Sel Marin (2008)

Sel Marin information

Year of Launch2008

HouseHeeley

About Sel Marin

Sel Marin is a shared / unisex perfume by Heeley. The scent was launched in 2008

Sel Marin fragrance notes

Reviews of Sel Marin

Sadko in the Underwater Kingdom by Ilya Repin
14th September, 2017
Its ok, for me it smells like La Source bodywash by Crabtree & Evelyn with a dominant but not overbearing clove note. La Source is great and not as expensive as Sel Marin. I did try this out on a cooler day toward the evening, so this may change in hotter weather.
20th August, 2017
very fresh with a little lemon peel. reminds me of 4711 but not so barber shoppy. im sure it has better legs than 4711 too. a good combo? get 4711 body wash and splash on amazon for a little change.. add sel marin before going out the door. delicious!
07th July, 2017
I wrote off aquatics after testing every single one at Macy's. Fortunately, Basenotes has educated me and I have been sampling niche decants. Sel Marin is, without a doubt, the best aquatic I have ever worn. It's not perfect (I wish the clove-type note was dialed down) but this will be my go-to aquatic until I find something better.
16th May, 2017
Fantastic!
Opens with a lemony/blue-green marine accord that is completely unlike boring "for men" aquatics.
As the lemon top notes fade, salty/dry comes to the forefront. "Salty/dry what?" You ask. I'm not sure. Gently reminiscent of seaweed and wood, and fresh-fresh-fresh.
There's an herbal undertone, almost liquorice, with a freshness suggestive of mint.
Accomplishes the color and feel of sea water, without being too predictable.
07th January, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
A delightful blend of lemon and bergamot - a truly traditional starter - is notable by a slightly herbal-greenish undertone. After the first stage the sel marine note arises, and it is well made. Most crucially, in the drydown a mildly ozonic greenish whiff is present, at times reminding me of nori - dried Japanese seaweed sheaths, just saltier; and definitely saltier than Bergamotto Marino. On my skin this phase is delicious.

The base is less interesting with its woodsy impression added to a somewhat generic white musk background.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and an overall longevity of over eight hours, fading slowly.

A traditional seashore maritime summer scent, executed well with good-quality ingredients, with a less convincing base. 3.25/5
17th May, 2016