Macchia Mediterranea
    by Borsari 1870

Average Rating:

Macchia Mediterranea information

Macchia Mediterranea is a women's fragrance by Borsari 1870.

Reviews of Macchia Mediterranea

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

odysseusm's avatar

I’m disappointed in this scent. I like Aqua Classico by Borsari, and the imagery of “macchia” mentioned by Quarry is very appealing. This had the potential to be a garrigue-style of scent. It didn’t work that way on my skin. I found three distinct phases. The first was a fruity, sweet musk. The second was the VERY dusty dry smell of old herbs and spices that is mentioned below. I like this part! It is very interesting, but too brief. The third phase, that of the dry-down, is violet, sweet spice, and musk. This phase has the unfortunate connotation of rancid nut paste for me, and it has severe tenacity. So, the scent just doesn’t work for me.

12 February, 2010

Quarry's avatar

Mach Med is one of the niftier-looking bottles in my collection and purchased for such a great price ($10 from Overstock). It holds nostagia for me as it resurrects long-ago, wood-lined pantries saturated by the scents of baking spices. The other image I often get is of herbs hanging upside-down, drying in the wood rafters of an old, old house. TaoLady smells fresh herbs on her skin, but I find a dry, dusty quality. I don't really care to wear MM, instead preferring to spray it in my actual pantry when visitors tour our 140-y-o home so as to enhance their retro experience.

Macchia is defined as a wild shrubland of the Mediterranean region, a thicket of evergreen shrubs such as sage, juniper and myrtle. I like that imagery, too.

One set of notes posted: top notes of orange, apple, cedar; middle notes of pepper, vetiver, woods; base notes of violet, cardamom, musk.
    Another set of notes found online: It's a deep and sexy spicy warm scent with notes of incense, white florals, cinnamon and nutmeg.

07 June, 2009 (Last Edited: 19 December, 2012)

Mehitabel's avatar

Aquatic and very herbal. It's very pleasant, but not particularly feminine. I like it, and share it with my husband.

21st February, 2009