Acqua Viva (2007)

Acqua Viva information

Year of Launch2007

HouseProfumum

About Acqua Viva

Acqua Viva is a shared / unisex perfume by Profumum. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of Acqua Viva

This fragrance finally achieved what many others could not: a strong citrus fragrance with good longevity, a lemon that stays fresh and lemony for hours without giving way to a base that changes its direction.

Apparently this has been an illusive goal for many perfumers, with Eau d'Hadrien coming close to achieving it, albeit with less longevity. Profumum nailed it here. This is lemony satisfaction in a form that will stay loyal to you all hot summer day.

The secret to this lemon longevity? I'm not sure, but perhaps something as simple as jacking up the concentration. It sprays oily like you spritzed essential oils on your skin, which comes close to justifying the price tag without actually justifying it.

There is a mild flowery softness that kicks in after the first few minutes, giving AV a slight sweetness, but it only serves to augment the realism of lemons. There's also a very mild earthy tone that just makes the concoction more endearing. The cedar and musk base doesn't make much of an appearance on my skin.

This just might be the perfect companion for hot humid summer days.
16th May, 2015
Opinion: One more incredible scent!! Acqua Viva is a high quality citrusy/aromatic/floral woody scent. Clean, bright, inoffensive, fresh, sparkling, one can smell the quality of amalfi lemon, here. The cypress is really nice, and the floral note is very beautiful here. The cedar is beautifully added here, too. I really find this fragrance to be delightful.

Now, it´s hard not to compare it to Eau d´Hadrien by Annick Goutal, but honestly, I find the latter only advantage to be price. Don´t get me wrong, I love Eau d´Hadrien, but honestly, Acqua Viva is richer, has better quality and (mostly) better performance. I´ve seen people stating that during the development they find some sweetness. Well, not on my skin.

A very well blended and refined fragrance!

Type/Gender: Unisex.

I consider Acqua Viva as fairly unisex, maybe leaning a bit toward feminine side.

Season and Purpose: Spring and Summer, good option for hotter Fall days.

Being clean and safe, this is a good fragrance for work, casual or even some formal occasions. Not ideal for dates, but could be a nice option for very hot days/nights.

Achilles heel: Although not overly expensive, compared to other houses, price is a bit "heavy".

Regarding Performance:

Sillage: 8.20
Projection: 8.10
Uniqueness: 8
Versatility: 8.25
--- Overall: 8.54

Would I buy it? Yes!

The price is a bit expensive (€190 = ~ $250) for 100 ml, but definitely worth the buy, for me.
06th September, 2014 (last edited: 04th January, 2015)
bejahu Show all reviews
A lemon-lover's delight. Acqua Viva opens with a incredibly authentic blast of fresh, tart and juicy lemon. Nothing synthetic-smelling about this one, it is fresh and delicious. The longevity is impressive, especially for a citrus-based fragrance. I'm getting 8-10 hours on my skin with this one, although in the final two hours it is more about the cedar than the fresh and bright lemon scent that dominates the rest of the dry down.

I love this stuff. I've been looking for a long-lasting citrus scent for a while now, and am delighted to have found Acqua Viva. If you enjoy the smell of real, fresh cut lemons, then this fragrance is definitely for you. The outstanding longevity is a bonus.

I most strongly recommend this one. Outstanding summer fragrance.
09th June, 2014
I'm a bit careworn when it comes to this fragrance. On the first topnote, it is, as everyone has said, a lemon-citrus fragrance. And it is indeed that. The lemon topnote stands out to everything else (so far as I can tell). While this does not seem to be a problem for most people it was a bit of a hangup for me. Some have mentioned household cleaner or something - how the topnotes don't smell like that, etc. And in one sense I agree, but in another I disagree. I agree that AV doesn't smell like, for example, Lemon Pledge, other than that they have a lemon scent in common. But in a way, I still feel like I've just cleaned the house with Lemon Pledge when I am wearing AV (when it comes to the topnotes, anyway). So, it's not that it smells like a household cleaner, it's just that I get the sense that I've been cleaning the kitchen or dusting or something.
Once the topnotes dry down, the smell is much more pleasant. The strong lemon smell dies down and the cedarwood takes a stronger note. This is the best part of AV IMO. The sillage seems to be average and the longevity is decent (several hours).
The big downside to this fragrance is the price. It's around 240$ or so for 100ml. And I just find that to be much too expensive for a citrus fragrance that you can get at a cheaper price (Acqua Classica, while the scent isn't as great as AV, is a 30$, 100Ml citrus fragrance). So, overall I would rather have something much cheaper and not quite as great. But that's just me. The price is probably the biggest factor in rating this neutral, otherwise it would have gotten a thumbs up from me.
12th November, 2011
Such a really refined and long-lasting citrusy fragrance!!
Lemon note is dominant, sparkling and bright. The drydown turns on cedarwood note, which is the most perceivable.
Acqua Viva by Profvmvm is one of the best citrus based fragrances I know and I bought it!
Just 2 things to say:
- very expensive fragrance
- its semi-oily texture, that makes it long lasting as well as all other fragrances of this brand
13th September, 2011
An incredibly realistc, natural and sparkling lemon note with woody undertones (cedarwood). Simple yet really well executed and refined, long lasting, kinda energizing. Not my cup of tea but surely among the best lemon based fragrances around.
07th July, 2011 (last edited: 05th August, 2011)

Add your review of Acqua Viva

Shop for Acqua Viva products online

Shop for Acqua Viva at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Acqua Viva

Member images of Acqua Viva

There are no member images of Acqua Viva yet. Why not be the first?