Fat Electrician (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseEtat Libre d'Orange
PerfumerAntoine Maisondieu

About Fat Electrician

Fat Electrician is a shared / unisex perfume by Etat Libre d'Orange. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Maisondieu

Fat Electrician fragrance notes

Reviews of Fat Electrician

It's taken me quite some time to come around to this one, as vetiver-centric scents are typically not my thing.

Having said that, this is a wonderful, unique fragrance. The vetiver is grassy and rooty and unadorned. There was no effort to make it smooth or suave...the best description would be "rooty".

After the initial blast comes the creamy centre, and it makes up for all its rawness. There are several notes listed, but FE is essentially vetiver + vanilla.

TS from "The Guide" sums it up nicely by comparing it to Caron Pour Un Homme, played with vetiver instead of lavender.

Another ELDO that takes a classic and twists it to a modern sensibility.
07th November, 2019
Chestnuts, olives, and vetiver?? I'm sorry folks, but this is just disgusting.

Opportunity showed itself. I had the chance to buy a brand new bottle of this blindly for 90 bucks, or a 2 ml sample for 8, I went with the sample, and boy am I glad I did. With this one i was even kind of upset to waste 8 bucks on a sample, because I don't plan on wearing the other half of it.. EVER.

Fat Electrician, opens up with a strange Play-doh sort of smell.. I've gotten this in some other fragrances, notably - L'Artisan Vanille Absolument. The chestnut note is super dominating in the opening, and not very enjoyable since there isn't much to balance it out. It started drying into a very green vetiver note with the chestnut accord dying down, and an olive note emerging. It's intriguing for sure, but just smells weird. About 2 hours in, it really grabs my interest as it begins to smell like marijuana. It kind of dries down this way. The final end phase is a tonka/vetiver combo that is rather nice,

I do love the smell of marijuana, and have found few fragrances to replicate it authentically. I doubt they were going for it here, but it may have just turned out this way from the combination of notes. I find the dry down much nicer than the loud and obnoxious opening.

I buy my fragrances for the entire thing, not just the dry down. With an ok dry down and a horrible opening, A good dry down is not a good buy.
08th August, 2019
Vetiver accord, at first blast. Gone quickly. Chestnut, as a woody note - not as a creamy note. Green olive leaf. I smell some vanilla. I get something like leather. Kind of animalic on the back end (no pun intended). Overall this reminds me of something else in my wardrobe. It's nice. Not mind-numbingly orgasmic in any way, shape, or form - just nice. Vetiver, again reveals itself hours later.
09th October, 2018
Starts off heavy sweet vanilla and amber to the extent it is cloying reduces in intensity but remains qualitatively linear so that it is no longer offensive but neither is it pleasing. No vetiver to my nose. Almost a scrubber.

Fragrance: 5/10
Projection: 6/10
Longevity: 7/10
03rd October, 2018
Nude with Leg Up (Leigh Bowery) by Lucian Freud 1992
19th May, 2018
Changing my review on this one after pulling out the sample I had a year later and giving it a lighter wearing. I get more vetiver with a lighter application, than a heaver dosage. When I wore FE with a heavy application, it was much more vanilla dominate and the vetiver and myrrh really didn't present themselves. It's still a little pedestrian, and reminds me of some of the Commodity line in that it succeeds in not being distinctive. I like it better, but I guess I was hoping for something in the direction of Vetiver Tonka. Unfortunately, this isn't exactly it, but it is a clean, wearable scent. I am a fan of ELdO, and want to like this one I guess.
28th October, 2017 (last edited: 26th February, 2019)

Add your review of Fat Electrician

Etat Libre D'Orange Fat Electrician Semi-Modern Vetiver

End Date: Friday Dec-13-2019 11:53:42 PST
Buy It Now for only: $149.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Etat Libre D'Orange Fat Electrician Fragrance Perfume Sample EDP 1.5ml/0.05 floz

End Date: Saturday Dec-14-2019 13:10:14 PST

Fat Electrician by Etat Libre d'Orange Eau De Parfum 1.7 oz Spray

End Date: Sunday Dec-15-2019 22:08:43 PST
Buy It Now for only: $90.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Etat Libre d'Orange Fat Electrician - 3ml Sample - Free Shipping -100% Authentic

End Date: Thursday Dec-19-2019 16:06:09 PST