by Roger & Gallet

HouseRoger & Gallet
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchElf Aquitaine > Sanofi Beauté

About Cologne

Cologne is a shared / unisex perfume by Roger & Gallet.

Reviews of Cologne

For just shy on 3 hours this is one of my favourite summer fragrances. It's instantly pleasant on application, a light and not too tart citrus with a touch of fresh mint and sweet pea. But by the time it's been on for 3 hours a stale/musty note comes into play. That note lingers on until the very end. I would really have preferred Extra Vielle to remain fresh throughout but alas no. Thankfully the note isn't so strong as to ruin the fragrance for me.

I can't tell you for sure whether it's worth the upgrade but Selection Verte by Creed is everything that I would have hoped for in EV. Extra Vielle is on the better side of a neutral review but the fact that it's so easy to get it cheap just nudges it to a Thumbs Up
29th September, 2009
A bright, atomic, synthetic-smelling orange topnote. It dries down in a somewhat linear manner, though green herbal notes come up, along with a bit of musk. Surprisingly complex in the end, given the comes-on-strong top notes; maybe a touch of ambergris? Approximately four hours from beginning to end of middle notes; basenotes hang around for up to six hours. Very attractive packaging. Beautiful bottle. Apply sparingly; one of the only colognes my wife told me I was wearing too much of, and I generally limit application to two squirts at most. Most likely formulated as a spring and early summer fragrance, I find it works OK on chilly winter days, too. Avoid on sultry summer nights. It's unisex, but I'm guessing it's a little on the sweet side for a lot of men. It's a good mood-lifting fragrance for occasional use only.
02nd January, 2009
Note -- this is NOT Jean-Marie Farina/ Extra Vielle.
Fragrance notes: mandarin orange, basil, bitter orange, jasmine, verbena, cedar, orange wood.
This is in a green box with a picture of an orange tree, and it is billed as a “tribute to the orange tree”. It is quite nice. It has a brisk citrus opening, with a hint of leafy-herbal green. Jasmine lends a lovely floral note, softening but not too sweet. The final phase is a lightly pleasant wood. R&G Cologne is a delightful daytime/summer scent. Not complex; but fresh, natural and enjoyable. I like it.
12th November, 2008

Add your review of Cologne

Shop for Cologne products online

Shop for Cologne at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Cologne

Member images of Cologne

There are no member images of Cologne yet. Why not be the first?