Musc Nomade (2008)

Based on 81 ratings

Musc Nomade Fragrance notes

Angelica, Amber, Musk, Tonka Bean, Labdanum, Papyrus, Rose, Patchouli

Musc Nomade information

Musc Nomade is a unisex fragrance by Annick Goutal. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by Isabelle Doyen / Camille Goutal

Shop for Musc Nomade products online

100ml EdP
    $165.61*
    100ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 99.00)

Reviews of Musc Nomade

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.

gmstrack's avatar

This is a sad, sad day. After a long day at work, I arrived at home to find a delivered package containing Musc Nomade and Ambre Fetiche. With a wagging tail I tore open the package and eagerly applied Musc Nomade to my wrist and started huffing away. Snort. Snort. WTF? Snort. Oh no. I am not able to smell parts of this composition. The musc note is incredibly faint and I think Iím detecting ambrette, but otherwise only pale amber with a touch of chicken soup fades in and out. As such, I will refrain from rating Musc Nomade because, sob, I just canít smell it! Take my advice: do not blind buy Musc Nomade!!!!

Next day edit: OK, this is completely perplexing, but now I think I can smell the composition. The musc is almost a texture, not a discernable note. Iím finding the MN experience very subtle and almost spooky. Itís like the ghost of someoneís flesh lingers in the air, but it is difficult to really describe what that flesh smells like; itís sort of like a faded memory that keeps snuggling with you. This is hands down the creepiest review Iíve written and Iím going to stop typing now.

Two days later: Yes, I can definately smell blackberry-musc accord, but the problem is that I need to dump half the bottle on my head to detect the whole composition.

Final verdict: MN is a unique, comforting musc with an almost haunting beauty. It is, however, wimpy beyond belief.

07 April, 2013

flathorn's avatar

My lack of connection with this one doesn't have to do with price or indifference. It's a conflict with one of the notes. I react to many of the Goutals in the same way, so assume it is a signature chemical note or accord used by this house.
    It turned sour and slightly gassy on me within a few minutes, making it altogether un-lovely.
    As usual, I attribute it to a synthetic allergy on my part. It may be a lovely fragrance, well-done, etc. but I have no way of knowing. It's a decided thumbs-down for me.

02 October, 2012

cheryl's avatar

This is lovely. But I confess, I cannot always smell it. It hovers just inside then outside my perceptual field and on some days...is vanished. It reminds me a bit of pastry, dog paws and cat fur. A milky translucent slightly sweet spiced animalic dimension gives this "white" musk its character. A skin scent. A bit haunting, but maybe only to those of us who are not detecting the whole composition.

13 June, 2012

blood-orange's avatar

Musk is a note that I am unfortunately anosmic to. Every now and then I capture wafts of it, but as soon as it appears, it's gone again.

Musc Nomade, from what I have managed to smell, is a nice blend of musky woods and milk. It's more soothing than anything else. I would probably wear Musc Nomade as a bed-time scent, as it is something that would keep me feeling snuggly and warm.

This fragrance isn't as spicy or as oriental as I expected it to be. Musc Nomade is the tamest of the four in the Les Orientalistes series, yet no less superior.

Clean and pretty, there's a sense of sensuous silkiness that pleases me greatly. For those that hold Narciso Rodriguez in such high esteem, should experience musk at its very best as it is represented in this fragrance.

I want to say animalic musk, however I refrain from doing so, because while it is sexy, it doesn't seem like the perfect remedy to rouse up the beast inside of us. For that fact alone, Musc Nomade is categorised by me as being a clean, white musk with a touch of woods.

However you perceive this fragrance, you are sure to agree that this is a wonderful interpretation of musk, having a wonderful versatility to be worn by both men and women alike.

22 March, 2012

jtd's avatar

I always wonder about this one. Itís made with a large serving of muscone, a musk with high molecular weight. Apparently the musks to which people are anosmic are these large ones. What does this smell like to them? To me itís lovely.

My take on MN is that it has the softness and rounded fruity sweetness of the non-threatening wing of musk fragrances, ďwhite musks, ď but also the complexity over time that the beastier musks have. This is more baby skin than rank armpit. There is a little of the waxy quality common to some musks, but the note that really fixes itself to the sweetness is the booziness. Booze and baby-skin. If thatís not enough complexity, consider therapy.

Once into the basenotes, MN wears close to the skin but also loses some sweetness, becoming a bit woody. MNís drydown has a long trajectory and traces of woody berry sweetness drift up to your nose 12 hours after applying it. I love that this has the happy-happy angles of the clean musks, but the complexity-without-skank of the heavier musks. I keep wedging MN between the two ends of the musk spectrum that Iím positing, and I shouldnít. If anything, the center area that MN seems to occupy shows that moderation can be a smart and definitive choice and not just a compromise.

A great scent for SoCal dry summer nights.

11th December, 2010 (Last Edited: 16 February, 2011)

MFJ's avatar

Absolutely love this composition. This is rather light and breezy compared to the other 3 from the Les Orientalistes releases. There is a very pleasant woody, floral and resinous undertone that has been put together exceptionally well to compliment the clean musk. Nothing dirty about this one at all, the civet is pretty tame, but still noticeable in a transparent-like manner.

07 January, 2010 (Last Edited: 22 March, 2010)

Add your review of Musc Nomade

• Time Left: 18 days
    Annick Goutal Musc Nomade Perfumed Body Cream 150ml
    • Time Left: 29 days
    (* converted from AUD 23.95) Ebay United States
    (Shipping from Hong Kong)
    Annick Goutal Musc Nomade 3.4oz Eau De Parfum Cologne Spray Men (Unboxed), New