Tihota (2006)

Year of Launch2006

HouseIndult
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian

About Tihota

Tihota is a shared / unisex perfume by Indult. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian

Tihota fragrance notes

Reviews of Tihota

This smells similar to Love, Hope, Denim, and Serendipitous, and also Amour De Cacao. I like it, a lot, but it’s quite pricey, and for way less money there are other vanilla scents out there that would probably satisfy even the most ardent vanilla fiend (see above). Reminiscence Vanille also is lovely – to me, that is more of a true vanilla scent. That said, I’ve enjoyed my little sample of this very much – it’s a lovely, creamy vanilla, but then I do like the gourmandy type scents. The longevity is amazing: I could still smell this after ten hours, so I have to give it big props for that. I doubt I’d spring for a full bottle though – there is just not enough about this that is different enough from my other vanilla scents to justify spending that much money. At this stage at least ;) But if you have a spare $200 kicking around and nothing better to spend it on, and you don’t have any good vanilla scents hanging out in your perfume wardrobe, I say go for it – you won’t be disappointed.
06th October, 2017
I love vanillas and this seems to be the ultimate. It does not have any chemical or synthetic type scent. It is intense. I would love to have a bottle of it. One of the most deeply affecting perfumes I have ever tried. It stirs a place in my brain and heart.
04th September, 2016
In the beginning, this is pure vanilla extract on me, & three sprays on my arm gives it a powerful projection, which lasts all day. Sniffed up close, during the first few minutes I get a strange, very faint vinegary note, although this quickly disappears. What follows is a smooth, creamy, very natural-smelling vanilla; nothing artificially sweet or saccharine here. I don't smell the musk, but I do get a lightly toasted tonka bean. Kafkaesque describes this as like a buttery, eggy cake batter, & I have to agree. This makes it sound cloyingly sweet, but really it is not. It's still detectable an outstanding eighteen hours after application.
Part of me thinks that this is really too simple & linear to be worth the price or the rave reviews. On the other hand, it really is a wonderful vanilla of great quality, & I doubt it would be easy to find one this good on the cheap. If you love pure vanilla, this may well be your Holy Grail; sampling it should at least be mandatory.
31st May, 2016
Love at first sight! Tihota is a vanilla based fragrance in its purest form. No complexity, no additional notes with the exception of musk which provides a backbone structure for the scent. From start to finish all I got was vanilla. This reminds me of actual baking/cooking vanilla extract. I said the same thing with Vanille Absolu in my review a year ago but Tihota is the real deal. I detect high quality vanilla used to produce this scent, nothing un-natural nor synthetic here. The vanilla is well balanced: very smooth, not too sweet, and not too overwhelming which are all big pluses for me. Longevity is great with this scent it ended up lasting most of the day, roughly 8 hours. Silage is good for the first few hours after that it stayed closer to the skin. Tihota ‘s a very pleasing scent, it’s hard not to like unless one doesn't like vanilla fragrances in general.

In addition to a handful of other vanilla fragrances that contains other notes in the scent composition that I enjoy, I've always wanted a vanilla based fragrance that was simply vanilla and this might be it. The downside of Tihota: it's $200 for a 50ml bottle which is currently available on Luckyscent. The price tag might scare off some individuals from considering this bottle but for those who are willing to shell out the big bucks for the scent they'll be in for a real treat! Another downside to Tihota is that it's not widely available. Tihota does get compared to other scents (see Fragrantica), scents that could be used as a significantly cheaper alternative. Personally, I don't believe in going cheap when investing in a particular scent. By experience, more often than not, selecting a fragrance based by the quality of the scent rather than the price yields better fulfillment in the long term. Overall, I had a wonderful experience with Tihota. Tihota certainly makes my list for favorite vanilla based fragrances.
22nd January, 2016
Wonderful high quality vanilla with a musky base. Classy, elegant, and sexy. Tihota means sugar in Rapa Nui, the language of Easter Island, but it is more than sugar. Sweet, but not too sweet. A tad pricey, but a very nice fragrance. I think I would prefer this on a lady more than for myself.
23rd June, 2015
Genre: Oriental

With their extravagant claims of natural ingredients, promises of exotic rapture in their marketing copy, and pricing to match Amouage, By Kilian, or Parfums MDCI, Indult fragrances had better be good. Really, really good. In fact at these prices, they shouldn’t just be good – they should smell like nothing else on the market.

Tihota smells like vanilla. So do Vanilia, Vanille Exquise, Fleurs de Comores…you get my drift. All of them at half the price, or less. Is Tihota’s vanilla note superior to all other niche vanillas? Is it superior to Guerlain’s vanillas? I don’t know. Better noses than mine may feel a need to pay $250 for a 50 ml. bottle of vanilla scent, but I can settle for less.
05th July, 2014

Add your review of Tihota

Shop for Tihota products online

Shop for Tihota at online perfumeries

TIHOTA - INDULT TYPE -EAU DE PARFUM - 2.5 oz -EDP - WONDERFUL SCENT!!

End Date: Friday Dec-21-2018 14:26:17 PST
Buy It Now for only: $20.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Indult Tihota sample (5 mL) eau de parfum Vanilla EDP AUTHENTIC USA SELLER!!

End Date: Monday Dec-31-2018 7:02:23 PST
Buy It Now for only: $31.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Tihota

There are no member images of Tihota yet. Why not be the first?