James Bronnley Gentlemen's Eau de Toilette
    by Bronnley

Reviews of James Bronnley Gentlemen's Eau de Toilette

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 6 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

guisto11's avatar
    guisto11

Very light and pleasant for every day wear. This is how the company describes it:
    "top notes of bergamot, Italian lemon and neroli give way to a herbal and mossy heart. A wild mint twist adds a subtle freshness complemented by a woody base of amber, cedar and vetivert."
    I couldn't put it better myself and for the price well worth it.

28 January, 2014

JackTwist's avatar
    JackTwist

This reminds me very much of 4711 - powdery citrus. Very pleasant and rather chic.

Also reminiscent of the best of the Mediterranean citrus scents, Acqua di Parma, and Borsari's Acqua Colonia.

Quite affordable too. Worth the investment - a very nice summer scent.

20th September, 2012

Francolino's avatar
    Francolino

this really smells of English melancholic late summer evenings

20th July, 2012 (Last Edited: 24 January, 2013)

shamu1's avatar
    shamu1

"Gentleman's Cologne" is right - this is an extremely refined scent. This is simply a lovely dry, very green floral cologne that smells like a light green floral chypre.

What I particularlly love about this is how it manages to sustain the green essence of lime, well past the opening. It dries down to a gentle dry base of oakmoss and coumarin. Very subtle spicy and wood notes can be detected in the background throughout it's development, like a smell that is way off in the distance.

This is beautifully crafted, and I'm impressed with how everything is handled with a light hand, resulting in a truly lovely scent. This is the definition of timeless and classic.

MY RATING: 8.5/10

18 July, 2012

cheshiredave1's avatar
    cheshiredave1

I'm adding this as hardly anyone else has done so at this stage.
    I can sum this up pretty easily. A weaker, but very good copy of Acqua di Parma, original version. Very pleasant, nothing repulsive. I don't thinkm it will last too long, but neither does ADP.
    Don't rely too much on my review as, despite my obsession, I don't have a super-sharp sense of smell and there might be other things hiding away in there, but the i nitial hit is very ADP.

Tried out 2 or 3 times in a department store. I'd buy it at half price, but not at full price.

UPDATE: "A refined and classic fragrance, with natural toning properties. Seville Oranges blend with bergamot, exotic spices and fresh aromatic herbs, resting on a base of rich cedar and mosses." From the interweb.

05 February, 2012

bbBD's avatar
    bbBD

I found a bottle of this fragrance - sealed in a box - at a local yard sale and picked it up for a couple bucks. Without any expectations I was pleasantly surprised. It a traditional, very proper fougere that exudes British-ness. It's quite a bit powdery and not particularly strong. By way of comparison I'd say it's something like Dior Jules but toned down and without the strong herbal topnotes. I will definitely wear this for formal occasions, especially those that require me to be outside in any sort of heat. I can't say it's worth hunting down this fragrance, but don't pass it up if you run into a bottle at a yard sale!

18 March, 2009