Feu d'Orange Intense
    by L'Occitane

Average Rating: 4

Based on 14 ratings

Feu d'Orange Intense information

Feu d'Orange Intense is a unisex fragrance by L'Occitane.

Reviews of Feu d'Orange Intense

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

TropiRock's avatar

Once again, the masterminds at L'Occitane created a beautiful fragrance. This is one of my favorite orange scents, along with Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte. Between the two, I would say the Hermes orange note is a little sweeter, a little brighter. Feu d'Orange Intense is still a rather bright orange, sweetened just enough by a trace of vanilla. The drydown is mildly spicy, but I don't perceive much in the way of a woodsy note. Between the Hermes product and the L'Occitane, I find that the FdOI lasts far longer and projects better. Citrus notes (particularly orange) usually tend to fade very quickly, but not so with this cologne. It lasts all day and that, my friends, is a nifty trick. Unfortunately, this was apparently a limited edition and so it's all but impossible to find. But if you like orange-based scents and if you were lucky enough to snag a stray bottle, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

15 January, 2011

bonniemunk's avatar

I love Feu D'Orange. It's not sweet, it's not flowery, it's not heavy. It's perfect. It's very uplifting. I'm so disappointed L'Occitane discontinued it. I just realized it's a fragrance intended for both sexes. Maybe that's why I like it so much. I tend to prefer men's colognes to womens because they're more subtle. If anyone discovers another company has duplicated the scent, please let me know. Thank you.

30th November, 2009

odysseusm's avatar

Notes: blood orange, sweet orange, tangerine, lemon, vetiver, gaiac wood, vanilla resins

This starts as an orange-based, refreshing and simple summer spritz. Here, it is a light, rather translucent scent – various notes shimmer in and out. I say this because the scent is called “intense” and it is really nothing of the sort. The dreaded vanilla is admirably restrained here. I can detect it, but it is not overtly sweet. It simply adds a softening touch to the citrus notes. I also get a variety of woody notes, which seem a bit reedy or even metallic. The dry-down gets interesting. It thankfully continues in the not-sweet category, and has a close to the skin, haunting vibe. My one caveat is that I think it could be a bit more orangey. In summary: this is an intriguing scent, and the bottle, colour and overall presentation are distinctive and well done. It is dry and not very fruity, so it is certainly a unisex scent.

09 September, 2009

juniorgoddess's avatar

It's a beautiful orange scent-layered with spice and woods. I feel very lucky to have a bottle. If you chance upon a bottle of the oil, snap it up!

14 August, 2009 (Last Edited: 18 November, 2009)

HDS1963's avatar

What a crying shame this was a limited edition! This is quite simply one of the sexiest, most seductive fragrances I have smelled in a long time. Based on the extract of blood oranges, the very red orange oranges, this is a deep, deep fragrance of seductive passion. Occitane themselves are somewhat secretive about the ingredients save that they say it originates from the aforementioned oranges. However, that is only part of the story. Owners of Terre Hermes will recognise elements in the warm spice evident here. This is one hell of a fragrance. Typically of L'Occitane, hardly anyone knows about it. But I do. And I am sharing it with my BN friends. Get this, love it and enjoy. It's wonderful. No, really, it is.

27 January, 2009

Add your review of Feu d'Orange Intense

Search for on eBay United States

L 'OCCITANE EN PROVENCE FEU D'ORANGE EAU DE TOILETTE INTENSE~2oz~NEW IN BOX~RARE
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 23 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    L'Occitane Feu D'Orange Intense EDT Eau de Toilette 2 oz With Box - Discontinued
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 3 days
    STARTING BID
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)