Vanitas (2008)

Vanitas information

Year of Launch2008

HouseProfumum

About Vanitas

Vanitas is a shared / unisex perfume by Profumum. The scent was launched in 2008

Vanitas fragrance notes

Reviews of Vanitas

Profumum Vanitas for me roughly falls into the category of "powdery vanilla" though there are some woody and floral elements as well. The note breakdown is allegedly quite simply: vanilla, myrrh, orange blossom and sandalwood.

So the floral comes from the orange blossom, woods from the sandalwood, and I'm left to believe that the sharp powderiness I detect is somehow and offshoot of the mix of orange blossom and myrrh. The vanilla is still front-and-center but it's an experience of vanilla that I seldom enjoy all that much, as it leaves me pining for a different expression of the note.

About as close as I've gotten to liking a powdery vanilla is in Guerlain Cuir Beluga, and Vanitas pushes the powdery floral aspect beyond Cuir Beluga. Regardless, you're relatively likely to like one if you like the other.

As expected, the performance is very high, as is the standard expectation of the Profumum Roma house by many. Certainly worthy of sampling if it sounds good.

6 out of 10
17th February, 2017
A sweet, light vanilla with not much depth and no woods to my nose. Perhaps slightly more feminine than masculine. Doesn't smell natural enough for me to recommend it.
11th June, 2015
I was silly and mixed this one up with Victrix (spicy & green) on a split. I was bummed when it came. I don't care for many vanillas and with its hyper sweet candy floss vanilla this is one of those. I gave it to my favorite lady and she digs it. It's such a thumper that I've had to ask her to dial it back a little... more than once.

So, red + green = yellow.
25th August, 2014
One of my favorite fragrances. It's sweet and very rich with vanilla. The lasting power with this is incredible. I get a caramel/chocolate note, but only if I put on alot.
21st March, 2012
If you're a fan of vanilla fragrances, I recommend trying Vanitas. A vanilla bomb that lingers for hours, maybe even days, with myrrh, sandalwood, and orange blossom. A bit of caution with it. This smells amazing from afar. It's not a fragrance to smell up close, it's just way too sweet and strong, you'll get a bubblegum vibe. As much as I like it, I find it better suited for women, and it's not complex enough (4 note fragrance) to keep me interested.
06th February, 2011
A many-faceted vanilla, with sweet chocolate notes balanced by bitter orange. l can't help but give this a positive rating as l really like it. However, for the price it needs to have much more sillage & longevity. lf you like vanilla l would say this is worth a try, but for me La Maison de la Vanille's fragrances are just as good, & much better value!
03rd February, 2011

Add your review of Vanitas

Shop for Vanitas products online

Shop for Vanitas at online perfumeries

Buy It Now for only: $11.99

Buy It Now for only: $29.99

Buy It Now for only: $58.99

Buy It Now for only: $87.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Profumum Roma - 6 ml original roll-on - Select fragrance and size..

End Date: Sunday Apr-7-2019 5:02:07 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $22.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Profumum Roma - 50 ml in ORIGINAL BOTTLE - Select your fragrance..

End Date: Sunday Apr-7-2019 5:22:42 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $139.00

Member images of Vanitas

There are no member images of Vanitas yet. Why not be the first?

Related forum threads