Absolument Homme (2006)

• Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Absolument Homme Fragrance Notes

Reviews of Absolument Homme

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.

Amos Jolthead's avatar
    Amos Jolthead

The notes listed on this page are wrong. The notes listed on Absolument’s website for AH are:
    “Base notes of woodland and amber unite Musk, Sandalwood of Mysore, Cedarwood of Virginia and Patchouli leaves.
    Heart notes of Egyptian Geranium, Spicy Carnation, and nutmeg seeds carry refinement and subtlety.
    While the top notes convey the freshness of Sicilian lemon and the citrus elegance of the Bergamot orange...”

Opening I can smell bergamot, and a hint of musk in the background that slowly emerges. It’s hard for me to ignore the base notes that their website lists. To me, the base notes are all throughout this fragrance – and pretty strong at that. Patchouli and Musk are there from the get-go. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. I really like AH, but there’s not any subtle transformation to this fragrance. On me, this is just kind of like “Boom – here it is”.

Also I do not get any of the middle notes at all. This may be because I am unfamiliar w/Egyptian Geranium and Spicy Carnation. As far as nutmeg goes, I can’t really smell it. It is only when I read that nutmeg is in this that I think I can smell it. And I can’t smell past the heavier notes of the musk and patchouli to get any florals.

Anyway, I think AH is not quite as complex as the makers would like it to be, but it’s still a good fragrance. Quite good sillage – don’t use too much of this. The patchouli and musk are pretty stout. It has a kind of “here and there” quality to it. It comes and goes. Not complaining about that, it’s nice. The musk seems to waft in and out of the fragrance.

AH has the potential to be a very good fragrance to easily crossing the line into something so strong that it’s offensive. So, I had to put the coaster brake on this a little bit. I put a bit too much on the 2nd wearing. There is a nice balance that this fragrance gives, I think you just have to ‘get it right’.

26 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 08 June, 2012)

Balvon's avatar
    Balvon
    Lithuania Lithuania

Very sexy, good fragrance for men!

22 January, 2011