Artisan (2009)

PerfumerRodrigo Flores-Roux
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchShiseido > ZIC Corp

About Artisan

Artisan is a masculine fragrance by John Varvatos. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Rodrigo Flores-Roux

Reviews of Artisan

Well, on this one I don't have anything new to add... It's pretty much been stated in a lot of previous reviews...just to echo...starts out promising with a juicy/fresh/aromatic burst of awesome orange smell...quickly turns somewhat generic/synthetic musky wood smelling with a little touch of orange flower/blossom, and then...poof!!!!...disappears, hardly even a skin scent left...I honestly get maybe an hour tops out of this...disappointing as it does start out promising, and then it's downhill from there...
Aromatic Citrus Ghost
01st April, 2016
Smells like Versace Dreamer and Burberry Weekend mixed together. Horrible longevity(barely any, but strong all at once, then fades) :(. Almost smells like Play Doh. Not gross, but not purchasable(unless it's pennies).(I was lespritz on here till my email got hacked. :()
15th February, 2016
Synthetic orange in a wicker basket, then the orange is gone 20 minutes later, and your left with a mild wicker basket smell. Nice smelling for 10 minutes then pointless.
04th December, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
A pleasant mandarin citrus opening with a kitchen herb note leads to a somewhat exotic drydown, dominated by gentle spices and floral impressions. The base has a woodsy flavor. Never exciting, this is a nice, solidly crafted scent with decent sillage and projection on my skin, but an abysmal longevity - no, shortevity on me of two hours. Nevertheless, pleasant it is.
13th January, 2015
Smells like Versace Dreamer and Burberry Weekend mixed together. Horrible longevity(barely any) :(. Almost smells like Play Doh. Not gross, but not purchasable(unless it's pennies).
26th May, 2014
This was given to my husband as a gift. It made the rounds at our gathering and got the approving oohs and ahhs of a delightful fragrance-- I fear I'm the only person who doesn't like it!

It is incredibly feminine, so much so that I came online tonight to google and PROVE to my husband that he was wearing a perfume intended for women! (He wears it despite the many times I've told him how I feel.)

I'm floored to see that I was wrong and that it is indeed meant for men (though I can't even imagine what type). To me, this smells like an older woman and not in a good, sultry, experienced way. It's more like a 'Hey, Y'all! I'm Paula Deen!" attention grabbing sort of way with a big fake and bright white smile.

I sincerely fear for my husband's masculinity.
06th April, 2014

Add your review of Artisan

Shop for Artisan products online

Shop for Artisan at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Artisan

Member images of Artisan

There are no member images of Artisan yet. Why not be the first?