Forest Rain (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseKiehl's
Parent CompanyL'Oral Group

About Forest Rain

Forest Rain is a shared / unisex perfume by Kiehl's. The scent was launched in 2008

Forest Rain fragrance notes

Reviews of Forest Rain

Salutation.

This is a wonderfully clean,green-spicy,assertive scent that can be worn by men or women.the scent is fresh but has character,reminds me of strong forest under a sky filled with the grey storm clouds,a crisp wind is blowing,the air is thick with earthy smells and imminent rain.a fragrance out of ordinary, a refreshing scent in all ways.the composition is contered on the lily of the volley with it is gentle green and fresh beauty.Musky,Floral,Refreshing,Green, Subtle,Lively and Well Balanced.

This lovely green scent opens with a nice citrusy.as it settles down.it fades into a elegant musk and vetiver scent after a dominant lily heart notes,that is nothing your face,nothing cheap yet makes it an feminine way.in fact it is a gentle musky scent that is layered on the green notes.at first it smells like think of a woodland fairytale,like something fairy princess from lord of the rings would wear.perfect for the rainy weather.

Sillage?Gentle.

Longevity?About 4 hours on my skin.

6.75/10
28th December, 2015
The name and, the color of the bottle makes you think it is going to be a green, woody and musty scent. What a big disappointment, I was also convinced (like many) this was going to be a pine/cedar and very woody perfume, but it turns out to be mainly a lily of the valley perfume. I have nothing against lily of the valley, but in this perfume it is basically just lily of the valley and nothing else, the citrus and vetiver are for all purposes nonexistent, and the musk is so weak that practically could have been left out without affecting the total feeling of the perfume at all.
The strong and penetrating lily of the valley note is too feminine for my taste (and I do wear some women's perfumes in occasions) but this perfume is way too feminine for most males to enjoy.
Hard to get, expensive and not of my liking, what can i do but assign a thumbs down to this mess.
04th September, 2014
For some reason, I was convinced that this would be a much bluer or greener scent, but I'm finding it much redder than I expected, leaning toward magenta. The opening is brilliant: a lush, semi-tropical unisex fruit basket, with the type of florals you'd find in a Gendarme (or Richard James, or At The Beach 1966). I almost am at the point of being able to pick out individual fruits, and maybe that's why I like it; I don't like most fruit fragrances but I also can usually never pick out their notes because all the ones I've tried are frankly synthetic, metallic garbage. What troubles me is that the fruit starts to shift more toward resembling cherry, a note that I truly despise. At first, the scent passes through a phase where it reminds me of cherry popsicles, which doesn't bother me. It gets a little worse, but isn't too bad and only leaves me mildly annoyed because it's not as candy-like as a lot of other brands become by this stage. It's actually a lot closer to Richard James than I remembered from my first few trials, and this earns it a lot of my respect, but it's still not quite what I hoped for, nor is it an amazing and serendipitous find. Just a unisex floral cherry fragrance.
07th October, 2012
This is one of my favorites--this past Christmas I was visiting home, and I found a bottle of this among a few scents my father had gotten tired of and left for me to try out. It was love at first sniff, and although there is a certain nostalgia that this scent evokes for me, I find the scent to be very unique, and feel great when I wear it. Lush green, homage to a mountain forest after a rainstorm...damp branches, faint flowers, moss, wet stone. Somewhat sweet and clean (without coming off like soap or detergent), but this still strikes me as somewhat more on the masculine end of the dial--though I'd certainly enjoy smelling this on a woman. I think this one is very overlooked, which is great, as I don't worry about running into anyone else wearing it.
16th June, 2012
Not good, certainly not great - but you get what you pay for, longevity and silage is poor - but the scent with its animalic musk coupled with vetiver made me buy this - quite the compliment getter, well blended.
12th June, 2012
Has been my favorite scent for the last 3 years. SADLY, Kieh's has discontinued making the scent. Good luck finding it online. Try the Kiehl's Musk, it's not as good, but still one of my favorites.
26th February, 2012

Add your review of Forest Rain

Shop for Forest Rain products online

Member images of Forest Rain

There are no member images of Forest Rain yet. Why not be the first?