Mistero (2008)

Mistero Fragrance Notes

Mistero information

Mistero is a men's fragrance by Calé. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of Mistero

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

Darvant's avatar

Cale' Fragranze d'Autore Mistero is one of those fragrances which I've found shocking for the surprising impact on my. I didn't expect it, this fragrance is simply amazing and I have to say it has easily jumped in a while in my "wish list top 5". Mistero is the third amazing Cale' I've the pleasure "to savour" after Preludio d'Oriente and Fulgor. An amazing boozy-spicy accord of oud (absolutely subtle and masterly appointed), standout saffron and liquorous rhubarb with a core rich of spiciness, aromatic patterns and subtle floral notes and a dry down absolutely mossy and woody with a subtle vetiver presence. The Maurizio Cerizza's masterwork is an olfactory poetry full of elegy and mystery. I use to crave for the note of rhubarb which is in this case masterly combined in to a boozy-spicy and barely minty accord full of exoticism and performing in a surprisingly balanced and delicate way despite the plenty of spices, resins and deep moss. There is an astonishing subtle floral-woody sophistication in the air which is something of indescribable beauty. It seems the basmati rise joined with soft musk and "creamy" (figgy-like) woods provide a touch of soapy/woody "cosmetical" enlightening modern undertone which is anyway paired (and joined) by a mysterious old floral/mossy chypre subtle undertone (old Fendi, V&A, Krizia and vintage pearls hidden in the past jump on mind). I don't detect smokiness while detect mild rounding tobacco combined with rum, rhubarb, realistic purified vetiver, woods (guaiac wood?) and mint in to a sort of exotic olfactory woody magic. I see the Idole's (and also Etro Sandalo's and Fissore's Cashmere for Men) vibe but while the Lubin's creation is more leaning over the richly spicy/leathery/burnt sugar side Mistero is softer, woodier and more finally mossy boise. I just can recommend to anybody loving woodiness, boozy exoticism and romanticism to purchase this hidden gem from a brand that is astonishing me more and more.

13 July, 2014

Caltha's avatar

Sweden Sweden

I got this mostly for the rhubarb note, which I only detect for a second straight upon application. From the list of notes, this sounds like a pretty common fruity fresh modern masculine fragrance (rum and rhubarb, haven't we been there before?). However, it turns out intriguingly smoky and savory, a bit like a really smoky vetiver with the added warmth and sweetness of tonka bean adding an almost barbeque air. None of these notes are present according to the list though. I suppose the smoky-savory effect might be a result of the spices, woods and musk but I can't pick out individual notes except for a hint of mint that's slightly less fleeting than the millisecond appearance of rhubarb.

03 August, 2012

sin_is_in's avatar

Germany Germany

This smells a lot like Coeur de Vetiver Sacré but with less of the metallic vetiver/tea note, instead this smells more like rice powder. I can't detect any single note here though, it's all mashed together in one smoky powdery cloud. I like the way it reads but
    the outcome of it all is boring and unpleasant IMO. It doesn't "go" anywhere. The first sniff is not impressing and the development of doesn't reveal anything captivating, it just literally dries down. If one could actually smell rum and mint it would be much nicer.

15 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 27 March, 2012)

alfarom's avatar

Mistero breaks in with an interesting accord of oud, saffron and rhuburb surrounded by an aromatic vibe (basmati?). What an opening!!! It then evolves into a boozy, woody and somehow spicy drydown that shares too many similarities with Idole De Lubin (except that Mistero lacks the leather). A well crafted composition that's dark, misterious and enjoyable yet, I see no reasons to get this instead of Idole. Pricey!

Positive rating because, despite the "clone-drydown", it smells good.

20th August, 2011