Fat Electrician (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseEtat Libre d'Orange
PerfumerAntoine Maisondieu

About Fat Electrician

Fat Electrician is a shared / unisex perfume by Etat Libre d'Orange. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Maisondieu

Fat Electrician fragrance notes

Reviews of Fat Electrician

I like vetiver, so this is a positive from me. Having said that, it is quite sweet, and sweeter than I prefer my vetiver fragrances. It's long lasting and very linear on my skin. Just a sweet vetiver from beginning to end. It took ages to finish my sample, because I like to wear this with a light hand. I do not need to repurchase.
19th March, 2020
It's taken me quite some time to come around to this one, as vetiver-centric scents are typically not my thing.

Having said that, this is a wonderful, unique fragrance. The vetiver is grassy and rooty and unadorned. There was no effort to make it smooth or suave...the best description would be "rooty".

After the initial blast comes the creamy centre, and it makes up for all its rawness. There are several notes listed, but FE is essentially vetiver + vanilla.

TS from "The Guide" sums it up nicely by comparing it to Caron Pour Un Homme, played with vetiver instead of lavender.

Another ELDO that takes a classic and twists it to a modern sensibility.
07th November, 2019
Chestnuts, olives, and vetiver?? I'm sorry folks, but this is just disgusting.

Opportunity showed itself. I had the chance to buy a brand new bottle of this blindly for 90 bucks, or a 2 ml sample for 8, I went with the sample, and boy am I glad I did. With this one i was even kind of upset to waste 8 bucks on a sample, because I don't plan on wearing the other half of it.. EVER.

Fat Electrician, opens up with a strange Play-doh sort of smell.. I've gotten this in some other fragrances, notably - L'Artisan Vanille Absolument. The chestnut note is super dominating in the opening, and not very enjoyable since there isn't much to balance it out. It started drying into a very green vetiver note with the chestnut accord dying down, and an olive note emerging. It's intriguing for sure, but just smells weird. About 2 hours in, it really grabs my interest as it begins to smell like marijuana. It kind of dries down this way. The final end phase is a tonka/vetiver combo that is rather nice,

I do love the smell of marijuana, and have found few fragrances to replicate it authentically. I doubt they were going for it here, but it may have just turned out this way from the combination of notes. I find the dry down much nicer than the loud and obnoxious opening.

I buy my fragrances for the entire thing, not just the dry down. With an ok dry down and a horrible opening, A good dry down is not a good buy.
08th August, 2019
Vetiver accord, at first blast. Gone quickly. Chestnut, as a woody note - not as a creamy note. Green olive leaf. I smell some vanilla. I get something like leather. Kind of animalic on the back end (no pun intended). Overall this reminds me of something else in my wardrobe. It's nice. Not mind-numbingly orgasmic in any way, shape, or form - just nice. Vetiver, again reveals itself hours later.
09th October, 2018
Starts off heavy sweet vanilla and amber to the extent it is cloying reduces in intensity but remains qualitatively linear so that it is no longer offensive but neither is it pleasing. No vetiver to my nose. Almost a scrubber.

Fragrance: 5/10
19th May, 2018

Add your review of Fat Electrician

Shop for Fat Electrician products online

Shop for Fat Electrician at online perfumeries

Etat Libre d'Orange Fat Electrician - 3ml Sample - Free Shipping -100% Authentic

End Date: Saturday May-30-2020 17:08:23 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $11.99

Etat Libre d'Orange Fat Electrician EDP Eau de Parfum Spray 1 oz (30 ml) NEW

End Date: Tuesday Jun-2-2020 15:17:44 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $57.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Etat Libre d'Orange Fat Electrician EDP Eau de Parfum Spray 3.38 oz (100 mL) NEW

End Date: Tuesday Jun-2-2020 15:17:45 PDT