DKNY Men (New) (2009)

PerfumerHarry Fremont
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances

About DKNY Men (New)

DKNY Men (New) is a masculine fragrance by Donna Karan. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Harry Fremont and Alberto Morillas

Reviews of DKNY Men (New)

Simply put, this is Gucci by Gucci (bottles even look similar, one probably inspired the other) but with WAY more woods.

Cedar is the dominant note here. Typically I like cedarm but in this case, it just doesn't blend very well with the iris. The result is a somewhat sour woody/musky smell, with an inky undertone.

I only bought a small bottle, but I gave it away. Yuck!
04th October, 2017
I strongly disagree some harsh comments here. DKNY Men (2009) has been in my collection since launched, today I got my 4th bottle and it is a great fragrance. I agree it indeed smells like a business meeting in Manhattan. It may have calone, but it doesn't mean it's bad. It does not smell like Acqua di Gio, or Bvlgari Aqva/Marine. If a comparison needed, I would go for Mont Blanc Legend, A&F Fierce or Fierce Confidence. There could be more scents similar to this but still for price/quality it is more than satisfying. I do get ozonic tones but not metallic, more peppery and sharp opening shortly softens after initial spray. One of my favorites, and highly advised for those to blind buy an office-safe, attractive, day/night scent.

Longevity: Moderate in 2-3 sprays. If you add one or two more, lasts 6-8 hours easy

Projection: Good

Sillage: Moderate
04th July, 2017
Salutation.

Dkny Men 2009 is at the same time soft,spicy,chic and decicively masculine.it has character and matches the advertisement campaigen perfectly.Aromatic,Elegant, Woody,Seductive,Clean,Urban,Fresh and long lasting scent.

it opening with fresh green citrusy and clary sage then pepper interplays and softness the composition a little along with an understated aquatic note due of violet leaf and aromatic notes of cardamom. while the dry down is a soft woody notes of cedar and crisp vetiver.this vetiver is very earthy and soft accented by cedar which only further the notion of earth.

This EDT is soft but bold enough to state your presence.The scent is perfect for spring and autumn in office.I imagined a businessman drinking a cup of coffe at home in a casual outfit and writing a review about Dkny Men 2009!

Sillage?Graceful.

Longevity?7 hours on my skin.

15th May, 2015 (last edited: 12th January, 2016)
Genre: Woods

Calone bomb indeed! The pyramid given above is incomplete. It should read: “CALONE, Bergamot, CALONE, Mandarin, CALONE, Sage, CALONE…”

Why isn’t the Calone listed? Maybe Calone has become so commonplace that we are to assume every masculine fragrance contains at least a gallon of it. In any case, none of the other listed notes are detectable under the tidal wave of melony cucumber/aquatic Calone until the drydown, which features a banal cedar-like woody amber. In the light of the recent re-release of Chaos and Fuel, DKNY Men is a pointless gesture. A waste of a perfectly good glass bottle.
12th June, 2014
A good quality copy

The moment I put it on my wrist I realised it is a complete rip off of AdG, Bvlgari Aqua and maybe a bit of Marine version of it. I understand it's not easy, the market is saturated with a lot of creations etc., but to shamelessly "create" a copy? Oh it's a good quality alright, refined even I dare say. DKNY - make your own Pour Homme, even if it's bad, somehow wrong or unpleasant it doesn't matter, but make your own.

Pros: quality, refined, longevity, projection
Cons: a copy
03rd May, 2014 (last edited: 07th September, 2016)
Calone bomb

Peppery high ozonic aquatic scent for the sportive and younger men
I used it a lot after shower in Spain on vacation and i used a lot of sprays to get some sillage.
Its a calone bomb as it produces the olfactory effect of a fresh seashore through intense marine and ozone notes, with slight floral overtones.

I like it in summertime when you want to feel fresh after a hot day at the beach and you want to stroll down the boulevard

Not groundbreaking but none offensive.

Pros: Light and women like it
Cons: Generic, smells like other scents"

23rd August, 2013

Add your review of DKNY Men (New)

Shop for DKNY Men (New) products online

Search Amazon for DKNY Men (New)

Member images of DKNY Men (New)

There are no member images of DKNY Men (New) yet. Why not be the first?