A Quiet Morning (2008)

A Quiet Morning information

Year of Launch2008

HouseMiller et Bertaux

About A Quiet Morning

A Quiet Morning is a feminine perfume by Miller et Bertaux. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of A Quiet Morning

Itís not often a fragrance takes you places - I mean really takes you places. But itís not a forecful kidnapping. Itís a quiet invitation, a simple wave of the hand, offering you to come along. A Quiet Morning does take you on an adventure. I've never been to the places AQM takes you, yet, somehow I feel I'm there.

I don't get a lot of distinction between notes. It's mostly palm leaf, saffron, tumeric with a hint of orange blossom that seems to come and go as it pleases. And it remains that way for me for the most part. Soft, but not soft enough to disappear. This lasts for hours. Bravo!
05th May, 2014
I get a fantastic, addictive honey note from this -- one made by riled up, Africanized honey bees. It is somehow both energizing and relaxing. Must have MORE. Saving up for a full bottle.
15th October, 2012
I like this alot and agree with the substance of foetidus' rating. This is an exotic wood scent, with a headshop/meditative vibe to it. But not a hippy patchouli scent at all. Sandalwood and cedar finally, gently sweet and smoky and totally unisex.
18th November, 2011
A quiet winter morning drinking tea on the balcony of a wooden house facing fog clad forests at Himalayaís mountainside. Inside, some Basmati rice is cooking with yellow spices- saffron, turmeric- outside the cold dry wind that blows from the mountains brings notes of camphor, cedar and most of all sandalwood, in its cleanest and sternest version. A faint hint of flowers appears suddenly, like a sunbeam through the mist, but it doesnít last long, the forest keeps swaying in the wind and releasing its balsamic notes. (I wish to thank Miller et Bertaux for the fragrance, my local Indian restaurant Rajput for the spices, Kiran Desaiís book ďThe inheritance of lossĒ for the location and the countless cups of Darjeeling tea for the inspiration).
30th October, 2011
Ordinarily I donít get along well with a saffron note, but in this case, I think the curcuma (related to turmeric) bothered me more than the saffron the first time I tested it. Frankly I donít think the use of turmeric in a fragrance is a very good ideaÖ the smell of turmeric is not my idea of aroma made in olfactory heaven, but at least it was relatively easy for me to get used to the note. By my third testing, its spicy aggressiveness, while not enjoyable, didnít bother me at all. When the opening accord wears off, I am left with an exotically rich wood accord with traces of the opening spice, and the accord presents itself as a combination of sandalwood and cedarwood augmented by incense. Thanks to the cedar and incense, the accord has an excellent aromatic quality that gives it the feeling of both depth and lightnessÖ Itís as intriguing a wood accord as Iíve experienced in several years. I love it with a love that didnít seem likely with the aggressive spiciness of the opening. This fragrance is like the other Miller et Bertaux fragrances Iíve tried: unique, a bit quirky, and eventually, loveable. Light, but present sillage and excellent longevity.

19th January, 2010 (last edited: 23rd January, 2010)
A Quiet Morning by Miller Bertaux is a very gentle and dry incense spice scent that you might find wafting from deep inside a hidden cave full of the fine exotic spices. The opening is predominantly saffron and tumeric layered over a mentholated cedar wood base. Orange flower warmed by a bit of sandalwood gives a little life and sunshine to mid notes of this very dry Indian spice scent. I find it a very comforting scent and easy to wear and is definitely a compliment magnet. This light orange spice and woods scent resembles Baume au Doge by Eau d' Italie which is stronger in its spice notes; and also is close in feel to Bois du Turquie from MPG which has more emphasis on the sandalwood base. A Quiet Morning is a very soft subtle blend of saffron, tumeric and cedar over a sandalwood and orange blossom base. It is a very easy fragrance to enjoy.
05th August, 2009

Add your review of A Quiet Morning

Shop for A Quiet Morning products online

Search Amazon for A Quiet Morning

Member images of A Quiet Morning

There are no member images of A Quiet Morning yet. Why not be the first?