Wink (2009)

Average Rating:

Wink information

Wink is a women's fragrance by Lily Pulitzer. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of Wink

Showing 1 to of 1 reviews.

exciter76's avatar

Prepare to get intoxicated on the scent of this rose-flavored alcoholic confection. I swear I would order this dandy up at my local watering hole on a balmy Spring-—or Autumn if you live on the West Coast-—afternoon, lounging around with a couple of friends on the smoking patio. The more I think of it the more I dare my local barkeep to create a fluffy pink confection where rose syrup and vodka are the main ingredients. Yeah, a drink, but not a perfume.

This drink concoction is what one has to look forward to upon first spray of Lilly Pulitzer’s Wink. It is roses and booze. But there is an olfactory pay-off, I swear. Once the pink confectionary element fades away the lily and freesia come in to save the day and justify this as a fragrance and not a dismissive passing fancy. It is a casually romantic bouquet of flowers, akin to the bouquets sent to simply remind our lovers we were thinking of them on a Wednesday and nothing more. Be mindful, this is NOT the anniversary/birthday/Valentine’s Day bouquet of roses. If that is what you are seeking, Bvgari Rose Essentielle is more your calling.

My biggest complaint with this fragrance is its inability to last. It just does not last long enough to allow anyone to enjoy its supposed amber and musk base. If sprayed on clothing it lasts but it still does not give off much in the way of base notes; imagine being told there will be dessert and yet, no dessert! It is a bit of a disappointment but not enough to write this one off. It remains a satisfying, casual rose fragrance.

10th December, 2011

Add your review of Wink

Member images of Wink

There are no member images of Wink yet. Why not be the first?