Fat Electrician (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseEtat Libre d'Orange
PerfumerAntoine Maisondieu

About Fat Electrician

Fat Electrician is a shared / unisex perfume by Etat Libre d'Orange. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Maisondieu

Fat Electrician fragrance notes

Reviews of Fat Electrician

Some reviews refer to Fat Electrician as a "dirty vetiver", but I don't really get much vetiver in this at all, especially in the early stages. The opening is almost an exact vanilla extract scent to my wnose. Probably a combination of the vanilla, chestnut and myrrh, and really is the most interesting part of the fragrance. The opening slowly warms into a spiced myrrh-vanilla with some supporting hints of vetiver, but never anything pure or dirty. I didn't get much development beyond that and to me it's rather pedestrian, with average sillage and longevity. Easily unisex, but strictly a casual fragrance from my perspective. Boring is the best I can do to describe my overall impression. Nothing I'd like to wear or own. For a spiced vanilla I like the smoother Eau Duelle by Diptyque or the more interesting Tobacco Vanilla by Tom Ford.
28th October, 2017
mspa Show all reviews
the name is an oxymoron to the actual scent.
quite delicate and very well blended.
it is really sweet, and the vetiver and smoke are very subtle. sweetened myrrh is more what it feels like.
imo projection and performance are perfect.
i feel comfortabe wearing it, but although unisex, i believe it leans towards the feminine side of the spectrum and could be excellent feminine wear.
22nd September, 2017
This one is a love of mine, but I think of it more as a cool weather scent despite the vetiver. The sweet gourmandish chestnut paste note makes it quite cuddly, which forms a lovely push-pull with the almost sweaty vetiver. It's great today on a cloudy but warm day. I bought this in preference to Sycomore a couple of years ago and don't regret it. It's a bit more chunky and edgy and has a grounding effect on me.

Late evening and still loving Fat Electrician - it's a vetiver vanilla now that wafts up from time to time - very pleasant and the slight sourness of the vetiver keeps it interesting to the end.
19th July, 2017
A sweet vetiver.

The emphasis is more on the supporting sweet notes, than the vetiver itself. The myrrh makes the fragrance a little creamy, and there is a little bit of vanilla. The sweetness is comforting rather than cloying.

Overall this is quite a subtle fragrance. It has very low sillage and not the greatest longevity. It does not particularly explore vetiver or the sweet notes, nor is there any compelling accord. It comes across as insubstantial because of its scent profile and lack of tenacity.

Poor to okayish, and quite easily forgotten.

02nd June, 2017
When I first wore Fat Electrician, I tried to search all the boxes of my memory for what it reminded me of. The more I wore it, the more I enjoyed it, but just couldn't put a finger on it until now. It reminds me of when I was younger and I was dragged to church (Catholic church) and during certain holy days the priest would bring out the incense and bath the entire congregation with it and it filled the entire area. At the end of the service we all walked out with the scent of the incense clinging to our clothes and hair.

If you have a fancy dress like I did that required dry cleaning, the dress went back into the closet and next Sunday the smell of last's weeks service with all the pomp and clouds of incense would come flooding back. In fact, Fat Electrician took me way back to all those memories of the church services with the heavy myrrh, the lighting of the candles and the one time so much incense was used the fire alarm went off mid-service much to my amusement when I was a child.

My husband, on the other hand, took a whiff of this on me and said 'you know what....when I was younger my dad used to have pot parties back in the day and you smell like that bags of pot and hash that showed up at the house with whatever else they used to cover up that smell.....I don't like it at all.'

Fat Electrician is a definite thumbs up from me, but a big thumbs down from hubby, who associates the smell with not so happy memories. I appreciate the scent for what it is and the artistry behind it. I enjoy the memories it brings back for me, but sadly will not purchase full size at this time.
14th April, 2017
Starts with a nutty and smoky vetiver with a dusty sweet touch. I get something fruity also, but that passes after the first half hour. Going into the dry-down, this will be dry and smoky, with vanilla and vetiver. It is a take on the rooty and not grassy vetiver and although I can definitely can smell it in the composition, I believe the emphasized note is the opoponax. And I guess I understand the whipped cream note they list. It is a very pleasing smoky and almost gourmand fragrance.
10th April, 2017