Artisan (2009)

PerfumerRodrigo Flores-Roux
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchShiseido > ZIC Corp

About Artisan

Artisan is a masculine fragrance by John Varvatos. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Rodrigo Flores-Roux

Reviews of Artisan

Mmmm, What a lovely clementine - I mean cologne. It's not really clementine, it's more like a mandarin tree was grafted to a pomelo & orange hybrid then the product was genetically merged with lavender by mad scientists because why the hell not. What you get is really good. You know when you have the first whiff of a mock orange blossom and it smells so good because it's fresh, fruity yet floral, and zesty. I like that.

After the head note fades from the spotlight you begin to notice the complimenting scents of jasmine and other herbals, but why should I talk about them when I can talk about the clementine scent. Ah, clementine. I love the floral citrus scents. They remind me of when I was I child and I went picking them from my Uncle's tree.

I rate this Clementine out of 10.
15th February, 2017
Well, on this one I don't have anything new to add... It's pretty much been stated in a lot of previous reviews...just to echo...starts out promising with a juicy/fresh/aromatic burst of awesome orange smell...quickly turns somewhat generic/synthetic musky wood smelling with a little touch of orange flower/blossom, and then...poof!!!!...disappears, hardly even a skin scent left...I honestly get maybe an hour tops out of this...disappointing as it does start out promising, and then it's downhill from there...
Aromatic Citrus Ghost
01st April, 2016
Smells like Versace Dreamer and Burberry Weekend mixed together. Horrible longevity(barely any, but strong all at once, then fades) :(. Almost smells like Play Doh. Not gross, but not purchasable(unless it's pennies).(I was lespritz on here till my email got hacked. :()
15th February, 2016
Synthetic orange in a wicker basket, then the orange is gone 20 minutes later, and your left with a mild wicker basket smell. Nice smelling for 10 minutes then pointless.
04th December, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
A pleasant mandarin citrus opening with a kitchen herb note leads to a somewhat exotic drydown, dominated by gentle spices and floral impressions. The base has a woodsy flavor. Never exciting, this is a nice, solidly crafted scent with decent sillage and projection on my skin, but an abysmal longevity - no, shortevity on me of two hours. Nevertheless, pleasant it is.
13th January, 2015
Smells like Versace Dreamer and Burberry Weekend mixed together. Horrible longevity(barely any) :(. Almost smells like Play Doh. Not gross, but not purchasable(unless it's pennies).
26th May, 2014

Add your review of Artisan

Shop for Artisan products online

Search Amazon for Artisan

Member images of Artisan

There are no member images of Artisan yet. Why not be the first?