James Bronnley Gentlemen's Eau de Toilette
by Bronnley

James Bronnley Gentlemen's Eau de Toilette information

HouseBronnley

About James Bronnley Gentlemen's Eau de Toilette

James Bronnley Gentlemen's Eau de Toilette is a masculine fragrance by Bronnley.

James Bronnley Gentlemen's Eau de Toilette fragrance notes

Reviews of James Bronnley Gentlemen's Eau de Toilette

Very light and pleasant for every day wear. This is how the company describes it:
"top notes of bergamot, Italian lemon and neroli give way to a herbal and mossy heart. A wild mint twist adds a subtle freshness complemented by a woody base of amber, cedar and vetivert."
I couldn't put it better myself and for the price well worth it.
28th January, 2014
This reminds me very much of 4711 - powdery citrus. Very pleasant and rather chic.

Also reminiscent of the best of the Mediterranean citrus scents, Acqua di Parma, and Borsari's Acqua Colonia.

Quite affordable too. Worth the investment - a very nice summer scent.
20th September, 2012
this really smells of English melancholic late summer evenings
20th July, 2012 (last edited: 24th January, 2013)
shamu1 Show all reviews
"Gentleman's Cologne" is right - this is an extremely refined scent. This is simply a lovely dry, very green floral cologne that smells like a light green floral chypre.

What I particularlly love about this is how it manages to sustain the green essence of lime, well past the opening. It dries down to a gentle dry base of oakmoss and coumarin. Very subtle spicy and wood notes can be detected in the background throughout it's development, like a smell that is way off in the distance.

This is beautifully crafted, and I'm impressed with how everything is handled with a light hand, resulting in a truly lovely scent. This is the definition of timeless and classic.

MY RATING: 8.5/10
18th July, 2012
I'm adding this as hardly anyone else has done so at this stage.
I can sum this up pretty easily. A weaker, but very good copy of Acqua di Parma, original version. Very pleasant, nothing repulsive. I don't thinkm it will last too long, but neither does ADP.
Don't rely too much on my review as, despite my obsession, I don't have a super-sharp sense of smell and there might be other things hiding away in there, but the i nitial hit is very ADP.

Tried out 2 or 3 times in a department store. I'd buy it at half price, but not at full price.

UPDATE: "A refined and classic fragrance, with natural toning properties. Seville Oranges blend with bergamot, exotic spices and fresh aromatic herbs, resting on a base of rich cedar and mosses." From the interweb.
05th February, 2012
bbBD Show all reviews
I found a bottle of this fragrance - sealed in a box - at a local yard sale and picked it up for a couple bucks. Without any expectations I was pleasantly surprised. It a traditional, very proper fougere that exudes British-ness. It's quite a bit powdery and not particularly strong. By way of comparison I'd say it's something like Dior Jules but toned down and without the strong herbal topnotes. I will definitely wear this for formal occasions, especially those that require me to be outside in any sort of heat. I can't say it's worth hunting down this fragrance, but don't pass it up if you run into a bottle at a yard sale!
18th March, 2009

Add your review of James Bronnley Gentlemen's Eau de Toilette

Shop for James Bronnley Gentlemen's Eau de Toilette products online

Search Amazon for James Bronnley Gentlemen's Eau de Toilette

Member images of James Bronnley Gentlemen's Eau de Toilette

There are no member images of James Bronnley Gentlemen's Eau de Toilette yet. Why not be the first?