Eau de Gentiane Blanche (2009)
by Hermès

Eau de Gentiane Blanche information

Year of Launch2009

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Eau de Gentiane Blanche

Eau de Gentiane Blanche is a shared / unisex perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena

Eau de Gentiane Blanche fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau de Gentiane Blanche

The Young Sailor I by Henri Matisse 1906
08th August, 2017
A delightful mossy-woody scent. I would characterize it as resembling a vetiver scent, but without the vetiver! Eau de Gentiane Blanche is simple, clean, fresh, and predictable: A peppery light smoke experience that provides a healthy spiciness that isn't clouded with many other notes. Instantly fell in love with it upon sample, and now I proudly own a bottle.

If you want to try an atypical fragrance and may already like the other Hermes scents, definitely give this one a try!
29th October, 2016 (last edited: 02nd April, 2017)
This is my current "go to" and in between headier scents perfume. It's also my universal solvent in the sense that if I've tried another perfume that's too floral or otherwise heavy and sweet for me, I'll spray this over it to tone it down. Some rescues and also some nice one-time scents have come my way by doing that. Also some errors. But out of respect to its maker and house I usually wear this one solo. I relish Eau de Gentiane Blanche's somewhat bitter dry greeness, its earthy undertones. Maybe it's the name "gentiane" that makes me feel when I wear it as if I've finished my walk up a mountain path and come to a clearing where I can sit down and just enjoy the mixed aromas of nature for a while. I might also wear this if I had to go to a party or some such occasion I didn't really want to be at. It carries a reminder of independence.
23rd October, 2016
The previous review is correct in their overall assessment that this is "simplistic", my paraphrase. But that doesn't mean that it isn't exciting. Not if what you're looking for is a simple, clean, fresh, pleasing cologne that isn't loud or boastful in how it comes across. Not every cologne has to be daring to be great.

There is a very subtle citrus to this, but if you "blink" you'll probably miss it. It's green, but not overly so. It's soft and light, great for a casual spring day.
05th April, 2015
It is simply dry, mossy grass. Nothing to get excited about.
01st October, 2014
Cool, austere, dank yet dry, powdery-dusty, vegetal, foggy, and maybe slightly smoky (but not warm); a greenness steeped in an old stone and dirt-floor cellar. I don't know gentian, but what I perceive here is a big dose of iris, mostly root. In this respect, my mind connected it to Eau d'Italie's wonderful Bois d'Ombrie. In the latter, the rhizomatic note is enhanced by other facets; here it far more front-and-center, sweetened only the tiniest bit by musk and something that strikes me as grapefruit pith. I don't really get incense from this at all, unless it is the faint, slight smokiness, which I would be equally attempted to attribute back to iris. Ultimately, this strikes me as gothic and aloof--for Heathcliff out on the moor. Some have called it depressing; I find it transporting. In all, a very cool and unconventional scent, appropriately presented in a sleek and minimal dark grey bottle. I don't know its concentration, but with 3-5 sprays, this out-performs some fragrances purporting to be EDT/EDP.
01st April, 2014

Add your review of Eau de Gentiane Blanche

Shop for Eau de Gentiane Blanche products online

Search Amazon for Eau de Gentiane Blanche

Member images of Eau de Gentiane Blanche

There are no member images of Eau de Gentiane Blanche yet. Why not be the first?