A Quiet Morning (2008)
    by Miller et Bertaux

A Quiet Morning Fragrance notes

Curcuma, Saffron, Basmati rice, Palm flower, Orange blossom, Indian sandalwood. Tibetan cedarwood

Reviews of A Quiet Morning

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.
    positive 6 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

SaNielsen's avatar
    SaNielsen

I get a fantastic, addictive honey note from this -- one made by riled up, Africanized honey bees. It is somehow both energizing and relaxing. Must have MORE. Saving up for a full bottle.

15 October, 2012

almasinti's avatar
    almasinti

I like this alot and agree with the substance of foetidus' rating. This is an exotic wood scent, with a headshop/meditative vibe to it. But not a hippy patchouli scent at all. Sandalwood and cedar finally, gently sweet and smoky and totally unisex.

18 November, 2011

iodine's avatar
    iodine

A quiet winter morning drinking tea on the balcony of a wooden house facing fog clad forests at Himalayaís mountainside. Inside, some Basmati rice is cooking with yellow spices- saffron, turmeric- outside the cold dry wind that blows from the mountains brings notes of camphor, cedar and most of all sandalwood, in its cleanest and sternest version. A faint hint of flowers appears suddenly, like a sunbeam through the mist, but it doesnít last long, the forest keeps swaying in the wind and releasing its balsamic notes. (I wish to thank Miller et Bertaux for the fragrance, my local Indian restaurant Rajput for the spices, Kiran Desaiís book ďThe inheritance of lossĒ for the location and the countless cups of Darjeeling tea for the inspiration).

30th October, 2011

foetidus

Ordinarily I donít get along well with a saffron note, but in this case, I think the curcuma (related to turmeric) bothered me more than the saffron the first time I tested it. Frankly I donít think the use of turmeric in a fragrance is a very good ideaÖ the smell of turmeric is not my idea of aroma made in olfactory heaven, but at least it was relatively easy for me to get used to the note. By my third testing, its spicy aggressiveness, while not enjoyable, didnít bother me at all. When the opening accord wears off, I am left with an exotically rich wood accord with traces of the opening spice, and the accord presents itself as a combination of sandalwood and cedarwood augmented by incense. Thanks to the cedar and incense, the accord has an excellent aromatic quality that gives it the feeling of both depth and lightnessÖ Itís as intriguing a wood accord as Iíve experienced in several years. I love it with a love that didnít seem likely with the aggressive spiciness of the opening. This fragrance is like the other Miller et Bertaux fragrances Iíve tried: unique, a bit quirky, and eventually, loveable. Light, but present sillage and excellent longevity.

19 January, 2010 (Last Edited: 23 January, 2010)

Buzzlepuff's avatar
    Buzzlepuff

A Quiet Morning by Miller Bertaux is a very gentle and dry incense spice scent that you might find wafting from deep inside a hidden cave full of the fine exotic spices. The opening is predominantly saffron and tumeric layered over a mentholated cedar wood base. Orange flower warmed by a bit of sandalwood gives a little life and sunshine to mid notes of this very dry Indian spice scent. I find it a very comforting scent and easy to wear and is definitely a compliment magnet. This light orange spice and woods scent resembles Baume au Doge by Eau d' Italie which is stronger in its spice notes; and also is close in feel to Bois du Turquie from MPG which has more emphasis on the sandalwood base. A Quiet Morning is a very soft subtle blend of saffron, tumeric and cedar over a sandalwood and orange blossom base. It is a very easy fragrance to enjoy.

05 August, 2009

Apicius's avatar
    Apicius
    Germany Germany

I would describe this scent as woody-minty-spicy. With lots of woods (cedar and sandalwood)

Although mint is not listed; it is somehow a little astringent (menthol? eucalypthus?). I do not smell any flowers.

If you like woody perfumes, you might give it a try. I think it's OK but not a must have at least for me.

13 July, 2009