Insolence Eau Glacée (2009)
by Guerlain

Insolence Eau Glacée information

Year of Launch2009
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Insolence Eau Glacée

Insolence Eau Glacée is a feminine perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of Insolence Eau Glacée

There is one review of Insolence Eau Glacée.
Insolence Eau Glacee is nothing like its predecessor Insolence EDT, at least in my opinion. While I do love the smell of violets, the original had absolutely slaughtered the beautiful flower, turning it into a candied mess which had me saying "Why Guerlain, why?" Insolence Eau Glacee thankfully has not made the same mistake.

Insolence Eau Glacee opens with a rather aquatic burst, being a little similar to that of L'eau par Kenzo. It is initially very watery and fresh. As it settles, the violet emerges in all its soft prettiness with some additional crispness from the apple note.

I'll agree that this fragrance has an icy feel. It is particularly refreshing when worn in the Summer humidity which I am now experiencing as we speak. I'm surprised that this fragrance release never managed to reach our shores and I feel as if we're missing out on a lot of Insolence flankers for some unbeknownst reason.

Towards the heart, Insolence Eau Glacee takes on a rather clean and soothing, subtle, powdery violet scent, which is the only similarity between the original and this version that I have managed to detect. I guess in some ways it seems like a more diluted version, with less sugar and more violet.

The fresh airyness of Insolence Eau Glacee, is in my opinion, delightful and inoffensive. It's feminine and simplistic, however it's not a fragrance for everyone as unfortunately this fragrance does tend to turn sour on my skin.

The drydown happened to be a very pleasing musky violet and the lasting power wasn't actually that bad, at least five hours. I would like to thank Guusje for being so loving and generous as to send me a sample of this hard-to-find fragrance.
20th April, 2012

Add your review of Insolence Eau Glacée

Shop for Insolence Eau Glacée products online

Shop for Insolence Eau Glacée at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Insolence Eau Glacée

Member images of Insolence Eau Glacée

There are no member images of Insolence Eau Glacée yet. Why not be the first?