C16 (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseIndult
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian

About C16

C16 is a shared / unisex perfume by Indult. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian

Reviews of C16

Slightly rubbery, slightly indolic, slightly skanky and somehow slightly clean. While the fragrance C16 is named after a certain musk molecule with 16 carbon atom bonds, there's no doubt in my mind that this is in fact a musk cocktail, and not simply the musk molecule "C16." To my surprise and delight, the fragrance progresses from one musk to another in an olfactory slide show, starting with a bit of skank similar to the musk in Kiehl's Original Musk and eventually drying down to a clean white musk similar to Les Nez's L'Antimatiere.

I didn't find C16 to be a light fragrance, but it's definitely not oppressive either. While the way it smells isn't particularly unique overall, the way it progresses throughout the day is quite genius. It's a little bit of everything all blended to perfection. While I have to admit that C16 somehow never "wowed" me, it did slowly seduce me. I think that's the point.

9.5/10

18th November, 2009 (last edited: 10th July, 2010)
This is like the musk of angelic creatures. When they list 'crystalline musk' as a note, I never really know what they are talking about, but it should be C16. It is transparent and ethereal, lighter than air, but with a steel belted-tenacity on the skin. It is musk without the skank, but exuding warmth and sensuality. It is a very light scent, and to my nose quite linear. Initially I thought I might be anosmic to it, but it comes alive with the warmth of skin. Perfect alone, it is also great layered with gourmands and orientals and spices. Heavenly.
13th December, 2008

Add your review of C16

Shop for C16 products online

Search Amazon for C16

Member images of C16

There are no member images of C16 yet. Why not be the first?