Sel Marin (2008)
by Heeley

Sel Marin information

Year of Launch2008

About Sel Marin

Sel Marin is a shared / unisex perfume by Heeley. The scent was launched in 2008

Sel Marin fragrance notes

Reviews of Sel Marin

Starts off with the scent of a sunny day on an ocean dock: I can smell lots of saltwater (and it's hyper-realistic), and a bit of the sea air as well as a hint of citrus. This is a really salty fragrance, and also very realistic to what a harbour actually smells like (no laundry detergent or "fresh aquatic" scent of calone here). As it progresses, I can smell the algae and even more seawater, and it mellows out in the end to a lemony-moss sort of scent with lots of salt. It's hyper-realistic however it isn't that pleasant as far as perfumes go - I mean it smells like a dock and I like it but others around you may not. I also amp salt a lot so by the end I just end up smelling really salty, as if I've sweated a lot (but without the scent of sweat; only salt). Starts off unisex, but kind of leans feminine later on. If I had to give this perfume a colour it would be 'light yellow' and not blue as it's a bright seawater and ocean air at a dock scent rather than a dark deep seawater scent with seaweed like Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme (in fact I couldn't smell any seaweed in Sel Marine). I think I prefer Aqva Pour Homme to this in terms of realistic ocean scent perfumes. Sillage is moderate, longevity is moderate.
04th March, 2018
Dry, Clean, Salty, Fresh, Clear.

Has to be one of the most natural smelling fragrances out there. It starts with a dry lemony salty note that keeps for the duration, with the lemon eventually toning down. It's definitely linear but not to say it doesn't last for the rest of the day.
It's versatile enough to wear on a weekday or special trip. I wore this everyday on my honeymoon in Maui and for that it will be remembered.

It's amazing stuff. In a sea (hahaha) of aquatics, Sel Marin keeps it real.
16th February, 2018
Sadko in the Underwater Kingdom by Ilya Repin
14th September, 2017
Its ok, for me it smells like La Source bodywash by Crabtree & Evelyn with a dominant but not overbearing clove note. La Source is great and not as expensive as Sel Marin. I did try this out on a cooler day toward the evening, so this may change in hotter weather.
20th August, 2017
very fresh with a little lemon peel. reminds me of 4711 but not so barber shoppy. im sure it has better legs than 4711 too. a good combo? get 4711 body wash and splash on amazon for a little change.. add sel marin before going out the door. delicious!
07th July, 2017
I wrote off aquatics after testing every single one at Macy's. Fortunately, Basenotes has educated me and I have been sampling niche decants. Sel Marin is, without a doubt, the best aquatic I have ever worn. It's not perfect (I wish the clove-type note was dialed down) but this will be my go-to aquatic until I find something better.
16th May, 2017