Acqua Viva (2007)

Acqua Viva information

Year of Launch2007

HouseProfumum

About Acqua Viva

Acqua Viva is a shared / unisex perfume by Profumum. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of Acqua Viva

Edit:
I was incorrect about the atomizer. (You have to take the foam inside the box that the fragrance nests in out, and underneath there is indeed an atomizer and a small funnel to help in decanting from the larger bottle into the roll on bottle). I was grateful to see the sprayer in there. I've now screwed on both sprayers and I've had no problems and no leaks so far. So glad the sprayers were included! I got a lot better longevity when I sprayed this fragrance on this time over just dabbing it on. I was struck once again by how enjoyable the fresh lemon scent of this frag was...beautiful

As everyone else has said, this is an absolutely beautiful fresh lemon fragrance that has a brilliant opening! I love the freshness and it makes me feel happy when that blast of lemon hits my senses. I must admit however that I expected a bit better longevity based on the reviews I've read on this one. I moisturized my skin before applying, to give this the best chance at longevity, and I just had to re-apply because it had disappeared completely after lasting about 5 hours total, and the last hour of that was such a close skin sent that it was pretty much non existent. I was hoping for the 8 to 10 hours I've heard some have gotten, especially for the price. This stuff isn't cheap, in fact it's overpriced if I'm going to have to keep re-applying throughout the day. I was also disappointed to see that the bottle is a splash, with no atomizer included. They do have a cool little roll on bottle tucked down inside the box that you can put some of the fragrance in to carry around for travel, but it's empty. :( For the price of this fragrance, I would have a appreciated that little roll on bottle being full of juice as well. Having said all of that, this really is a special scent, and I'm enjoying it immensely. It is far and away the best lemon fragrance I've ever smelled, and it brings positive feelings when worn. Because of the beauty, the smile factor, and the obvious overall quality of the product, I still give Aqua Viva a thumbs up.
17th April, 2016 (last edited: 29th April, 2016)
This fragrance finally achieved what many others could not: a strong citrus fragrance with good longevity, a lemon that stays fresh and lemony for hours without giving way to a base that changes its direction.

Apparently this has been an illusive goal for many perfumers, with Eau d'Hadrien coming close to achieving it, albeit with less longevity. Profumum nailed it here. This is lemony satisfaction in a form that will stay loyal to you all hot summer day.

The secret to this lemon longevity? I'm not sure, but perhaps something as simple as jacking up the concentration. It sprays oily like you spritzed essential oils on your skin, which comes close to justifying the price tag without actually justifying it.

There is a mild flowery softness that kicks in after the first few minutes, giving AV a slight sweetness, but it only serves to augment the realism of lemons. There's also a very mild earthy tone that just makes the concoction more endearing. The cedar and musk base doesn't make much of an appearance on my skin.

This just might be the perfect companion for hot humid summer days.
16th May, 2015
Opinion: One more incredible scent!! Acqua Viva is a high quality citrusy/aromatic/floral woody scent. Clean, bright, inoffensive, fresh, sparkling, one can smell the quality of amalfi lemon, here. The cypress is really nice, and the floral note is very beautiful here. The cedar is beautifully added here, too. I really find this fragrance to be delightful.

Now, it´s hard not to compare it to Eau d´Hadrien by Annick Goutal, but honestly, I find the latter only advantage to be price. Don´t get me wrong, I love Eau d´Hadrien, but honestly, Acqua Viva is richer, has better quality and (mostly) better performance. I´ve seen people stating that during the development they find some sweetness. Well, not on my skin.

A very well blended and refined fragrance!

Type/Gender: Unisex.

I consider Acqua Viva as fairly unisex, maybe leaning a bit toward feminine side.

Season and Purpose: Spring and Summer, good option for hotter Fall days.

Being clean and safe, this is a good fragrance for work, casual or even some formal occasions. Not ideal for dates, but could be a nice option for very hot days/nights.

Achilles heel: Although not overly expensive, compared to other houses, price is a bit "heavy".

Regarding Performance:

Sillage: 8.20
Projection: 8.10
Uniqueness: 8
Versatility: 8.25
--- Overall: 8.54

Would I buy it? Yes!

The price is a bit expensive (€190 = ~ $250) for 100 ml, but definitely worth the buy, for me.
06th September, 2014 (last edited: 04th January, 2015)
bejahu Show all reviews
A lemon-lover's delight. Acqua Viva opens with a incredibly authentic blast of fresh, tart and juicy lemon. Nothing synthetic-smelling about this one, it is fresh and delicious. The longevity is impressive, especially for a citrus-based fragrance. I'm getting 8-10 hours on my skin with this one, although in the final two hours it is more about the cedar than the fresh and bright lemon scent that dominates the rest of the dry down.

I love this stuff. I've been looking for a long-lasting citrus scent for a while now, and am delighted to have found Acqua Viva. If you enjoy the smell of real, fresh cut lemons, then this fragrance is definitely for you. The outstanding longevity is a bonus.

I most strongly recommend this one. Outstanding summer fragrance.
09th June, 2014
I'm a bit careworn when it comes to this fragrance. On the first topnote, it is, as everyone has said, a lemon-citrus fragrance. And it is indeed that. The lemon topnote stands out to everything else (so far as I can tell). While this does not seem to be a problem for most people it was a bit of a hangup for me. Some have mentioned household cleaner or something - how the topnotes don't smell like that, etc. And in one sense I agree, but in another I disagree. I agree that AV doesn't smell like, for example, Lemon Pledge, other than that they have a lemon scent in common. But in a way, I still feel like I've just cleaned the house with Lemon Pledge when I am wearing AV (when it comes to the topnotes, anyway). So, it's not that it smells like a household cleaner, it's just that I get the sense that I've been cleaning the kitchen or dusting or something.
Once the topnotes dry down, the smell is much more pleasant. The strong lemon smell dies down and the cedarwood takes a stronger note. This is the best part of AV IMO. The sillage seems to be average and the longevity is decent (several hours).
The big downside to this fragrance is the price. It's around 240$ or so for 100ml. And I just find that to be much too expensive for a citrus fragrance that you can get at a cheaper price (Acqua Classica, while the scent isn't as great as AV, is a 30$, 100Ml citrus fragrance). So, overall I would rather have something much cheaper and not quite as great. But that's just me. The price is probably the biggest factor in rating this neutral, otherwise it would have gotten a thumbs up from me.
12th November, 2011
Such a really refined and long-lasting citrusy fragrance!!
Lemon note is dominant, sparkling and bright. The drydown turns on cedarwood note, which is the most perceivable.
Acqua Viva by Profvmvm is one of the best citrus based fragrances I know and I bought it!
Just 2 things to say:
- very expensive fragrance
- its semi-oily texture, that makes it long lasting as well as all other fragrances of this brand
13th September, 2011