Habit Rouge Sport (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseGuerlain
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Habit Rouge Sport

Habit Rouge Sport is a masculine fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2009

Habit Rouge Sport fragrance notes

Reviews of Habit Rouge Sport

Opens with a combination of fruity citrus notes and a simple, clean and ethereal jasmine accord. Somehow it manages to smell masculine, and I'm perfectly comfortable wearing it. The drydown reminds me of Dior Homme as I pick up on a sort of powdery, vanilla-backed iris and musk with a bit of a dandified character. More elegant than suggested by its 'Sport' label but still a nice, breezy wear, well suited for daytime activities and work. Sillage is impressive for this relatively light scent and longevity falls between 6 and 8 hours. Thumbs up.
24th January, 2017
Winter is finally in effect in my part of the U.S. So, I started my yearly fragrance rotation. And there it was: Habit Rouge Sport, one of my neglected frag children. I purchased it a few years ago at Guerlain in Las Vegas, pretty much on impulse and curiousity because I had never seen it anywhere else. Initially, I liked it mildly, as a novelty almost. It went into my closet and was forgotten. So, tonight I took it out, tried again, and realized this is somewhat of a barbershop-like fragrance in the family of Rive Gauche! I'm into barbershop fragrances at the moment and this was a pleasant surprise. It has the powdery, floral vibe of Grafton, Mr Taylor's and Rive Gauche, but then takes a detour into a Dior-like waxy, lipstick undertone. Unique and pleasant! Part of the joy of having a weird fragrance hobby is re-discovering fragrances. I'm thinking of layering this with Mr Taylor's of Old Bond Street to go full barbershop. My only qualm with HR Sport is that it is a bit one-dimensional in the talc-like dry down.
17th January, 2017 (last edited: 21st January, 2017)

Well, it is related to the renowned Habit Rouge. Habit Rouge Sport opens with a fresh green (bamboo) / citrus (bitter orange) / berry accord. The accord is light and clean and there’s enough of a light powder in the background to remind one of its paternal ancestry. There is also enough powder to challenge its label as a sport fragrance.

The heart note is listed as jasmine, and a clean and clear jasmine it is, as it mixes with the remnants of the opening. I think the fragrance loses a little strength with this floral aspect. Besides the slight loss of sillage, the almost-straight jasmine note again puts into question as to why this was labled as a sport fragrance.

The base is basically a wood accord of patchouli and lighter wood notes, joined with an light musk. Although the base strikes me as adequately masculine, I’m not sure that it works as a sport fragrance.

Habit Rouge Sport is an ok fragrance: It’s simple, nicely constructed, performs well, smells nice. Perhaps it’s too simple… as if it’s missing something. One of the things it’s missing is “sportyness,” but it certainly is an ok fragrance.
22nd December, 2016
Habit Rouge Sport is slightly similar to Habit Rouge L'eau to my nose, at least in the first 10 mins or so. It morphs into a nice floral scent but a manly floral for sure. Like others have mentioned it has nice longevity and projection. I would say 2 or 3 sprays will last you 5 to 6 hours with it lingering close to 7 hours. As far as the scent itself I get the citrus at the beginning and the Jasmine soon after. The dry down is woody and musky not sure about the patchouli (at least on me). A solid scent from Guerlain for sure. Enjoy!
11th May, 2016 (last edited: 12th May, 2016)
A "Sport" fragrance like no other...

This is a wonderfully fresh, alternate take on the original Habit Rouge. I certainly like it! Whereas the original had a lot of leather and quite a lot of vanilla, this still keeps the rose and vanilla, but adds jasmine, bitter orange and bamboo. All of which give it a fresh and altogether different take on the original.

The other one could sometimes come across as ostentatious and a little "dusty". There is none of that here. It's like a fresh citrus and green backbone that centres the fragrance and around which the other notes revolve. There are all the key ingredients of the previous fragrance, but toned down in places, and with a couple of extra touches to give it a different edge.

I would recommend this one to fans of the original, but I think the floral nature on display here means that if you can stand this, then in time, you could probably take on the original. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive of each other. This may be a toned down version of Habit Rouge, but it keeps it's character enough to see the resemblance. Really nice stuff from Thierry Wasser.
25th April, 2016
First of all, this scent never discontinued! Sold in shops and in Guerlain official site.In my opinion this fragrance is one of the best winter sport scents,i wish never reformulated and discontinued!
12th July, 2015