Onice
    by Omnia Profumo

Average Rating:

Onice information

Onice is a unisex fragrance by Omnia Profumo.

Shop for Onice products online

100ml EdP

Reviews of Onice

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Fougère

Onice opens on a beguilingly weird accord of celery, cumin, and anise that gradually gives way to a nostalgic 1970s-style aromatic fougère (think Azzaro pour Homme) gussied up with a bevy of incongruous tropical fruit notes. The transition is a mite cacophonous, but both phases are consistent in their air of deliberate eccentricity. The dissonant heart pits a barber shop arrangement of lavender, geranium, nutmeg and musk against lactonic fruit, bright florals, and ylang-ylang in such high relief that Onice can smell like a layering of two unrelated fragrances. I’m not convinced the pieces cohere well enough to succeed completely as a composition, but I certainly enjoy the reckless play between traditional genres.

The fruity floral elements manage to outlast the spicy, aromatic content, and Onice winds up exiting on a mild woody oriental drydown centered on sweet, powdery amber and creamy sandalwood. It’s a surprisingly quiet and conventional destination, given what precedes it. Some might call it anticlimactic, but after the eventful journey my nose appreciates the comfortable landing. Even so, it’s Onice’s off-kilter top notes that appeal to me most, and after each wearing I regret that they don’t persist for longer.

21st June, 2014

Symphonies's avatar

I received Onice as a freebie sample from LuckyScent. As everyone has mentioned, Onice starts out very green. But it isn't long -about 10 minutes- before that heady green receded and moved into... butterscotch! What? This I did not expect. When my wife smelled my wrist, her eyes lit up and she said, "Ooh, butterscotch!" She loves butterscotch. Me, I'm not a fan. Perhaps this butterscotch accord is created by some of the fruit notes combining with a vanilla rich amber? Anyway, after about 15 minutes anise and licorice took over as the dominant notes although the vanilla/amber (still slightly butterscotch) remained. At this point I would also get an occasional whiff of mint, pineapple and what seemed to be a blend of the darker florals, jasmine and rose. When the licorice really blossomed it was definitely a savory black licorice. No Twizzlers here. Eventually everything settled into a more blended and lighter overall fragrance with just a touch of woody cedar entering the picture. I say "lighter" but it was stlll rich. All this happened over the course of about an hour or so.

Onice has a lot going on and creates an interesting journey. Unfortunately, it doesn't really suit my personality so a thumbs down for me, personally. However, trying to be more objective and realizing that others may love Onice's complexity and richness, I gave it a neutral rating.

Oh, one last thing: the juice itself seemed quite oily on my skin and it never really lost its sheen so you may want to beware spraying on clothing.

29th February, 2012

tamashek's avatar

Ok, at the opening, all I could smell was black licorice and celery. Eww, not exactly a pleasant combination of notes. But give it 25 minutes and the fragrance turns into something quite nice. It's a bit spicy and masculine and I can smell the cedarwood and a tinge of musk. It certainly ended better than it started.

23rd April, 2010

mysolegia's avatar

Portugal Portugal

Like Granato, this scent has a strange opening. Celery and salad greens, no lie. Then it gets interesting. The notes are hard to pinpoint but what I perceived was nutmeg, a little coffee, white florals, green apple, mint. Some sort of wood shows up in there too but I can't tell which one. It's ethereal and airy. Out of the Omnia brand I like Onice the most, even if I can't identify all that's in it. Sooner or later I'll figure it out.

23rd January, 2010