Eau de Pamplemousse Rose (2009)
by Hermès

Eau de Pamplemousse Rose information

Year of Launch2009

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

Eau de Pamplemousse Rose is a shared / unisex perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena

Eau de Pamplemousse Rose fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

Gold standard grapefruit.
Jean-Claude's reference haiku,
His most cited work.
16th November, 2017
Thumbs Up for a fresh, crisp, true-to-life grapefruit scent! The drydown is also quite fresh and clean. PERFECT for the office: My office perfume Grinch proclaimed it agreeable, and he's a hard one to please! :)

(Thumbs Down for a VERY quick fade out....After 2 hours I could barely smell on my skin at all.) For a Hermes scent with Hermes pricing, I expect a bit more, even from an EdT.

This will be a great summer scent though....perfect for nights out. I have a Scentbird travel spray bottle of this scent, so I can refresh as needed.

I find that I really enjoy most anything of JC Ellena's creations that I come across...This is a beauty!
31st March, 2016
You get a blast of grapefruit when you first try this on. For me it's a bright, pleasant, uncomplicated scent. Reminds me of eating breakfast before work on a sunny, summer, early morning. Unfortunately it only lasts about as long as it takes to eat breakfast, not even that long, and then it's gone. So short-lived, it's untrue. I wouldn't buy it again, for that reason, but apparently there is a concentré version, which I might try.
I bought a bottle of this blind at Schiphol airport, but I had to use so much of this to even get it to last half an hour on me, I decided to give it away to someone who I know loves very subtle citrusy scents.
June 2015
25th June, 2015
Red grapefruit is the star here. It is an ingredient that is deserving of the spotlight as it creates a confident opening and can be smelled all day without giving the wearer a headache. The tart and sweet are balanced and enjoyable. I found that the fragrance did not evolve much throughout the day, however it is a pleasant smell so I did not get tired of it. It did fade by late afternoon and is now barely detectable on my skin. I also would have liked there to be a savory or woodsy note.
The Good: Grapefruit done well and balanced.
The Bad: The intro and the outro are very similar and not far apart.
Overall: If it lasted longer and had a savory or woodsy note I would be a big fan.
09th April, 2014
Eau De Pamplemousse Rose by Hermes

This really smells like a typical Hermes fragrance. A grapefruit citrus opening that smells like your typical "eau de cologne" backed by peppery earthy grassy mineral notes. If you've smelled Terre d'Hermes, Voyage and even Orange Concentree Vert, you've practically smelled this one as well.

24th May, 2013
At the beginning i smell a sheer bergamot/grapefruit accord which is dominant throughout, along a sort of trip in which the rose is barely detectable in the central stage and the dry down expresses a plain vetiver feel with a touch of soapiness. The main note in my opinion is neither the rose nor the vetiver but a lemony grapefruit finally flanked by a woodsy/spicy undertone. I'd have preferred a touch of ambergris in the base. A decently crafted formula anyway yet runned elsewhere in such far better ways.
24th February, 2013 (last edited: 23rd February, 2014)

Add your review of Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

Shop for Eau de Pamplemousse Rose products online

Search Amazon for Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

Member images of Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

There are no member images of Eau de Pamplemousse Rose yet. Why not be the first?