Sel Marin (2008)

Sel Marin information

Year of Launch2008

HouseHeeley

About Sel Marin

Sel Marin is a shared / unisex perfume by Heeley. The scent was launched in 2008

Sel Marin fragrance notes

Reviews of Sel Marin

I am quite taken with all the Heeley Perfumes I have tasted. They all carry a pure, fresh, contemporary feel. None have stood out as ostentatious or loud. They present a studied competence and precision that I admire. All have been and are extraordinarily wearable both in casual and formal.
Sel Marin is one of the only Aquatic or Ozonic that I can wear with any enjoyment.
That being said I give it a reluctant neutral due to the fact that I would not purchase a Full Bottle.
Anyone who is interested in the Aquatic, Ozonic really needs to sample this, for it is indeed, well executed.
10th January, 2016
Thanks to my good friend Purecaramel, I have finally been able to sample this gem!

This is definitely the aquatic I've been searching for. It smells exactly like the scent of being near the ocean. For me, it's a bit of a journey:

I first approach the beautiful verdant marshes of the NC and VA coasts. I was born and raised in NC, and I always enjoyed the boat rides thru the marshes to catch crabs in VA, or to simply enjoy the calm waters in NC. The opening and middle of this scent are a direct reminder of the salty scent upon the air, and the algae that, while pungent, is so calming and refreshing. I don't find it overwhelming to wear, and it seems natural - not synthetic and forced.

I next approach the beautiful beach - the warm (or cool) sand, and the view of that ever-expansive horizon and great blue water that I love so much. I feel an overwhelming sense of peace and joy. The beach and sea have always been Holy ground for me. The scent of this juice secures my mind of the very memories of standing on the beach. It is gorgeous. I realize that the top notes should be gone by now, but I think I am smelling some Italian Bergamot. There is something fresh, but not strong.

The last part is a symphony of warmth, sea spray and what smells to me like cucumber freshly sliced. It is so beautiful and un-pretentious. I absolutely love it, and can see this becoming a part of my collection - hopefully sooner than later!
04th December, 2015
I normally don't like acquatics, but had heard and read so many positive reviews of Sel Marin, I had to order a sample. I am somewhat skeptical how I would find this scent as I have the Gulf of Mexico just outside my door.

While not exactly an acquatic, Sel Marin is one of the very best near acquatics I've encountered. The opening is salty with green melon and cucumber beneath the surface. It is very pleasant and I must admit ocean like. I never got the cleaning fluid or fish smell other reviews have mentioned. 6hrs longevity and average sillage.

I like Sel Marin very much and am saving the rest of my sample for hotter weather. It takes a real special fragrance that is outside the norm for me to spend $150 on a bottle, but this one is probably going in the collection very soon.

3/19/15 - Purchased a decant. Very happy with this fragrance and I can't wait to wear it this summer.
24th February, 2015 (last edited: 19th March, 2015)
Very fresh strong smelling marine fragrance

goes on with a slightly 'toilet fresh' bergamot, herb and cucumber sort of smell. Not unpleasant but quite common as a scent

... which then quickly softens out as the salt note takes over, this is my favourite part of the fragrance, very nice like salt drying in the hot sun

before drying down into a long-lived nutty cedar/vetiver sort of note which is also quite pleasant and masculine and lasts 6hrs+ on me.

Personally I prefer the smell of Creed's Erolfa to this - BUT I would recommend buying this over the Erolfa any day because Sel Marin actually lasts a decent amount of time and justifies the price tag.

Good stuff. Buy some for spring/summer.
18th February, 2015
At first, very fresh, I get a lot of citrus, maybe even cucumber, really nice and quite special. After half an hour, it smells too much like Cool Water women.
05th October, 2014
Light, fleeting, expensive. 3 out of 5 stars. Pass
09th August, 2014

Add your review of Sel Marin

Shop for Sel Marin products online

Shop for Sel Marin at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Sel Marin

Member images of Sel Marin

There are no member images of Sel Marin yet. Why not be the first?