the scent becoming an airier combination of sweet resins and creamy woods, and acquires a texture somewhat reminiscent of smooth well worn nubuck leather.

Was I impressed yet? You bet I was. And thankful too. This was a ride that started from hell but ended up in high heaven.

Pros: Intriguingly attractive
    Cons: Opening can be rough on beginners"

29th September, 2013

zztopp's avatar

Vetiver of Gods.

Notes:

Neroli, lemon, melon, jasmine, rose, vetivert, sandalwood, cedarwood, amber and musk.

I encountered "Breath of God" (BOG) at a Lush store at a local mall - the Lush store was located next to a Sephora store and bombarded by teen fashionistas but that didn't prevent me from venturing inside and getting my hands on this bottle of captivating dark vetiver juice.

BOG has interesting top notes - imagine the diesel fumes of Knize 10 mixed with citrus-melon notes cut and softened by floral notes with the volume of this combination of these supposedly "ghastly" notes turned all the way down so that the top notes accord comes off as breezy blast of driving through the Smoky Mountains 5 miles behind a tanker. There is a woody undercurrent of cedar which leads to a smooth, slightly rooty vetiver base which blossoms after sometime on skin. Imagine a more unique and better cultured version of Vetiver Extraordinaire. BOG might just make some believe that yes, there is a God.

27th July, 2013