Midnight Violet

Midnight Violet information

HouseAva Luxe
PerfumerSerena Ava Franco

About Midnight Violet

Midnight Violet is a feminine perfume by Ava Luxe. The fragrance was created by perfumer Serena Ava Franco

Reviews of Midnight Violet

BayKAT Show all reviews
I grew up in south-central Minne"soe"ta, where the culture is heavily Scandinavian (as is my heritage). There we put our groceries in a 'bayg' and finish as many sentences as we can with 'you know'.

For the most part we speak softly, and therefore there is a certain group of Americans whose speech we find rather 'grating'. I won't say who, but they tend to talk too loud, too much, and without properly pronunciating their 'R's'.

Midnight Violet opens in a similar fashion-it’s a little grating. It stays this way for over two hours before reluctantly settling down and becoming a better conversationalist. This is when I get the warmer, earthier woody tones, which to my nose smells like orris root. It seems like the more time you spend with this the better it gets (you could say it ‘wears’ on you). The sharp, woody florals during the drydown are downright endearing; but it can't compensate for the persisten off-note that keeps this fragrance from finding its rhythm.

This is not a bad violet; it’s just not one I fell in love with. I think it would be better if the supporting notes were less loud, you know?
02nd May, 2010
I agree with all reviews here that this is one of the best by Ava Luxe. I've never sampled a darker or more aggressive violet that this one. I think this would smell wonderful on anyone, it's a true unisex scent.
22nd January, 2010
A complex ,balsamic dark perfume of violets and damp earth. The name is very fitting. This is beautiful in the extrait form and is tenacious. This is one of the most beautiful violet perfumes I have used. Gothically romantic and definitely unisex. A winner for Ava Luxe.
25th August, 2009
Vasily Show all reviews
Earthy, complex, dark: a vision of black violets growing in a discarded rubber tire. It evokes a place from a strange dream. This is not a perfume for women only, it's very unisex. I think this is Ava Luxe's greatest achievement.
07th July, 2009
An initial blast of galbanum gives way to pepper. Then cedar and dusky violet with green leaves take over. In the end, there is sweetness, but it is very dark and earthy. The base lists moss and hemlock, but there may be patchouli as well. These woody, grassy notes lend a dried-leaf type of sweetness. In the end, the notes combine to form a strange violet candy or a bit of Sen-Sen breath mint aroma. This fragrance is sensual and strong. It smells like dry wood and living leaves at the same time. I find it extremely attractive, wet and dry, with dark, earthy sweetness. This is not for the "shrinking violet" type of person. Midnight Violet makes a bold statement.
09th April, 2009
Yay, I get second review! I agree with Galamb. Midnight Violet is really something-a shocking, smoke-infused violet like non-other. Like violets thrown into the ashes of a fire which are still smoldering and red (fish the violets out of those smoldering coals and smell what's left of them and you'll have Midnight Violet) I love it, I love smoke scents though. If you don't you won't like this so don't even bother. This is highly unisex and would smell wonderful on anyone. When I wear this I feel mysterious and vampy. I smell as if I've been somewhere around a fire and had some type of late night forest experience I shouldn't have had ;) It has that type of vibe to it, it takes you someplace and I love it when that happens! I bought the Parfum Extrait, so that's what I'm reviewing. I don't as of yet know if there's a difference.
04th April, 2009

Add your review of Midnight Violet

Shop for Midnight Violet products online

Search Amazon for Midnight Violet

Member images of Midnight Violet

There are no member images of Midnight Violet yet. Why not be the first?