Notre Flore Cedre (2007)

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 21 ratings

Notre Flore Cedre information

Notre Flore Cedre is a unisex fragrance by L'Occitane. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of Notre Flore Cedre

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

doloresmae's avatar

A long standing favourite of mine - this begins with a fresh, herbaceous burst of citrus that cheers me to the core and develops to an almost edible central bite of floral and woody notes.
    By the end of the day, the true warmth of the cedar and a hint of tonka has left it's mark on my skin. truly delicious and very seductive on men and women.

Showering in the evening after using this will heat up those middle notes and bring them to life again - divine!

21st January, 2012

Harvitz81's avatar

A little citrus in the opening and then this one pretty much becomes an interplay between cedar and tobacco leaf. Back and forth they go throughout and I find it pretty linear from the heart to the base. Pretty basic, but overall a very nice offering. Not sure if FBW, but definitely worth checking out.

01st December, 2011

The cedar in Notre Flore Cedre is very nice, but I don’t care for the tobacco leaf mixed with it – it gives an off smell to the cedar IMO. I can pick up the conflict between the two as soon as the fragrance hits my skin. I wish that the cedar had kept back for a while because the mix of tobacco and caraway sounds interesting, but I couldn’t separate out the caraway in the accord as long as the cedar note was there. The L’Occitane site lists “woody juice” in the middle notes; I don’t smell any wood; I wonder if they mean “sap” because there is a fresh green note in there somewhere that I don’t identify as cedar. I’m not sure of the sillage, but a decent longevity doesn't come through for me.

07th May, 2010

TropiRock's avatar

Top Notes: Grapefruit, wood sap
    Middle Notes: Cumin, Tobacco Leaves
    Base Notes: Cedar, Tonka Bean

The opening is somewhat dry with a definite citrus, woody essence. Not sweet at all, very masculine, very natural. The citrus starts to fade within an hour or so, leaving that delicious wood fragrance to dominate. Sweetens just the smallest bit on drydown, but the warm, dry cedar remains. I get a hint of a grassy note (maybe vetiver, though not listed) that definitely reminds me of a sweet, dried hay. That sort of smell reminds me of my childhood long ago, playing in my older sister’s large haybarn on a hot summer day. It is all good and if you want a non-feminine, woody cologne this would be a good choice. Very classy, very unusual and high quality. Not cloying at all, sillage is good enough and longevity is great.

21st March, 2010

SirScent's avatar

I Asked my vendor for something with balsam notes and I tried Notre Flore Cedre.
    Although it appeared a little sweet on top it settled into a true cedar that lasts, at least for me.
    I think this may be a little heavy for some and it appears to vary on different folks. (initially smells very floral on some). I recommend trying first and waiting a good half hour. Hopefully if you like cedar you'll like this. For those that remember Brownstone by Paul Sabastian, this evokes those cedar memories for me and is much easier to obtain since it is still in production.

08th March, 2010

JonB's avatar

Probably not what you would expect. Very simple. Fairly sweet. Actually comes off more feminine than masculine. Needs a bit more complexity and a top. Needs some brightness IMO.

17th January, 2010

Add your review of Notre Flore Cedre

Member images of Notre Flore Cedre

There are no member images of Notre Flore Cedre yet. Why not be the first?