Rose Musc (2007)

Year of Launch2007

HouseSonoma Scent Studio
PerfumerLaurie Erickson

About Rose Musc

Rose Musc is a feminine perfume by Sonoma Scent Studio. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Laurie Erickson

Rose Musc fragrance notes

Reviews of Rose Musc

Beautiful warm, sweet rose

Rose notes have such a massive span - fruity, green, dried, powdery, candied...I had been looking for a rose that smells like opened blooms in the warm sun, and Rose Musc is that for me. I get rose from beginning to end, and the labdanum and musk underpinnings mingle with one's chemistry to give it a rosy skin scent drydown. I like this house's style very much, and find Rose Musc to have the subtlety and nuance of an all-natural fragrance with more tenacity and sillage from some carefully done synthetic enhancement. Layers gorgeously, too!

Pros: High concentration of natural essences
Cons: Must like rose!"

27th July, 2013
Truth in advertising rules the day at Sonoma Scent Studio, whose ROSE MUSC is a rich rose perfume with an ambery feeling (that would be the labdanum...or does this really contain ambergris?!). The musk serves primarily to sustain the composition and is not all that noticeable—at least not compared to SSS EGYPTIAN MUSK, which is basically all musk all the time.

I like this rose perfume very much: a true rose with big sillage and great longevity but without being overwhelming at all. Definitely smoother than Tea Rose and some of the other green roses I've tried. ROSE MUSC is really about rose petals, yellow ones, I'd say. Nice. Smells great on my cat, too, on whose head I brushed a wrist and after which he was a richly labdanum-rose-scented divine feline for many, many hours...
11th July, 2011
Very pleasant dewy, natural rose with a slight hint of soapiness that holds its own for a few hours before slipping into a labdanum drydown. Like most from this house, great longevity and decent sillage.

Very nice, simple scent, but not revelatory.
13th March, 2010
ROSE MUSC is a deep and heady rose but seems a tad too linear and 'perfumey' for my taste, clearly a rose derivative. Through no real fault of its own, it is my least favorite rose from Sonoma's line-up as I tend to favor complexity in rose fragrances and prefer my soliflores lush and fresh.

Notes:
rose petals, ambergris, labdanum absolute, skin musks.
16th January, 2010
AnnS Show all reviews
This is one of my HG roses -- the labdanum is heavenly. This can be worn all year, but is mostly a fall/winter fragrance. It is beautiful, soft, warm woods with a deep, rich, fragrant rose. The lasting power is 7+ hours after aplication, and the labdanum grows richer & warmer as time passes. After the rose wears off many hours later - the next day/morning - the labdanum still clings to the skin with soft warmth.
21st November, 2008

Add your review of Rose Musc

Shop for Rose Musc products online

Search Amazon for Rose Musc

Member images of Rose Musc

There are no member images of Rose Musc yet. Why not be the first?