Unscripted (2008)

Unscripted information

Year of Launch2008

HousePatrick Dempsey

About Unscripted

Unscripted is a masculine fragrance by Patrick Dempsey. The scent was launched in 2008

Unscripted fragrance notes

Reviews of Unscripted

Oof. Pure mockery. This is one of the nicest scents of many experienced in the last half year. For 30 taunting minutes, that is. Would be great for persons sufficiently obsessed to haul it along and continue spraying wherever they go. Great if one needs to make an immediate olfactory statement within 30 minutes, otherwise all goes to naught.
15th May, 2014
Unscripted is very masculine and very woodsy. I was almost taken aback by how much the woods dominate in this fragrance.

Upon first application, Unscripted is rather strong. However when it begins to settle it smells like pencil shavings and pepper. I surprisingly like this combination as I find it quite unique and interesting.

The fig in the heart is rather pretty, however the thick, resinous quality of the woods doesn't allow the fig and lavendar notes to shine or take over.

The drydown is quite earthy and musky, relatively natural smelling to my nose. I'm a huge fan of patchouli, so the note in this fragrance does not bother me with its prominence, although for some it may.

Patrick Dempsey as seen on Grey's Anatomy doesn't suit this ruggedly masculine fragrance, however the way in which he has been portrayed through the advertising images for Unscripted; unshaven and fierce looking, captures the essence of the scent itself. In other words, this fragrance would suit a strong man that embraces his sexuality.

If you're not bothered by this fragrance's poor lasting power and genuinely love the scent, I'd see no reason as to why you shouldn't go out and buy it.

30th June, 2011
shamu1 Show all reviews
I'm batting 1000 with these Avon fragrances so far. Avon has really stepped up their game during the past few years. I now own five of them - Wild Country, Black Suede, Signature, Driven, and now Unscripted - and they're all excellent. Unscripted is one of the bolder fragrances of the group.

Fans of woody spicy scents should like this a lot. I guess I'd call it a light woody oriental, because I can smell a little sweetness from amber in the base. However, this is a pretty dry, peppery scent. It's not particularly original, but it smells great. It starts off very peppery and spicy, mellows out into a dry woody smell (cedar), then dries down to spice and dark, tea-like vetiver. It smells very masculine, and longevity is good, about 8 hours on my skin. Sillage however is very restrained. This is a scent that wears very close to the skin, so don't expect a powerhouse here. You can apply this liberally without offending anyone.

Avon is called "The Company for Women", and I've heard that they release men's fragrances with the hope that women will buy them for their husbands or boyfriends. Well, they certainly nailed it with this one. My wife has very discerning perfume tastes, and she likes it a lot, saying it smells very sexy. What more needs to be said?

MY RATING: 8/10
14th March, 2011
came off peppery then a little soapy and then just faded away to nothing. it was gone as soon as it came. nothing special here.
07th February, 2010
What a shame, the notes sounded so promising, so much stuff i like.
peppercorn, cardamon, fig, patchouly/musk.
However the imo very strong violet and maybe also the vertiver are ruining it for me.
Its a very well executed fragrance and I especially recommend it to NR for him lovers but definitely not for me.
26th January, 2010
Huge cracked pepper, coriander, lively, lavender, long lasting.

This is my favorite so far of my stack of Avon samples. The black pepper is almost overwhelming at first but eventually tames to a dull roar. In the middle I detect coriander seed, one of my favorite spices. The lavender is still noticeable after 24 hours. I'm a big fan of lavender as it is floral without being "girly". I actually use it a lot in cooking for a "Herbes De Provence" vibe.
09th December, 2009

Add your review of Unscripted

Shop for Unscripted products online

Search Amazon for Unscripted

Member images of Unscripted

There are no member images of Unscripted yet. Why not be the first?