Bergamotto Marino (2006)

PackagingSerge Mansau
Parent CompanyAngelini > ITF Cosmetics
Parent Company at launchICR > ITF Cosmetics

About Bergamotto Marino

Bergamotto Marino is a shared / unisex perfume by Gianfranco Ferré. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Bourdon. The bottle was designed by Serge Mansau

Reviews of Bergamotto Marino

A pleasant neroli with floral elements. After some time though, I got a bit tired of it being somewhat one-dimensional and gave it away. There are other similar and more complex fragrances out there.
30th November, 2017
A simple, fresh cologne with noticeable neroli and citrus notes. The initial burst is not too bright but more refreshing, with some subtle florals, and on a bed of light musks and woods. The base is light, and therefore it never outstays its welcome. Any marine, aquatic or salty element is completely lost on my skin. The good feature of this perfume is that everything is dealt with a light hand, and the overall balance is where it should be. It wears close to skin on me, and duration is around four hours. All in all a nice summery cologne, very unisex, but not as sparkling/uplifting as Guerlains and Nicolai, and not as interesting as some of the Hermes colognes.

12th November, 2017
Clean and fresh in a green/watery kind of way. Sneaky good projection, others will notice you. Longevity was in the 4-5 hour range.
01st January, 2017
Ferre Bergamotto Marino is a more than pleasant citric-aromatic juice supported by salty-floral nuances and muskiness. Neroli, jasmine, musk, marine molecules and lime are prominent elements under my mediocre nose and I get a "resemblance in style" to scents a la Mugler Cologne and (most of all) Atelier Cologne Grand Neroli. Opening is strong on neroli and jasmine but lime starts "rising up" immediately so bracing and salty. The ozonic presence is tempered (and balanced) by muskiness and floral nuances. The core of this juice elicits delicate floral notes (I get lily of the valley), enhanced in sophistication by a notable musky-green support. Dry down is balmier and muskier with its pleasant soapy substance (I detect blackcurrant in this phase). I think to detect petitgrain on my skin. Bergamotto Marino is clearly a "cologne" a la Askett&English in style (I get an ideal connection with Absolute and Essential for instance) but its duration on skin is more than stout. A nice solution for sultry summer battles without missing the basic dose of gentlemanly classic elegance.
29th March, 2016
Unfortunately, I get more of the floral notes than the citrus/marine notes I had hoped for with this one. However, it is well blended and smells more natural than most for the price. As others have mentioned it certainly feels substantial for an eau de cologne. On my skin, I just get less ocean and more floral, which is not my preference. This is a bit of a disappointment as the note breakdown suggests otherwise, but the florals are the predominate notes. If you like a tempered floral scent or a unisex floral and want something subtle/classy for the summer, but with presence it would be a good buy.

ETA: The dry down is better/less floral. I'm on the fence with this one based on my own personal taste, but I think it is a quality scent. I'm still saying if you don't like florals don't go here.
21st November, 2015
Great summer scent at a great price. Clean long lived citrus open with legs to take you though the day!
22nd October, 2015

Add your review of Bergamotto Marino

Shop for Bergamotto Marino products online

Search Amazon for Bergamotto Marino

Member images of Bergamotto Marino

There are no member images of Bergamotto Marino yet. Why not be the first?