5:40 PM in Madagascar (2009)
    by Kenzo

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 10 ratings

5:40 PM in Madagascar information

5:40 PM in Madagascar is a men's fragrance by Kenzo. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of 5:40 PM in Madagascar

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral4 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

ashihutza's avatar

Romania Romania

I agree with ordai, indeed it reminds of Greece; I bought a bottle when I was in Crete this summer. It reminded me of the warm afternoons, with those pink oleander flowers mixed with some kind of cedars that were near the beach. At first it is a little bit harsh, and more unisex, but then it develops into a more feminine nice soft vanilla scent with floral notes - fresia and lotus.

28 November, 2010

Dr Mu's avatar

I tried this briefly, and as vanilla scents go, I think this is good. It opens with something that reminded me actually of vodka, and then a gentle, slightly fruity vanilla develops. Vanilla doesn't really work for me, which is why I'm voting neutral, but it's well worth investigating if you like that note.

01st February, 2010

ksquare's avatar

Tried it twice within a year, but unfortunately I was a bit put off by the strong vanilla top note. Tho it is supposed to be Masculine, but funny that almost all the sales assistants I met in Asia are trying to sell is as a feminine scent.

03 November, 2009

hester's avatar

South Africa South Africa

This can't be marketed as masculine, can it? The airport I tried it in certainly had it with women's scents. Not as good as the wonderfully refreshing 7:15 in Bali, which I own. This very very quickly burned down to uninteresting, slightly boozy vanilla, nothing much more. Glad I didn't impulse buy, though I was tempted to have the two matching!

30th July, 2009

ubuandibeme's avatar

I truly don't believe this scent is marketed strictly as masculine, but if it is, don't let the gender designation stop any of you from trying this travel exclusive from Kenzo. I own 7:15 a.m. in Bali, which was the travel exclusive from 2008, and the basic breezy vacation formula found in 5:40 p.m. in Madagascar is just the same! In Bali the defining notes are brighter, with orchid & citrus accompanying a slight vanilla. In Madagascar we're talkin' more definite vanilla, the kind that smells like vanilla extract - a little bourbon-ish, and some tonka thrown in for good measure! Wears lightly, like air - light and very wearable!

29 July, 2009

ordai's avatar

Finland Finland

Fine summer fragarance, for me it is reminder of my trip to Greece this (09)summer, warm sunny weather and flowers.
    So light, that you can add it during day. Not sweet at all, fresh floral scents.

11th July, 2009

Add your review of 5:40 PM in Madagascar

Search for on eBay United States

5:40 PM In Madagascar by Kenzo 1.7oz EDT Spray NIB&Sealed Unisex Fragrance RARE
    • Time Left: 2 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    5:40 pm in Madagascar Kenzo for women and men 1.7oz NIB